Undrafted Free Agent Predictions

Two Part Question:

1- In past 10 years which UDFAs surprised you. Who did you think was draftable , that we were lucky to sign without using a pick, and never did a dang thing. And....who did you not give a 2nd thought to but actually made solid contributions.

2- Who do you predict will not only make the Roster but actually prove useful from this new crop.

Non Falcons:

• JC Jackson because he went to MD and I Saw plenty of him. Thought he should have been drafted and has turned out to be a pretty good CB for the Patriots.
  • Just like everyone I wanted La'el Collins but everyone knew when he went undrafted Cowboys were getting him.

For us, Off the top of my head can't think of an Atlanta UDFA I was really big on. It's rare I get excited about any.  Jermaine Grace would probably be the closest I got. I thought he could be something and even made the final 53 but then got cut but midseason. Then came back like a year or two later. Preseason from last year he seemed to really start gaining some steam only to see us then cut him again. Still think the kid can play.

Did not give a single **** about Brian Poole and he obviously was a big part of our 2016 run and has since landed some nice deals with the Jets last few years. Made a nice career for himself. Will never forget the Russell Wilson hit or the Aaron Rodgers hit.

6 hours ago, vitaman said:

Two Part Question:

1- In past 10 years which UDFAs surprised you. Who did you think was draftable , that we were lucky to sign without using a pick, and never did a dang thing. And....who did you not give a 2nd thought to but actually made solid contributions.

2- Who do you predict will not only make the Roster but actually prove useful from this new crop.

Who surprised me?  Paul Worrilow.  I expected camp body but he manged to pull together a decent career despite athletic limitations.

Who didn't I give a 2nd thought to?  Matt Gono.  Watching him develop the last few years has been great. 

Who was I sure was going to be a good player and wasn't?  Andreas Knappe.  I thought for sure he would develop into our new Harvey Dahl.  

I feel like you're missing a question:

What undrafted free agent(s) were you sure about and were right?   Brent Grimes and Brian Poole.   Grimes was dominant in college with his insane speed and athleticism, which is something you can't teach, and watching Poole's tape made it obvious how good of a football player he was despite athletic limitations.

Who do you predict will make the roster and prove useful in this new crop?   Pinkney this year.  I think he could easily replace Stocker's snaps from last year while providing a lot more upside.   Also Rowland as an explosive return guy.

Longer term?  Hinwa Allieu.  He is very raw, but watch his tape.  Add some technique through coaching and I think he could be a very good piece to the D-line.

Worrilow and Bartu surprised me in that both stuck in the same year, although our linebacker core was horrible that year. Michael Palmer (TE) was a guy I was high on and with more opportunities, I think he could have carved out a nice career. Ryan Schraeder was another guy I was high on. On the flip side, I didn't think much of Brent Grimes and he went on to have a great career.

Out of this crop, I like Evin Ksiezarczyk, Chris Rowland & Ray Wilborn the best and think all three have a shot at sticking on the 53 (or 55).

On 4/28/2020 at 6:43 AM, vitaman said:

Two Part Question:

Smith, had been dropped by 3 teams but showed some wheels once in Atlanta.

It was already mentioned but I wanted Collins bad, what a steal. Considering how short the average career is in the nfl I don’t like blank’s filter. Just get all the talent you can at the greatest value, if you have to cut the guy because he goes all Burfict then no big loss on investment. Shoot the cowboys didn’t even have a starting spot up for competition and he still signed.