2021 CAP Update

The NFL released their current 2021 model for next years CAP and where each team currently stands.  

A few things stand out.  The Colts.  Dang.  Patriots with 110 mill dang.  Bucs with 80 million could be problematic.

At least the Falcons are in better shape than Saints & Eagles.

The actual number will be 20-30 million higher so it’s not as bad as it looks.  Cut Bailey, Carp & Brown and add another 14 mill

Team

Cap

Space

Colts

$130,863,472

Chargers

$127,352,104

Patriots

$110,346,529

Jaguars

$109,429,749

Bengals

$88,420,186

Ravens

$83,689,658

Seahawks

$80,384,933

Cardinals

$79,904,347

Buccaneers

$79,306,743

Redskins

$77,861,259

Dolphins

$75,198,353

Giants

$75,036,792

Chiefs

$73,912,108

Titans

$64,320,282

Jets

$64,109,496

Broncos

$61,091,078

Lions

$60,544,912

Rams

$57,421,165

Panthers

$56,916,452

Packers

$52,286,871

49ers

$45,118,250

Browns

$44,860,010

Bills

$42,473,796

Vikings

$42,368,311

Bears

$40,342,788

Raiders

$40,073,382

Cowboys

$38,567,910

Steelers

$35,939,299

Texans

$24,163,905

Falcons

$59,237

Saints

($8,780,615)

Eagles

($42,132,107)

23 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:

I was going to say the same thing.  Haaaa. And the ravens have a bunch of cash and a much better team.  Just shows what good management can do... but TAFT is in love with our management team... lol

:munch:

Most TATFers think Dimi is one of the best in the business and the cap ain’t real. Sixth year in a row we’re at the bottom of the league in available cap space. Troffed.

36 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:

I was going to say the same thing.  Haaaa. And the ravens have a bunch of cash and a much better team.  Just shows what good management can do... but TAFT is in love with our management team... lol

You gonna catch a big one with that kind of bait! Whoa I think ya did

IMG_1864.JPG

36 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Most TATFers think Dimi is one of the best in the business and the cap ain’t real. Sixth year in a row we’re at the bottom of the league in available cap space. Troffed.

Shut up Dimitroff, and stop cutting your kids hair.

“Cap doesn’t matter” -99% of falcons fans 

yeah we will see when Dimitroff and Quinn are out on their a$$e$ after this season and the next regime has to clean up this mess. Best part is we probably won’t get the best candidates because of this mess. 

1 hour ago, Realsurfin said:

It also shows what having an elite QB on a rookie deal and no superstar receiver can do

1 minute ago, RYNE said:

“Cap doesn’t matter” -99% of falcons fans 

yeah we will see when Dimitroff and Quinn are out on their a$$e$ after this season and the next regime has to clean up this mess. Best part is we probably won’t get the best candidates because of this mess. 

So we upgraded 2 positions, maybe 3 in free agency when everyone said we had no money to do anything and we are still complaining about the cap? Lol

7 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

So we upgraded 2 positions, maybe 3 in free agency when everyone said we had no money to do anything and we are still complaining about the cap? Lol

I just explained it to you. That’s great for this year. This money isn’t free. It’s going to come back to haunt us. This is what happened to Dallas when Garrett first took over. He had to strip that team down and they were in cap **** for a few years. Took a while to get out of it. Then they got good. Then Romo started getting hurt all the time and it never materialized. 

The point it a major rebuild is coming. And it’s going to be next year unless some miraculous turn around happens in 2020. Hope it does. But I’ll believe it when I see it. 

7 minutes ago, RYNE said:

I just explained it to you. That’s great for this year. This money isn’t free. It’s going to come back to haunt us. This is what happened to Dallas when Garrett first took over. He had to strip that team down and they were in cap **** for a few years. Took a while to get out of it. Then they got good. Then Romo started getting hurt all the time and it never materialized. 

The point it a major rebuild is coming. And it’s going to be next year unless some miraculous turn around happens in 2020. Hope it does. But I’ll believe it when I see it. 

The cap is going up considerably. We just drafted the replacement to one of our highest paid players as well. I don't think it's nearly as bad as some are making it out to be.