Marlon Davidson is the real deal

I went back to rewatch Voch Lombardi takes (Voch is amazing when it comes to OL/DL) and I remember this kid flashing but I was more interested in Kinlaw at the time. Then I rewatched again today, as well as his game vs LSU. Lets get something straight, he seemed to be Auburn's most disruptive DL vs LSU with several pressures, hits, and a run stop on Burrow. His only problem was sometimes he crashed inside on run downs as opposed to maintaining the edge which allowed the runner to shake loose. Below is the first day of senior bowl practice and fast forward to 13:50 where he owns Texas Tech Terence Steele's soul. The great thing about him is that he is not a Trex like Vbeasley, he has a thick lower body, he already knows how to use his hands and quickness very well, and he knows how to rush from inside and outside. I think we got something with this guy and I expect him to be a better version of Clayborn if he loses a few lbs. 

25 minutes ago, Jerry Maguire said:

Someone told me that he reminds them of Rod Coleman. I will take a 300 lb. Rod Coleman any day. Love that dude.

I believe he is going to play at 288lbs similar to Bennett/Cam Jordan/Rod Coleman. He has that thuglife mentality too...check out his SB interview. I think we have the makings of a Dline fellas. 

57 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Be nice if the Falcons finally got the DLine right. If Cominsky, Davison, Grady and Fowler work out, granted that's still IF, but IF they do, that's a DLine core in place for years.

Good thing about him is he already has good passrush moves. Not a whole lot to teach him. 

2 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Hes got swagger and he wants to be the best. I love that hes a dawg. Maybe he'd give Takk extra motivation.

I'm a GT man myself, but I do have a bias toward drafting SEC DL. I think the competition is so tight that those guys start at a slightly higher Day 1 readiness. I hope that is true in this case as well.

3 hours ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

This is our new Michael Bennet type player. DQ will line him up just like he did Bennet, I believe. I followed Davidson all through his career at Auburn and he is a relentless monster. I couldn’t be more excited to have him on the team. 

After searching out 3 ways from Sunday, I can't believe he didn't go 1st round. Great pick.

I am looking forward to see this young man play! But I will refrain from saying too much, because many years ago when the Falcons drafted Peria Jerry I ran my mouth saying how he had a motor that just wouldn't stop and he would be a game changer! I was wrong, I don't want to jinx any player ever again by saying much of anything as to their potential. So perhaps, for safety sake I might be the one they call "The Bad Luck Guy" when it comes to such things. So I will remain silent on such discussions moving forward. 

Go FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Geneaut said:

I'm a GT man myself, but I do have a bias toward drafting SEC DL. I think the competition is so tight that those guys start at a slightly higher Day 1 readiness. I hope that is true in this case as well.

Best DLman has come out of the Big10 last 3 years tho...I would be fine if most of our players regardless came out of those two conferences...definitely a different level of competition than the rest. (Generally speaking)

21 minutes ago, WinningIsTheOnlyOption said:

I am looking forward to see this young man play! But I will refrain from saying too much, because many years ago when the Falcons drafted Peria Jerry I ran my mouth saying how he had a motor that just wouldn't stop and he would be a game changer! I was wrong, I don't want to jinx any player ever again by saying much of anything as to their potential. So perhaps, for safety sake I might be the one they call "The Bad Luck Guy" when it comes to such things. So I will remain silent on such discussions moving forward. 

Go FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You weren’t wrong on the player, just never know when a crazy injury can happen. Jerry had real game.