Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Smiler11

2021 NFL Draft Prospects

I normally do this every year on the (now retired) Draft forum... The 2020 NFL draft is now in the books, love it or hate it, we move onwards and upwards.  Below is a list of some guys to keep an eye on for the 2021 draft. 

My initial thoughts...

• Trevor Lawrence is the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck.
  • WR and OT look exceptionally strong again in 2021.
  • How fun would it be to pair Alec Lindstrom next to his big brother.

QB

Trevor Lawrence, Clemson

Justin Fields, Ohio State

Trey Lance, North Dakota State

Jamie Newman, Georgia

Brock Purdy, Iowa State

Sam Ehlinger, Texas

RB

Najee Harris, Alabama

Travis Etienne, Clemson

Chuba Hubbard, Oklahoma State

Kylin Hill, Mississippi State

C.J. Verdell, Oregon

WR

Ja'Marr Chase, LSU

Jaylen Waddle, Alabama

Devonta Smith, Alabama

Justyn Ross, Clemson

Rashod Bateman, Minnesota

Terrace Marshall Jr., LSU

Chris Olave, Ohio State

Seth Williams, Auburn

Rondale Moore, Purdue

Tamorrion Terry, Florida State

Dyami Brown, North Carolina

TE

Pat Freiermuth, Penn State

Charlie Kolar, Iowa State

Kyle Pitts, Florida

Jalen Wydermyer, Texas A&M

Brevin Jordan, Miami

OT

Penei Sewell, Oregon

Walker Little, Stanford

Samuel Cosmi, Texas

Alex Leatherwood, Alabama

Jalen Mayfield, Michigan

Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame

IOL

Trey Smith, Tennessee

Cade Mays, Tennessee

Creed Humphrey, Oklahoma

Deonte Brown, Alabama

Trey Hill, Georgia

Alec Lindstrom, Boston College

Landon Dickerson, Alabama

IDL

Marvin Wilson, Florida State

Tyler Shelvin, LSU

LaBryan Ray, Alabama

Jaylen Twyman, Pittsburgh

Jay Tufele, USC

Edge

Gregory Rousseau, Miami

Xavier Thomas, Clemson

Quincy Roche, Miami

Joe Tryon, Washington

Carlos Basham, Wake Forrest

Patrick Johnson, Tulane 

LB

Dylan Moses, Alabama

Micah Parsons, Penn State

Jabril Cox, LSU

Chazz Surratt, North Carolina

CB

Shaun Wade, Ohio State

Patrick Surtain II, Alabama

Paulson Adebo, Stanford

Josh Jobe, Alabama

Tyson Campbell, Georgia

Israel Mukuamu, South Carolina

Ambry Thomas, Michigan

Mike Hampton, South Florida

S

JaCoby Stevens, LSU

Hamsah Nasirildeen, Florida State

Richard LeCounte, Georgia

Andre Cisco, Syracuse

James Wiggins, Cincinnati 

Richie Grant, UCF

I’m gonna go full homer for the first time since Tamba Hali and say Micah Parsons is an absolute stud, may be the best defensive player in the nation this coming season. He will be a top 10, maybe top 5 pick.

Also, would love to land Chubba Hubbard if Gurley isn’t a long term solution.

7 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I’m gonna go full homer for the first time since Tamba Hali and say Micah Parsons is an absolute stud, may be the best defensive player in the nation this coming season. He will be a top 10, maybe top 5 pick.

Dylan Moses bout to lead bama to a championship 

15 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Quincy Roche for tha dub

Quincy Roche and Patrick Johnson are 2 players very much in the K'Lavon Chaisson mold. Both will be fun to watch this year.

22 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I don't know what to make of Parsons. Clearly supremely talented and dominant at the college level but very much a throw-back style of linebacker. Is he an off-ball linebacker or hybrid edge guy? I think I prefer him as the latter, where he could have Khalil Mack type upside.

Going to be a total homer here but seeing his progression the last 2 years has been amazing, add QB Ian Book to this list. If the Irish do well against this schedule its going to be because of him. Look for him to rocket up the big boards this season. Just a hunch

6 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Sewell might be the best prospect since Peyton Manning.  Lawrence/Fields will get the headlines but Sewell is the best player in the draft IMO

The tackle class looks very good once again, led by Sewell. He looks as solid as any tackle prospect to come along for a long time. 

The highest graded tackle I've scouted in the last decade was Eric Fisher and whilst he's a solid starter and even has 1 Pro bowl to his name, he hasn't lived up to that as yet. That 2013 draft is the benchmark for tackle classes and interestingly the best guys from that class came in the 3rd and 4th round (Armstead and Bakhtiari). 

When all is said and done this class could rival that one (2013) and Sewell could be best tackle prospect we've seen since Joe Thomas and Jake Long.

Carlos Basham Jr is who I have my eye on.  He could’ve came out this year and probably would’ve went in the top 100, but decided to go back to school.  His tape is money.  Has a lot in his pass rush repertoire. 

2 hours ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

A great wall of Lindstrom would be nice

Assuming Carpenter, Brown and Mack are all gone in 2021, Alec might make a lot of sense as another guy who could play all 3 interior positions.

3 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Greg Rousseau isn’t from this planet. He reminds me of Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy because his wing span is stupid long. He does what is predicted he should be a top 5 draft pick

Yeah, Rousseau was sack for sack with Chase Young most of the year as a RS Freshman.  And unlike Young, he didn’t have NFL corners, elite safeties and All American DT’s supporting him all year

If I recall, he was like 210 lbs WR prospect when he arrived at Miami.  Or am I remembering wrong?

9 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Yeah, Rousseau was sack for sack with Chase Young most of the year as a RS Freshman.  And unlike Young, he didn’t have NFL corners, elite safeties and All American DT’s supporting him all year

If I recall, he was like 210 lbs WR prospect when he arrived at Miami.  Or am I remembering wrong?

He was always a DE at Miami but he played WR,Safety, DE in high school. The weight is about right off the top of my head. He will have some help this season with Roche and Jaelen Phillips. So I’m hoping he balls out

2 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

He was always a DE at Miami but he played WR,Safety, DE in high school. The weight is about right off the top of my head. He will have some help this season with Roche and Jaelen Phillips. So I’m hoping he balls out

Oh...I could have sworn he enrolled as a Safety/WR prospect.  He was really young when he got on campus.....barely turned 17 I think so his adding 50 lbs was no surprise

6 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

I'd say it's much more likely that Gurley will not be a Falcon in 2021. If he even plays at just an above average level, we won't be able to afford him. If he doesn't perform well, then why resign him at all?

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

Oh...I could have sworn he enrolled as a Safety/WR prospect.  He was really young when he got on campus.....barely turned 17 I think so his adding 50 lbs was no surprise

Yeah he was real young. He was always going to to be a DE at Miami. There was talk he could play TE but they wanted him as a DE