29 minutes ago, Fernando C. said:

For me the problem of both FS are they lack RANGE.. yeah Kazee has Ints.. but look at them its not him making a play jumping a route.. and he is always kind of late to help our Dbs.. but hey they want to roll with them I am cool.. I just hate that they dont even want to try and upgrade they are just comfortable with them... you put a FS with range back there and our whole defense changes into a top 10 unit..

Have you seen Hawkins? I see a SS but I could be wrong. I’m not a fan from what I’ve looked at

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Come on Ricardo Allen has a cap hit of $7 million. You don't spend any kind of money on veterans to compete with players counting $7 million toward the cap. There's only so much money to spend. 

This team needs a top notch Safety...if there is anyway to get Adams...they need to make it happen...I'm tired of ok players at key positions     

If they are serious about upgrading safety, give me Jamal Adams. I am done with signing the scrubs. 

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

I know. I’m to the point I don’t even care anymore, I’m just not going to watch. I’ll check the score and catch the annotated version like last year. I hate the offense and not cool with the defensive set up. 

You know it's not changing until we get a new staff. Bet you dollars to Donuts, if DQ is still running this team in 2 years, Kazee is getting re-signed.

As bad as I want new safeties, I dont think its happening for a while.

2 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

Rico I know is a great teammate and is meh. I really don't get all the Kazee hate that I see. Yes, he's not a top 5 NFL safety, but 10 ints in last 2 years isn't garbage either. Do you really think that we would really utilize Adams, the best blitzing S in football, to his potential with the scheme that we run?

Yepp, ascending player, who could be the statyee going forward. Rico is also one heck of an FS. He is not a star but he is a good player. 

35 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Yea, it astonishes me that DQ saw 1st hand how critical Chancellor and Thomas were to that Seattle defense, yet here he's fine making do w/ Rico, Kazee and Neal.

Personally I don’t get it. What I really don’t get is how anyone can miss how important a FS with some real range can be

39 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Personally I don’t get it. What I really don’t get is how anyone can miss how important a FS with some real range can be

This is my thing.  I actually think you can get by with a decent SS, rotating every few years...especially if it's a box safety.

But FS...that guy needs to be a fast rangy playmaker.  Crazy that hasn't been prioritized.

4 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

This team needs a top notch Safety...if there is anyway to get Adams...they need to make it happen...I'm tired of ok players at key positions 

Yep not understanding it either!  Rico is a converted CB playing FS yes he’s a smart player but he lacks range and speed.  Kazee is also converted CB and he’s a ballhawk and will hit however he’s undisciplined at times in coverage.  The defense that Quinn wants to feature is supposed to feature an eraser at FS, right?

12 hours ago, Fernando C. said:

Ok .. so Carpenter and Brown count a lot towards the cap and they still drafted a 1 round OG and a 3rd round OC to play OG this year... ok so just lets just have  Rico and Kazee at Fs and don't upgrade them or even think about bringing them competition..

That’s kind of my point. If you’re going to replace a well compensated underperforming veteran, you either cut him at the beginning of the league year and move on like with Alford, Freeman, and Truffant or you draft his replacement early and let him know he’s on the way out. Neither of those happened with Allen. Bringing in “competition” a week after the draft is very half assed. 

On 4/28/2020 at 6:23 AM, Summerhill said:

That’s kind of my point. If you’re going to replace a well compensated underperforming veteran, you either cut him at the beginning of the league year and move on like with Alford, Freeman, and Truffant or you draft his replacement early and let him know he’s on the way out. Neither of those happened with Allen. Bringing in “competition” a week after the draft is very half assed. 

After the draft good players get cut.. like Gipson.. you can still upgrade the position with him.. lets do it.. like we did Asante years ago...

On 4/28/2020 at 11:02 AM, Snafu said:

Yea, it astonishes me that DQ saw 1st hand how critical Chancellor and Thomas were to that Seattle defense, yet here he's fine making do w/ Rico, Kazee and Neal.

Lol - I think it’s pretty clear that Neal is a chancellor clone. I’d argue he is also a very good version when healthy. We can’t have pro bowlers at every position and we can’t replave every deficiency of defence in one draft. I can guarantee you FS is a top 2 pick next year. We just had bigger needs this year. Btw who is to say we wouldn’t have selected Delpit or winfield if they had fallen to our second pick.

44 minutes ago, primetime said:

Lol - I think it’s pretty clear that Neal is a chancellor clone. I’d argue he is also a very good version when healthy. We can’t have pro bowlers at every position and we can’t replave every deficiency of defence in one draft. I can guarantee you FS is a top 2 pick next year. We just had bigger needs this year. Btw who is to say we wouldn’t have selected Delpit or winfield if they had fallen to our second pick.

No, you just need them in key positions. If not, at least give enough of a dam to try. 

27 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

No, you just need them in key positions. If not, at least give enough of a dam to try. 

I hear ya - i just think they got the greater needs first. Fowler for Beasely, hurst for Hoop, Gurley for Free, AJ for Tru etc. honestly I think Davison fell and they grabbed bpa. We have a servicable safety group this season. Next year bud

1 hour ago, primetime said:

Lol - I think it’s pretty clear that Neal is a chancellor clone. I’d argue he is also a very good version when healthy. We can’t have pro bowlers at every position and we can’t replave every deficiency of defence in one draft. I can guarantee you FS is a top 2 pick next year. We just had bigger needs this year. Btw who is to say we wouldn’t have selected Delpit or winfield if they had fallen to our second pick.

He was.