• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Come on Ricardo Allen has a cap hit of $7 million. You don't spend any kind of money on veterans to compete with players counting $7 million toward the cap. There's only so much money to spend. 

This team needs a top notch Safety...if there is anyway to get Adams...they need to make it happen...I'm tired of ok players at key positions     

If they are serious about upgrading safety, give me Jamal Adams. I am done with signing the scrubs. 

• NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png
    TASHAUN GIPSONDB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
    8095.jpg

Texans released S Tashaun Gipson.

Gipson's Texans tenure is over after 14 games. The move creates $3.2 million in cap space and leaves behind $4.25 million in dead money. The Texans did not address safety in their small draft class, but soon-to-be 30-year-old Gipson did not have a strong 2019 before landing on injured reserve with a back injury. His experience and ball-hawking skills will undoubtedly earn him another chance, however. 

RELATED: 
    Apr 27, 2020, 3:31 PM ET

•  
26 minutes ago, Fernando C. said:

What I don't like is they don't try to upgrade the position and are really happy with Rico and Kazee.. every single position has competition but not FS.. that is just crazy for me... bring him in and let them compete and see who is the better option.. I am sure Gipson would be...

Come on Ricardo Allen has a cap hit of $7 million. You don't spend any kind of money on veterans to compete with players counting $7 million toward the cap. There's only so much money to spend. 

9 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

Gipson would be close.to minimum at this point and could potentially be great depth. Dude is only gonna get one year deals at this point and nobody going to throw a bunch of money at him

23 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Gipson would be close.to minimum at this point and could potentially be great depth. Dude is only gonna get one year deals at this point and nobody going to throw a bunch of money at him

Now if you wanted to bump Gipson down to SS and keep him for insurance against Keanu Neal, that's a different story. 

7 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

Now if you wanted to bump Gipson down to SS and keep him for insurance against Keanu Neal, that's a different story. 

A

7 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

At minimum. If Neal holds up, Gipson is a prime candidate to outplay Allen and or Kazee. I dont care if Allen is making 7mil or not. I dont see it as a good enough reason not to upgrade. 

Edited by bigjmw84
3 minutes ago, bigjmw84 said:

A

At minimum. If Neal holds up, Gipson is a prime candidate to outplay Allen and or Kazee. I dont care if Allen is making 7mil or not. I dont see it as a good enough reason not to upgrade. 

I say let’s just go with what we have and see if people finally see. I’ve been seeing an issue for a long time now and can’t unsee it.

18 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I say let’s just go with what we have and see if people finally see. I’ve been seeing an issue for a long time now and can’t unsee it.

the problem is the FO and Coaching staff have mad love for Rico and Kazee... they don't se a mayor problem in our D.. this su*****

1 hour ago, Summerhill said:

You don't keep a guy just because of how much he's making. If Seattle did that Flynn would have started over Russell. 

1 hour ago, Summerhill said:

Ok .. so Carpenter and Brown count a lot towards the cap and they still drafted a 1 round OG and a 3rd round OC to play OG this year... ok so just lets just have  Rico and Kazee at Fs and don't upgrade them or even think about bringing them competition..

6 minutes ago, Fernando C. said:

the problem is the FO and Coaching staff have mad love for Rico and Kazee... they don't se a mayor problem in our D.. this su*****

I know. I’m to the point I don’t even care anymore, I’m just not going to watch. I’ll check the score and catch the annotated version like last year. I hate the offense and not cool with the defensive set up. 

11 minutes ago, Fernando C. said:

Rico I know is a great teammate and is meh. I really don't get all the Kazee hate that I see. Yes, he's not a top 5 NFL safety, but 10 ints in last 2 years isn't garbage either. Do you really think that we would really utilize Adams, the best blitzing S in football, to his potential with the scheme that we run?

1 hour ago, Mister pudding said:

Rico I know is a great teammate and is meh. I really don't get all the Kazee hate that I see. Yes, he's not a top 5 NFL safety, but 10 ints in last 2 years isn't garbage either. Do you really think that we would really utilize Adams, the best blitzing S in football, to his potential with the scheme that we run?

For me the problem of both FS are they lack RANGE.. yeah Kazee has Ints.. but look at them its not him making a play jumping a route.. and he is always kind of late to help our Dbs.. but hey they want to roll with them I am cool.. I just hate that they dont even want to try and upgrade they are just comfortable with them... you put a FS with range back there and our whole defense changes into a top 10 unit..