• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My early prospect list for 2021. Could be a really strong class.   Quarterbacks: Trevor Lawrence, Clemson Justin Fields, Ohio State Kyle Trask, Florida D’Eriq King

Quincy Roche for tha dub

On 4/30/2020 at 5:55 AM, Knight of God said:

Roll Tide. I’ll pass.

I’ll be interested to see what he can do if he is healthy for a full season.  He has Isaiah Simmons athleticism.  Should be similar to CJ Mosley as a pro or a sane version of Reuben Foster

Besides all that, his 8th grade film is hilarious.  Anytime a 7th grader is 205 lbs and runs a 4.45 40, I’m intrigued...lol

QB: D'Eriq King, Tanner Morgan, Micale Cunningham, Kyle Trask

RB: Pooka Williams, Jaret Patterson

WR: Justin Hall, Jeshaun Jones, Chatarius Atwell, Jayden Reed

IDL: Dom Peterson

Edge: DeAngelo Malone, Hamilcar Rashed Jr, Keion White

LB: Garrett Wallow

CB: Elijah Molden, Nate Hobbs

S: Stephan Blaylock, Tyler Coyle, Deontay Anderson, Kolby Harvell-Peel, Trevon Moehrig

• 3 weeks later...

Falcons will have a gaping hole at safety. 6 free agents at safety next year. I project the Falcons to have an entirely new front office which means from an outside perspective, that safety group is bad. Hawkins is a true SS in this scheme but shouldn't start year two. Plus, could be 3-5 safeties in that first round. Oregon's Jevon Holland would be huge for us. Fits the bill for what we want at safety, but that doesn't matter much if the front office is different.

Could be running back as well. Obviously Gurley is only on the hook for one year and this class has some really good backs up there. Etienne and Harris atop my list.

Initially, I thought for sure the pick was looking to be an edge guy, but this edge class is bad bad. It's really not good at all. I envision whoever is making the decision would be inclined to pick up a stop gap free agent and look into the 2022 class for an edge guy. Consensus DE1 is Greg Rousseau and then it fades, big time. Doesn't seem like the year to capitalize on edge.

Bold: Maybe a QB. Is it possible that the new front office follows the Packers blue print of quarterback development? Yes. In fact, I wouldn't truly be that surprised if the pick was a QB under Thomas Dimitroff's management. He LOVED Justin Herbert and says yearly that scouting QBs is big for him. Justin Fields makes an astronomical amount of sense for them if they do indeed decide to go QB.

To conclude, I see the pick being a safety. They'll only have Hawkins and Allen under contract at safety assuming that the 6 free agents do not return. Though, I will go to say that I think even if Keanu and Kazee return, there would be room to add that star talent. The NFL is a league built on versatile star power. With safety being an apparent strength in this class and the Falcons having a weak safety outlook for next season plus their proven value in safeties with picking Keanu a round early and Dimitroff's past tutelage in New England focusing on safeties (that's if he's GM), it makes a lot of sense for them to go safety in the first. My early, early prediction? 

Falcons select Syracuse S Andre Cisco at pick 17. 

8 hours ago, CMarinoNFL said:

Falcons will have a gaping hole at safety. 6 free agents at safety next year. I project the Falcons to have an entirely new front office which means from an outside perspective, that safety group is bad. Hawkins is a true SS in this scheme but shouldn't start year two. Plus, could be 3-5 safeties in that first round. Oregon's Jevon Holland would be huge for us. Fits the bill for what we want at safety, but that doesn't matter much if the front office is different.

Could be running back as well. Obviously Gurley is only on the hook for one year and this class has some really good backs up there. Etienne and Harris atop my list.

Initially, I thought for sure the pick was looking to be an edge guy, but this edge class is bad bad. It's really not good at all. I envision whoever is making the decision would be inclined to pick up a stop gap free agent and look into the 2022 class for an edge guy. Consensus DE1 is Greg Rousseau and then it fades, big time. Doesn't seem like the year to capitalize on edge.

Bold: Maybe a QB. Is it possible that the new front office follows the Packers blue print of quarterback development? Yes. In fact, I wouldn't truly be that surprised if the pick was a QB under Thomas Dimitroff's management. He LOVED Justin Herbert and says yearly that scouting QBs is big for him. Justin Fields makes an astronomical amount of sense for them if they do indeed decide to go QB.

To conclude, I see the pick being a safety. They'll only have Hawkins and Allen under contract at safety assuming that the 6 free agents do not return. Though, I will go to say that I think even if Keanu and Kazee return, there would be room to add that star talent. The NFL is a league built on versatile star power. With safety being an apparent strength in this class and the Falcons having a weak safety outlook for next season plus their proven value in safeties with picking Keanu a round early and Dimitroff's past tutelage in New England focusing on safeties (that's if he's GM), it makes a lot of sense for them to go safety in the first. My early, early prediction? 

Falcons select Syracuse S Andre Cisco at pick 17. 

Cisco or Holland. Both are beasts 

12 hours ago, ike barn87987 said:

Cisco or Holland. Both are beasts 

I think Holland is more talented, but I project Cisco to be more of a pro ready guy. Blank has always put an extra importance on being pro ready. Cisco has 12 picks in two seasons. That's the ball hawking nature this front office has drooled over. Can pop fools too. I think Cisco is their type of FS/SS flex guy. Can definitely see Cisco being really good. 

His film tells me that he gambles a lot and needs to play with his eyes over his head. If he polishes himself more, he'll be really good.  

On 5/20/2020 at 12:46 AM, CMarinoNFL said:

Why does Fields make so much sense? He is completely different than what they have had in Ryan for so long, and should be a top 5 pick. Not saying he is bad, but failing to see how you’re connecting the dots that he would be the guy. A top 5 pick, meaning big trade up equals playing him day one and jettisoning Ryan, very different than what GB has done. They grabbed a falling prospect at the end of the round both times.

8 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Why does Fields make so much sense? He is completely different than what they have had in Ryan for so long, and should be a top 5 pick. Not saying he is bad, but failing to see how you’re connecting the dots that he would be the guy. A top 5 pick, meaning big trade up equals playing him day one and jettisoning Ryan, very different than what GB has done. They grabbed a falling prospect at the end of the round both times.

No worries, allow me to explain.

In the scenario that we'd be looking for a future franchise QB, that would likely come during a rebuild from a new front office. What that tells me is that Blank will not be happy with the PR situation. A *new* stadium, new uniforms and a rebuilding roster are three things that do not get along well. That's:

Billions of dollars into external operations for a low income field performance. Not good.

With that being said, more goes into the selection of your quarterback than just field play. You need a huge PR win. If the fanbase doesn't like the QB, you're in even more trouble.

On Fields: Atlanta born and raised guy. Reasons go beyond that as to why the city would love him. Comes from a huge big 10 program, a pipeline that the Falcons have shown interest in. 6-3, 228. Not a bad gamble from a new front office POV. 

Obviously just speculation, and I will go to say this. If the current front office does indeed stay, I would agree that Fields doesn't make as much sense as a guy like Trevor Lawrence, but I envision Blank being concerned about the PR situation, which in turn, puts Fields very high on the team's board. He fits Atlanta. He wanted to return to UGA because he missed Atlanta.

11 hours ago, Vandy said:

Stingley will be the MOST POLISHED CB to come out since...  dare I say... Primetime?!?   Anyways, dude is a stud and wish he was at UGA.  Stay healthy and ball out so I can get this pinNed in a cpl years!   Lol

Great call!!!

20 hours ago, CMarinoNFL said:

No worries, allow me to explain.

In the scenario that we'd be looking for a future franchise QB, that would likely come during a rebuild from a new front office. What that tells me is that Blank will not be happy with the PR situation. A *new* stadium, new uniforms and a rebuilding roster are three things that do not get along well. That's:

Billions of dollars into external operations for a low income field performance. Not good.

With that being said, more goes into the selection of your quarterback than just field play. You need a huge PR win. If the fanbase doesn't like the QB, you're in even more trouble.

On Fields: Atlanta born and raised guy. Reasons go beyond that as to why the city would love him. Comes from a huge big 10 program, a pipeline that the Falcons have shown interest in. 6-3, 228. Not a bad gamble from a new front office POV. 

Obviously just speculation, and I will go to say this. If the current front office does indeed stay, I would agree that Fields doesn't make as much sense as a guy like Trevor Lawrence, but I envision Blank being concerned about the PR situation, which in turn, puts Fields very high on the team's board. He fits Atlanta. He wanted to return to UGA because he missed Atlanta.

If Fields would have stayed at uga I'd be more interested but he really hurt his development by going to osu.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This  mock makes sense, though I like  Hamilcar Jr too. UM will be a nightmare off the edge with Roche & Rousseau

12. Atlanta Falcons: Quincy Roche, EDGE, Miami

20-24.jpg?w=1000

(Photo by Mitchell Leff/Getty Images)

You can never have enough pass rush in today’s NFL, and the Atlanta Falcons could use another defender to come off the edge. Quincy Roche turned in a tremendous campaign last season for the Temple Owls, notching 13 sacks and finishing the year being named as the American Athletic Conference Defensive Player of the Year.  Roche totaled 68 quarterback pressures on 392 pass rushing snaps (an average of a pressure for every 5.7 pass rushing snaps). He had five games in which he totaled at least seven quarterback pressures.

He transferred to Miami over the winter as a graduate, and now gets to align up front with Gregory Rousseau on the opposite edge. That should give him some one-on-one chances, where he does some of his best work. Explosive, powerful and with an array of pass-rushing moves, he should put together another great season and truly boost his draft stock.

I like these players, but not for us (except Thomas...would love him)

© Tim Heitman-USA TODAY Sports

usatsi_13502479.jpg?w=1000&h=667

13. Atlanta Falcons

Travis Etienne | RB | Clemson

© AP Photo/Phelan M. Ebenhack

usatsi_13395061.jpg?w=1000&h=667

45. Atlanta Falcons
Xavier Thomas | EDGE | Clemson

© Joshua S. Kelly-USA TODAY Sports

© Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

usatsi_13667576.jpg?w=1000&h=667

77. Atlanta Falcons
Trey Hill | OL | Georgia

© Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

48 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

If @Knight of God says no safeties taxi on that position.

CB is always a position I’d be keen to load up on.

No way I’m touching a RB in the first round unless it’s at the end of the round.

Edge is always on the table.

KOG likely gets his wish next year.  It’s more than likely that Kazee, Neal & Rico are all gone next year.  Unfortunately the safeties in 2020 draft were much better than those coming out in 2021..or so it seems atm