1 minute ago, Lowndesfalc said:

Takk seems like Hageman part II. His motivation hasn’t been football. It was getting out of Oakland. 

I liked his spirit on the draft stage, he wanted to be greatr for Grandma, I believed him, but he's done nothing but let us down. Time to move on be it trade, sit him, whatever. I don't know the cap hit, but I don't think he has any trade value. 

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All talk and no bite from this dude.

Thought this was old news

I had enough of this guy. Dude´s been more active on social media than on the field since day 1. Complaining and liking tweets about potentially leaving the team like he is a superstar.

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, stizz said:

Are we really putting it past him to show up out of shape to spite the organization? If I was TD, I'd deal him for whatever I could.

If we're not planning on bringing him back, which seems to be the case, the best we could hope for is that he has a solid year & someone pays him well enough to net us a 3rd round comp pick the following year (2022).

So, if getting a third is likely the best case scenario, I'd go ahead and float him out there now for a 2021 conditional pick... a 4th rounder that becomes a 3rd if he reaches a certain number of sacks, or has a certain number of starts or snaps.

That way, he's hopefully motivated in his new situation & more likely to hit those goals... vs. he stays here all year, isn't motivated, plays like crap, and we end up just letting him walk & getting nothing in return.

I don't put all of this on Takk. Until the organization gets some big guys up front that can push the pocket so that the QB can't just step up to avoid the rush, it won't matter who the edge rushers are. They are going to continue to have this problem.

Edited by magman78
43 minutes ago, atljbo said:

I think fans over react with his goofiness and trolling.   But because of  the injury thing... This was the only move to be honest.

I'm still real high on take and I think he is closer to being the player he needs to be then most do on here. 

The only thing is I think he needs to hit around 60-70% of the snaps to hit that 10 sack ..   IDK if his shoulder can take that many snaps tho..   we will see

Exactly. Is there a doctor in the house? I'm not, so I don't know whether a pass rusher in the NFL who has already had multiple shoulder surgeries can play for very long at this level without blowing the shoulder out again. I would think the odds are he's not done with shoulder problems.

53 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

I am in the same pool, as of right now I wouldn't want to pay him $13M next year, but if he doesn't ball out with 10+ sacks we can get him back on the cheap. Vic just got resigned for $7.5M. 

I think his 5th year option would have been 9 mil and some change ... I think

Edit.. It would be 10 mil

31 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

That would be great but like I said earlier, his stock is about as low as it can get.  If we offer up Takk for Yannick or Adams, we would have to sweeten the pot with a high draft pick next season. 

Okay. Whatever it takes; we need to trade him away.  Some of the posters in this thread need to go actually see the twitter post...he's literally thanking God for answered prayers that he won't be a Falcon anymore...he don't need to be here, get to steppin"

27 minutes ago, magman78 said:

I don't put all of this on Takk. Until the organization gets some big guys up front that can push the pocket so that the QB can't just step up to avoid the rush, it won't matter who the edge rushers are. They are going to continue to have this problem.

His ability to rush the passer isn't the overall issue here, its his shoulder issues (that he's been having since before the Falcons drafted him) that's been keeping him off the field.

So, his health and his inability to be on the field in order to collect a paycheck are things that they can definitely put on him.

22 minutes ago, atljbo said:

I think his 5th year option would have been 9 mil and some change ... I think

Edit.. It would be 10 mil

Falcoholic has him at $7.8M while blogging dirty has him at $10.1 Million. We might be able to get him back at a cheaper deal. 

I mean, I don't know what anyone expected.  He hasn't produced.  If he does, we can still keep him via the tag.  If he doesn't, we cut bait (and someone ought to be auditing Dimitroff's draft process for DEs).  Either way, the Falcons weren't going to do the "we're going to try to get the best out of him" thing again like they did with Beasley.

18 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I honestly wouldn't care about Takk's mouth at all if he simply played like a 1st round pick. 

Notice the difference in Takk & MD2020

Marlon Davidson:
“You can’t tell people you are a dog, you have to show it,” the former Auburn defensive lineman said. “You turn on the film and you are going to look and see how they play. You gonna see 3 and 3 is going to be doing his thing. That’s for sure.”

Falcons DE Takk McKinley calls Ben Roethlisberger a great quarterback but says, “He hasn’t seen Takk McKinley.” https://t.co/KXBXOfYpV6

1 hour ago, Statick said:

Too bad.

He better bring it this year or its over. Just hope his shoulders hold up.

Yea, I think he MAY have the desire, but his body won't let him carry it out --- 

Looks like, if he don't deliver, HE GONE!!!   And I'm fine with that!

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

No. Beasley was actually a decent player and showed flashes of even being very good at times. Takk has been cheeks the whole time he's been here. 

Y’all know I’ve been Beasley’s biggest fan boy for years.  Beasley’s biggest problem was his inconsistent play.  When he produced he produced at a high level.

Takk has produced nothing.  Mental issues, lack of sacks, not fond of our team and an overall Bad attitude.

Ready for us to kick him to the curb. 

Edited by Godzilla1985
7 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Notice the difference in Takk & MD2020

Marlon Davidson:
“You can’t tell people you are a dog, you have to show it,” the former Auburn defensive lineman said. “You turn on the film and you are going to look and see how they play. You gonna see 3 and 3 is going to be doing his thing. That’s for sure.”

This.

Takk is still riding off his draft day tirade with his  Grandma’s picture in his hand.