Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SaintRay

Jameis Winston agrees to $1.1M and enrolls in Saints QB University

It does not take a rocket scientist to understand if you sit in a room with Sean Payton and Drew Brees for one hour, you will be light-years ahead most of your NFL competitors. Teddy Bridgewater knew it. Taysom Hill understands it. A lucrative contract wasn't the issue for Winston, learning was. Especially, since his career is at a crossroads.

On April 29, 2020, Jameis Winston signed with the New Orleans Saints. The terms of Winston's contract with the Saints is for a $1.1.M with a base salary of $952K, $148K sign-on bonus, and $3.4M in incentives for one-year. Field Yates, ESPN

It could have been “take the money”, and yet head down a path of NFL QB purgatory, become a QB journeyman, or at worst, join the ranks of another promising talent gone bust. Winston made the smart play by being humble and learning from great offensive football minds. Jameis chose the latter. Think about what he chose. He will sit in a QB room comprising HC Sean Payton, OC Pete Carmichael, Jr., and QB Drew Brees. One is an offensive genius, the other is a great instructor/implementer, and the other is one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history. Winston chose wisely.

On 5/1/2020 at 11:51 PM, Spts1 said:

He would be a better replacement for Brees than Hill.  Just needs to learn to stop making careless throws...

Yeah and I am not sure if simply learning is going to correct decision making. 

Which was always Famous Jameis’ issue. 

But hey, at least he got a 30 for 30 out of it! :lol:

On 5/1/2020 at 11:51 PM, Spts1 said:

He would be a better replacement for Brees than Hill.  Just needs to learn to stop making careless throws...

I agree.  Jameis has already completed 10 passes to Saints players.  Hill has only completed 7.  

I think Jameis is a great pickup for them.  PFF did a post on him about how he was the most volatile QB they have ever charted.  He either had the most positively graded throws or big time throws in the league last year, but was also bottom three in turnover worthy throws as well.  I’m sure a year with Brees and Payton, eye surgery, just year to sit back and observe and not having the pressure of being the guy and likely the gut check of not being even wanted as a starter after being the guy at FSU, winning a Heisman, #1 overall draft pick and rookie of the year will likely be really good for him to come back down to earth and learn more.

Just now, tl;dr said:

Why hasn’t this thread been moved? Suck the Faints

lmao in the time I opened the thread and made that first comment it was moved