Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DogIsYourName

At the risk of being banned...

14 minutes ago, stizz said:

As everyone panicked about what to do, the NFL cancelled Vegas and continued with their draft as if it was nothing and went on to raise 100M in COVID19 relief. In a draft.

A season will absolutely happen. It isn't as black and white as game or no game. Every fan will probably be tested at the security gate and a face covering may be required. But a season will 100 percent happen.

I see the media recklessly, if not dangerously, playing hardball politics with this, as well as our agencies being pressured to keep the public panicked. I’ve never seen it this bad. We did need to shutdown due to the healthcare surge, but we have treatments that are working at a high efficacy rate the media misleads people on. It’s all about keeping everyone scared.

The promising treatements will eventually have to be reported on which will be a game changer. A poll of over 6000 medical doctors from 38 countries all concluded the thing that is working better than anything else in the primary care setting is hydroxychloroquine at same dose people take for Lupus every day. I take this drug every time I travel to Africa and it says on CDC website safe for nursing women and children. Then I turn in news and it claims it’s dangerous. Well, Tylenol can cause liver damage to some people, all drugs have warnings.  This doesn’t work once onset of acute respiratory symptoms take place, so doing a study giving it to people already hospitalized and dying is obviously going to result in a “it doesn’t work” result. I could have told you the VA study using dying patients would show it doesn’t work.

in the clinic, when you get a fever or tightness of breath, prior to cytokine storm creating the need for respirator, the drug is working at a 90% efficacy according to several clinical studies, one in France of over 1000 patients by a world renowned epidemiologist, another by a primary care physician in NYC who is about to publish the incredible results, and countries like Bahrain who have been using it for months with outstanding results country wide.

rhe media inly references trial me of this that were used on hospitalized patients where it doesn’t work. Disgraceful what media is doing 

1 hour ago, Beef said:

Well, considering most of this country probably already has herd immunity and antibodies, since what we had in March was likely already the second wave of this virus, I think we'll figure out that re-opening things in phases, and just being smart about doing it slower in bigger cities like NYC, is going to workout fine.

Here is the flu tracker for NY State from October through first couple weeks of March.  NYS Heath Dept. official Flu Tracker

SNrySRS.jpg

The 2017-18 flu season was credited as the worst flu season in 50 years, but supposedly 2019-20 just blew it away by a +34% margin, making this flu season the worst since the 1918 Spanish Flu epidemic.

Think about that and look at those numbers.

Weeks 40-46, there were nearly double the normal flu cases.  Weeks 47-2 there were nearly triple the normal amount of flu cases.  Weeks 3-6 it's back to double with a slow curtailing off.

And then suddenly, almost the instant that CV-19 test kits get rolled out at the beginning of March, the number of flu cases plummets to around 5% of their normal weekly amount... in supposedly the worst flu season since 1918.

Conclusion?

CV-19 was here already as far back as October 2019, and people were going to the hospital with both the flu AND CV-19.  But they weren't getting tested for CV-19 because it wasn't a thing back then.

The CDC estimates that 60+ million people a year get the flu, but the VAST majority of them are asymptomatic and don't get sick.  Most of us could go to the hospital right now and very likely test positive for one or more flu strains currently in our body.  But we have antibodies to them so they don't make us sick.

But, droves of people, WAY above the norm, were going to the hospital between November and February and testing positive for the flu.  More so than any time in the last 100 years.

Again, think about that.

In the year where we end up with a new virus pandemic, we also have the worst flu season in 100 years?  And then almost the instant we begin testing for that new virus, the worst flu season in 100 years nearly vanishes?

How is that reasonable?

Is this not a huge indicator that people who would normally have been asymptomatic with the flu were going to the hospital with symptomatic CV-19, but being diagnosed with the flu because they weren't aware of or testing for CV-19?

So, IF this is actually true, and CV-19 already hit this country hard, and when we thought we were having a bad flu season we were really just having both a mild flu season and the introduction of CV-19 at the same time, then this would mean what happened in March was already the "second wave" of CV-19, and it's quite possible much of the country already has herd immunity and antibodies.

And if that turns out to be true, then this means re-opening things back up, especially in slow and coordinated phases, might result in a much smaller "spike" than is expected.

And if that's the case, then it's very likely we would have a football season.

I'm hoping this is the case.

Unless we are offering conspiracy theories, novel coronavirus has traced the genesis of the strand to December, 2019.

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Unless we are offering conspiracy theories, novel coronavirus has traced the genesis of the strand to December, 2019.

Yes, to some lab in Wuhan, China.  Patient zero in December, 2019.  We all know that's the "official" report from "honest government officials and the so honest WHO".

But again, I just supplied real data that suggests New York had the worst flu season in 100 years, and that flu season seemingly came to a screeching halt the instant COVID test kits rolled out.

I mean if you want to ignore the very strange data and just trust bureaucrats, I guess that's your prerogative.

7 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Y'all really need to quit offering non-substantiated theories on Covid19. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/politics/intel-agencies-covid-november/index.html

hmmm, US Spy agencies track CV as spreading in China in a November.

Direct flights from Wuhan to LA and San Francisco. 15,000 Chinese nationals coming into our country each day until flights stopped on January 31 

2 hours ago, athell said:

I kinda have always thought we were way ahead of the projections tbh.  I won't go all conspiracy theory on you all, because that's not it, but they are starting to do more and more testing and most recently found a lady died on Feb 6 of corona.  It takes 3-4 weeks to die from it typically, so it's at least been here since January.  I hope they start testing more because I believe it's been here since last year which would make since considering the first reported case was Nov. 17 of 2019.  Which means he was symptomatic enough to go get tested, which could put his infection date much sooner (back to Nov. 3rd potentially).  The way this thing doubles per day, and how contagious it is proven to be, we may already be on the second wave is my point.  Doesn't make sense to me that a virus of this contagion level would lay dormant for months twice.  Nov (Wuhan) to Jan (US) and again from first reported infection (Jan) to pandemic (March).  This doesn't even get into the antibody test results...

I'm not a doctor, not a nurse, I AM a medic and have been trained in infectious disease.  Just my thoughts.  Not trying to diminish this virus or how bad it is, just thinking stuff through.

The hospital I work for is giving us info that things seem to be leveling off a bit. I just hope people don't jump the gun on thinking they're in the clear to just do whatever and cause things to start getting worse again. And to your point, I am certain the # of infections is understated because there are undoubtedly people that have fought it off on their own without hospitalization, so you won't see those factored in to anything.

13 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I see the media recklessly, if not dangerously, playing hardball politics with this, as well as our agencies being pressured to keep the public panicked. I’ve never seen it this bad. We did need to shutdown due to the healthcare surge, but we have treatments that are working at a high efficacy rate the media misleads people on. It’s all about keeping everyone scared.

The promising treatements will eventually have to be reported on which will be a game changer. A poll of over 6000 medical doctors from 38 countries all concluded the thing that is working better than anything else in the primary care setting is hydroxychloroquine at same dose people take for Lupus every day. I take this drug every time I travel to Africa and it says on CDC website safe for nursing women and children. Then I turn in news and it claims it’s dangerous. Well, Tylenol can cause liver damage to some people, all drugs have warnings.  This doesn’t work once onset of acute respiratory symptoms take place, so doing a study giving it to people already hospitalized and dying is obviously going to result in a “it doesn’t work” result. I could have told you the VA study using dying patients would show it doesn’t work.

in the clinic, when you get a fever or tightness of breath, prior to cytokine storm creating the need for respirator, the drug is working at a 90% efficacy according to several clinical studies, one in France of over 1000 patients by a world renowned epidemiologist, another by a primary care physician in NYC who is about to publish the incredible results, and countries like Bahrain who have been using it for months with outstanding results country wide.

rhe media inly references trial me of this that were used on hospitalized patients where it doesn’t work. Disgraceful what media is doing 

Even a virus now gets mercilessly sucked into the realm of...well let's just call it the 'P word'. They've been beating any subject they can to death forever, but in terms of ethics, it would be nice if there was a line drawn at getting ratings and clicks through health issues.

I was just having this conversation with some friends... We believe that the stadiums have the power to release tickets based on seating arrangements and gate entrances. Closing off certain amenities in some stadiums will be vital to everyone's safety, but it could be done. Yes the stadium population decreases tremendously as well, but it's a better option against an empty stadium. Empty stadium games to the players, well I can tell you from experience, are a wash. And I can see masks being a requirement in every public venue for the next 12 to 24 months. 

6 minutes ago, gazoo said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/politics/intel-agencies-covid-november/index.html

hmmm, US Spy agencies track CV as spreading in China in a November.

Direct flights from Wuhan to LA and San Francisco. 15,000 Chinese nationals coming into our country each day until flights stopped on January 31 

That's not what I'm talking about.

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Soooooo we're done guessing if football will happen this season, correct?

Lol, the thread hasn't taken a wrong turn actually. But it's probably only a matter of time before some fool comes in and officially ruins it....I'm just waiting. 

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Lol, the thread hasn't taken a wrong turn actually. But it's probably only a matter of time before some fool comes in and officially ruins it....I'm just waiting. 

Lol oh it's coming. 

5 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Y'all really need to quit offering non-substantiated theories on Covid19. 

I've merely supplied real substantiated factual data, and then gave analysis and deductive conclusions based on that data.

It shouldn't bother anyone that it contradicts the "official" narratives on Covid19.  In fact, I'd become suspect of people's motivations for choosing to ignore this data and turn defensive of the bureaucratic narrative.

I mean, if it turns out that this illness was here much earlier than thought, then that means there is almost assuredly widespread herd immunity already in place, and therefore much greater likelihood of us having a sports/football season.

Which should be the hope of everyone here.

Ignoring relevant data and arguing against that seems odd.

The conversation in the country will soon turn to the fact that the virus is nowhere near as dangerous to people who are not in the high risk category as it was made out to be.

we know the high risk categories. The flu as far deadlier to kids and young adults than the CV. Most have no symptoms or light symptoms. There is no reason to keep low risk people in mock down, let the thing run its course, while protecting high risk groups

4 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Indeed. I’m being very careful about how I present my argument and will not engage anyone who runs off the rails on something I say

i have a lot of hope and faith we will be back to normal sooner than later. More importantly that we will have football season this year!

3 minutes ago, Beef said:

I've merely supplied real substantiated factual data, and then gave analysis and deductive conclusions based on that data.

It shouldn't bother anyone that it contradicts the "official" narratives on Covid19.  In fact, I'd become suspect of people's motivations for choosing to ignore this data and turn defensive of the bureaucratic narrative.

I mean, if it turns out that this illness was here much earlier than thought, then that means there is almost assuredly widespread herd immunity already in place, and therefore much greater likelihood of us having a sports/football season.

Which should be the hope of everyone here.

Ignoring relevant data and arguing against that seems odd.

You've taken data from one place and tried to paint a picture for the entire country from it. There's nothing 'odd' about questioning that.

This isn't NYC.

It's all about Risk Management.  

The risk factor for healthy 20-30 year olds is very very small.  

I can see games played in empty stadiums (no fans), but I think the NFL will do something like have players sign some type of waiver and/or guarantee medical treatment if needed should they catch the rona, but I do think the games will be played on schedule.  

If nothing else, America needs it.  

Just now, gazoo said:

Indeed. I’m being very careful about how I present my argument and will not engage anyone who runs off the rails on something I say

Yep.  I'm just trying to give people hope that there will be a football season, and supporting why I think that with real data.

I don't understand why anyone would shoot that down without even looking at that data and making their own conclusions.

Do they really not want a football season?

Posted (edited)

Over the past week I’ve been leaning more towards the side of this has been here since at least November of last year. There have been countless direct flights from Wuhan and some of the hardest hit places in Europe to this country when this started spreading overseas and we just started tracking our infections in March. I too work with some folks that are very confident that they had this in November/December. No way in **** this just got here. 

Media has also been very irresponsible during this whole thing. It’s scary that what I’m hearing from doctors that are reading the literature from medical journals about this disease and what the media is reporting are on far different ends of the spectrum. A lot of doctors and scientists have been more cautiously optimistic about all this and the media makes it sound like the sky is falling, only reporting on the absolute worst of this disease. If that isn’t sensationalism at its finest, I don’t know what is. 

I’m still going to be wearing a mask when going out for groceries or something like that and using sanitizer, but I think there is going to be some information coming out on this virus sooner rather than later showing this wasn’t as bad as we were initially led to believe. But we won’t know the extent of anything until testing (specifically antibody testing) is ramped up. 

That being said, I think there will be football played this season

Edited by A Dog Named Brian

6 minutes ago, gazoo said:

i have a lot of hope and faith we will be back to normal sooner than later

I was just getting ready to run off the rails on what you said, and you had to go and call me out before I did it.  Do you see how you ruined the moment?

Seriously, the advertisers and the revenue they provide will provide a NFL season in some form.  I have no idea what is going to happen in the stadiums.

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

So is the antibody test better than getting a swab to the back of your pupil?

That is the test.  Just hope the swab does not get stuck in there.

Just now, NaGaBoy said:

That is the test.  Just hope the swab does not get stuck in there.

What about the finger prick that Ethel mentioned to me? I'm not gonna pretend I know what I'm talking about here lol. 

2 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

You've taken data from one place and tried to paint a picture for the entire country from it. There's nothing 'odd' about questioning that.

This isn't NYC.

It's the entire state of New York, which has nearly 19.5 million people in it, is the 4th most populated state in the country, and was the hardest hit state in the country by CV-19.

And you somehow don't think it's relevant?

Well that's pretty obtuse and silly.

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

What about the finger prick that Ethel mentioned to me? I'm not gonna pretend I know what I'm talking about here lol. 

finger prick?  Is that a bloody test on the finger or on the .......wait, I am not getting banned just yet.  Time to back away.