When you watch his combine workout in retrospect, it sums up Takk's career to a T.

https://youtu.be/XGpKTXhvn7I

First, he is physically gifted, running 4.59 which is blazing for his size. However, he had just boasted that he would post a 4.4. He has a penchant for writing checks he cant cash on the field. 

During the field drills his athleticism looked the part, but his focus was not there. He ended up messing up multiple times trying too hard to guess. We've seen this show up on gameday's when he tries to do too much and guesses, losing contain a lot and giving up the edge.

Lastly, on the bench you see his fire and heart that we love. That "crazy" where he pushes himself. He see's red when its go time.

I watched this for the first time in  years and was like wow, this is exactly who he has been so far in his career.

Takk has the talent to be great, its about keeping that shoulder healthy and keeping his right mind on and off the field. 
Youtube wont allow the video to be embedded fyi

Edited by LightningDawg58
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

saw this yesterday, the difference between Takk and Vic was Takk actually tries - when ppl say that just because Takk had a high win % but low sacks he’s bad, they don’t understand who was opposite fr

When you watch his combine workout in retrospect, it sums up Takk's career to a T. https://youtu.be/XGpKTXhvn7I First, he is physically gifted, running 4.59 which is blazing for his size. Ho

I’m actually hoping the penny has dropped for him. Getting his body and mind right. Leave the street on the street. Stay away from the twitter handles and just come in and use that abil

I’m actually hoping the penny has dropped for him.

Getting his body and mind right.

Leave the street on the street.

Stay away from the twitter handles and just come in and use that ability mentioned by the OP and maximise what he has.Outside of the physical gifts which he has he needs to get his head right.Don’t talk let your actions do the talking.Football isn’t won on social media.Its won between the ears and between the white lines.For me I hope Takk finally gets it.

His abysmal three-cone also gave a hint that he had a stiff lower body.

This is born out by the number of times he has beaten/ been allowed to beat the man in front of him, and failed to sack the quarterback.

If we could have cut and pasted Vick Beasley's torso and down onto Takk, we would have created potentially the best pass rusher in the NFL, and released the worst one in the NFL.

saw this yesterday, the difference between Takk and Vic was Takk actually tries - when ppl say that just because Takk had a high win % but low sacks he’s bad, they don’t understand who was opposite from him - if Vic tried half as much as Takk does, I’m sure Takk would have had many more sacks.  This was clear proof that Vic doesn’t care.

Unlike many of the weak quitter fans on here I am not ready to give up on Takk. I feel like DQ has misused him and took away the things he did well by having him lose weight and turning him into a speed rush/coverage OLB. As you notice from his rookie hightlights he was more effective as a DE. I also think Chuck Smith has a point in that Davidson, Dante, and and good secondary play will benefit Takk. His pressure rate is where you need it to be and among the best in the league. The problem is at times the ball is released before he has a chance to get there or he chased the QB right into the arms of Vic. The guy still averages 5.5 sacks and could potentially have a Shaquille Barrett like break out season. 

1 hour ago, New Jersey Falcon said:

saw this yesterday, the difference between Takk and Vic was Takk actually tries - when ppl say that just because Takk had a high win % but low sacks he’s bad, they don’t understand who was opposite from him - if Vic tried half as much as Takk does, I’m sure Takk would have had many more sacks.  This was clear proof that Vic doesn’t care.

Vic is such an anomaly man. How can anyone that talented be so apathetic about football. 

Takks effort has always been there. Once he starts playing smarter to go along with it, game over 

Interesting find...seems apropos to bring up Chuck Smith’s observations from a February interview...

Takk McKinley has to stop being a primary bull-rusher,” said Smith. “Takk McKinley has to develop finesse, explosive hand movement that will take away the pressure of him having to ... strike and bull. What happens when you bull-rush it's like a wrestling match.

“What happens with Takk is he's always on the ground slamming his shoulders. He uses a bull rush and he tries to use a long arm. All that pressure goes on him. So what he has to do for him to survive, for him to thrive is he has to learn explosive moves with his hands like a side scissors swipe, like you so [Nick] Bosa do two days ago. Or he has to use a cross style move like Adrian Clayborn does or like or like Demarcus Lawrence or Robert Quinn, I can go down the list.

31 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

Interesting find...seems apropos to bring up Chuck Smith’s observations from a February interview...

Takk McKinley has to stop being a primary bull-rusher,” said Smith. “Takk McKinley has to develop finesse, explosive hand movement that will take away the pressure of him having to ... strike and bull. What happens when you bull-rush it's like a wrestling match.

“What happens with Takk is he's always on the ground slamming his shoulders. He uses a bull rush and he tries to use a long arm. All that pressure goes on him. So what he has to do for him to survive, for him to thrive is he has to learn explosive moves with his hands like a side scissors swipe, like you so [Nick] Bosa do two days ago. Or he has to use a cross style move like Adrian Clayborn does or like or like Demarcus Lawrence or Robert Quinn, I can go down the list.

Saw that too, makes sense to why Takk has had to have shoulder surgeries.  I'm sure having a better D Line will help.

2 hours ago, New Jersey Falcon said:

Still doesn't excuse missing sacks like the one in the video though.

3 hours ago, Osiruz said:

Unlike many of the weak quitter fans on here I am not ready to give up on Takk. I feel like DQ has misused him and took away the things he did well by having him lose weight and turning him into a speed rush/coverage OLB. As you notice from his rookie hightlights he was more effective as a DE. I also think Chuck Smith has a point in that Davidson, Dante, and and good secondary play will benefit Takk. His pressure rate is where you need it to be and among the best in the league. The problem is at times the ball is released before he has a chance to get there or he chased the QB right into the arms of Vic. The guy still averages 5.5 sacks and could potentially have a Shaquille Barrett like break out season. 

So if you don't believe in Tak, you are a "weak, quitter fan"? Funny.  I wonder how many times you've posted about getting rid of one of our players.  If you  have, does that make you a "weak, quitter fan"?

3 hours ago, New Jersey Falcon said:

I just watched this vid.  That’s nothing but a bold faced lie saying Vic wasn’t trying.  You are either just looking for a reason to hate on Beasley or you’re too immature to handle the truth.

WTF?