Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DogIsYourName

At the risk of being banned...

My personal opinion is that we will come to the realization that a quarantine of the sick and high risk is an overall better approach than locking everyone away for a year or more until a vaccine can be tested, approved and mass produced.

I believe far more people have already had it than we realize.

I understand why we shut things down like we did but I think it's time to re-evaluate our approach.  So all of this to say, I believe football happens.

27 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

If it happens, but w no fans will the Falcons still be penalized for pumping crowd noise?

Where's Roddy White when you need him? 

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

I'm a nurse so don't even get me started on anti-vaxxers lol. I don't even care about the politics behind vaccines because I think it's irrelevant. There are definitely groups of people out there that physically cannot have vaccines though, and I think most everyone can agree on that part though. 

Yep, I can’t get a flu vaccine due to being a Guillain-Barre syndrome survivor. Not sure if it will limit being able to get a COVID vaccine eventually or not, but doubt most Doctors will know and will just recommend getting it...

I think the only way would be to have no fans and get each player tested every week prior to games. I'm sure the NFL could pull the strings on the testing. More TV watching and commercials will have to cut some of the revenue losses from no fans

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

I honestly think they're gonna find a way man. Dont know how but I think they will. 

There are signs all over the country and the world that are showing the worst of this plague has probably passed us over. We may still see some surges at local levels but we are prepared for them now. 

. Florida is a great example of how to handle this moving forward (they laser focused on the high risk portion of population and largely others social distance without draconian lockdowns)  , but so is Sweden (where hers immunity appears to be working where they let kids continue school and businesses stay open with numbers better than many of their neighbors who lockdown ) Looks like way more of the population already has had this and didn’t even know it bringing the mortality rate down the very near the seasonal flu of .1%. Even Fauci said that this .1% is a distinct possibility with what we know now, but studies in California and Miami Dade backing this up.

The main issue is stopping a hospital surge which only took place in a few places in the United States, but we are way ahead of this thing today than we were in January. We have treatments that work of we catch people prior to  onset of acute symptoms that have a super high efficacy rate. 

i see a lot of the fear starting to dissipate over the next 2 months and I am confident we will have an NFL football season. Possibly abbreviated.

2 minutes ago, gazoo said:

There are signs all over the country and the world that are showing the worst of this plague has probably passed us over. Florida is a great example of how to handle this moving forward (later focused on the high risk portion of population)  , but so is Sweden (where hers immunity appears to be working) Looks like way more of the population already has had this and didn’t even know it bringing the mortality rate down the very near the seasonal flu of .1%. Even Fauci said that this .1% is a distinct possibility with what we know now, but studies in California and Miami Dade backing this up.

The main issue is stopping a hospital surge which only took place in a few places in the United States, but we are way ahead of this thing today than we were in January. We have treatments that work of we catch people prior to  onset of acute symptoms that have a super high efficacy rate. 

i see a lot of the fear starting to dissipate over the next 2 months and I am confident we will have an NFL football season. Possibly abbreviated.

I’ll take it. Like I said even if the game don’t have fans I’m fine with it. Not watching for them anyway. Just give me my favorite sport

10 minutes ago, gazoo said:

There are signs all over the country and the world that are showing the worst of this plague has probably passed us over. We may still see some surges at local levels but we are prepared for them now. 

. Florida is a great example of how to handle this moving forward (they laser focused on the high risk portion of population and largely others social distance without draconian lockdowns)  , but so is Sweden (where hers immunity appears to be working where they let kids continue school and businesses stay open with numbers better than many of their neighbors who lockdown ) Looks like way more of the population already has had this and didn’t even know it bringing the mortality rate down the very near the seasonal flu of .1%. Even Fauci said that this .1% is a distinct possibility with what we know now, but studies in California and Miami Dade backing this up.

What most don’t realize is that a second wave of coronavirus will occur in the winter, and it will coincide with flu season making it even more dangerous and deadly. 

14 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I think it's going to happen, but I will say this.  I don't think they will let fans in for a while and I bet the NFL owners get a shock at how much they really don't need shinny new stadiums.  People are going to realize that watching the game on a big screen, with decent food and drinks is a lot more appealing.

The preseason is also going to be real interesting.

7 minutes ago, athell said:

This is good **** Beef

Yeah I was kind of floored when I looked into flu numbers and saw that year over year comparison chart for New York.

Also, I'm 1000% sure my wife had CV-19 from late November to late January.  She's a nurse at Kennestone Hospital, and her, and about two-dozen other nurses, PA's, and doctors she works with, coughed for nearly 10 straight weeks during that period.

Like violently coughing, to the point it was making her puke and dry-heave constantly.  All day, every day for ~10 weeks.

I got it for about a week and my kids got it for about 2 weeks around Christmas.  But my wife has nasty asthma, so it hit her harder.

We all thought it was the flu.  Minor random fevers for a day or two, but nothing serious.  Just a bad cough for a week or so.  But my wife's cough was insane.  She tried everything to fight it.  Humidifier, Abreo inhaler (this chalky white crap, she still takes this now, trying to ween off it though), steroids, antibiotics, multiple different inhalers, nothing worked.  Finally, after about 9 weeks, it just slowed down and eventually went away.

But I'm certain she has damaged her lungs and larynx.  Her voice is noticeably scratchy still and she has to constantly run a humidifier at night or she wakes up with her throat dry and burning.

We had no idea what she had until suddenly CV-19 became a thing.  It all made sense after that, except for the fact they were trying to say it was new in January.

This thing was definitely here before January, and I suspect tens of millions of people had it and recovered from it already.  And that data I found from NYS regarding flu tracking solidified it for me.

10 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

What most don’t realize is that a second wave of coronavirus will occur in the winter, and it will coincide with flu season making it even more dangerous and deadly. 

And we will be ready for it this time with treatments that dramatically lower the surge and mortality rate. We already have great case studies of success after the first wave. 

So while we may see a surge in reinfextions to some degree, it won’t correlate to a surge in hospitalizations and death. 

the media is invested in everyone being terrified. I dig far deeper to do my own research. Our media is horrible and I’ll leave it at that

4 minutes ago, gazoo said:

And we will be ready for it this time with treatments that dramatically lower the surge and mortality rate. We already have great case studies of success after the first wave. 

So while we may see a surge in reinfextions to some degree, it won’t correlate to a surge in hospitalizations and death. 

the media is invested in everyone being terrified. I dig far deeper to do my own research. Our media is horrible and I’ll leave it at that

This isn’t the media, it’s the Director of the CDC:

”There’s a possibility that the assault of the virus on our nation next winter will actually be even more difficult than the one we just went through,” CDC Director Robert Redfield said in an interview with The Washington Post. “And when I’ve said this to others, they kind of put their head back, they don’t understand what I mean.”

“We’re going to have the flu epidemic and the coronavirus epidemic at the same time,” he said.

Having two simultaneous respiratory outbreaks would put unimaginable strain on the health-care system, he said.

15 minutes ago, Beef said:

Also, I'm 1000% sure my wife had CV-19 from late November to late January.  She's a nurse at Kennestone Hospital, and her, and about two-dozen other nurses, PA's, and doctors she works with, coughed for nearly 10 straight weeks during that period.

Indeed. I was in New York City, stayed in a hotel at Times Square, for 4 days in December and I am certain I had it. I was telling my friends I never had a cold that started in my chest like that. My chest and breathing were tight for 3 weeks.

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

”There’s a possibility that the assault of the virus on our nation next winter will actually be even more difficult than the one we just went through,” CDC Director Robert Redfield said in an interview with The Washington Post. “And when I’ve said this to others, they kind of put their head back, they don’t understand what I mean.”

“We’re going to have the flu epidemic and the coronavirus epidemic at the same time,” he said.

Having two simultaneous respiratory outbreaks would put unimaginable strain on the health-care system, he said.

Again, we already had both at the same time.  There's no other explanation for this:

SNrySRS.jpg

7 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Sorry, I do t believe everything the CDC says. They do great work at times but there are also many career bureaucrats at top of the agency that are pressured to play the political angle sometimes. We see this in all agencies from time to time, the people who rise to the very top got there by going with the flow. Those who don’t play the game get destroyed.

and unfortunately this pandemic has been highly politicized. It’s disgusting to the degree this has happened. 

So instead of just believing everything they say, I do my own research to see what is going on world wide. 

23 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

I think it's going to happen, but I will say this.  I don't think they will let fans in for a while and I bet the NFL owners get a shock at how much they really don't need shinny new stadiums.  People are going to realize that watching the game on a big screen, with decent food and drinks is a lot more appealing.

The preseason is also going to be real interesting.

If they have fans, my guess is nobody over 55 will be allowed in the stadium.   They will have certain protective measures in place.  Maybe fans allowed in every other seat.  

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

If they have fans, my guess is nobody over 55 will be allowed in the stadium.   They will have certain protective measures in place.  Maybe fans allowed in every other seat.  

Many things they can do, if they play in front of fans they can take temperatures as people come in stadium, restrict the high risk categories ( which will already take place voluntarily for the most part) and social distance.

or, they can just not play in front of fans this year. 

but I’m sure they will play one way or another

As everyone panicked about what to do, the NFL cancelled Vegas and continued with their draft as if it was nothing and went on to raise 100M in COVID19 relief. In a draft.

A season will absolutely happen. It isn't as black and white as game or no game. Every fan will probably be tested at the security gate and a face covering may be required. But a season will 100 percent happen.

58 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Yep, I can’t get a flu vaccine due to being a Guillain-Barre syndrome survivor. Not sure if it will limit being able to get a COVID vaccine eventually or not, but doubt most Doctors will know and will just recommend getting it...

It’s a rare disease but I’ve heard it’s just awful. I don’t know a ton about it other than it can pretty much leave you knocked down for a couple weeks. Hopefully we can have a good treatment going that will make COVID better on us 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Is this simply an aggregate of all coronavirus strains?  MERS, SARS etc?

No, this is flu cases in New York State per their health department.  Link

Go back one page and read my analysis of what you're looking at.

Just be open-minded and apply some quite simple logical deduction.

Understand that 2017-18 was supposedly the worst flu season in 50 years, and this year we blew it away by +34% margin.

Which is completely unreasonable.  This means that we just had THE WORST flu season since the 1918 Spanish Flu epidemic.

From October 1 to Feb. 28th, the state of New York had 157,000 reported flu cases.  2017-18 was 117,000 during that period.  The normal flu season in NYS is around 70,000-85,000.

So that's a +34% increase over the worst flu season in 50 years, and a +85% increase over the typical flu season.

It just seems absurdly improbable that we SUPPOSEDLY just had the worst flu season since the Spanish Flu epidemic of 1918, and then that flu season came to a screeching halt the instant CV-19 test kits were rolled out at the beginning of March.

Don't ya think?

Edited by Beef