Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DogIsYourName

At the risk of being banned...

... I'd still like to know how you guys think football is going to be played this year.  Will it be just the NFL and not college?  Will some states, like GA, open up stadiums while others do not allow fans? 

Will players infected with the virus have to stay out for two weeks even if they have no symptoms?  Will we need larger rosters as a result?

I have not scoured in the internet but also have not really heard anything that makes sense.

Idk how it will work tbh. You'd be testing everyone involved with the team daily. Players, trainers, coaches, GM, etc

Doubt we have football this year and that's the least of our worries.

3 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Idk how it will work tbh. You'd be testing everyone involved with the team daily. Players, trainers, coaches, GM, etc

I actually think football is going to happen personally 

5 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I honestly think they're gonna find a way man. Dont know how but I think they will. 

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I actually think football is going to happen personally 

Hmm really depends on how the second wave hits. States opening too early and people traveling to those states that opened early. If anything crowdless stadiums. 

What I do know is the NBA are going to allow players inside of gyms where the state allows it. Once that becomes widespread we will see how effective all of the orders have been. For the most part Georgia didn't have a true shelter in place order. I didn't bother risking my families health but tons didn't take it serious. I'm sure the athletes did. The ones that did get sick after the orders were doing exactly as they were asked to our knowledge, they were just unfortunate 

It will probably be a condensed season. No OTAs, Minicamp, etc. Preaseason will be 2 games to get your team back in playing form and the regular season will only be 8 games. No fans in attendance and all games would have to be played in a single state where they can get the approval to play the games (Florida the most likely since it has 3 NFL stadiums and countless college stadiums and if the WWE can get the approval I'm sure the NFL Could find a way.. Homefield advantage is gone with no fans so it should not matter where the games are played for the 'home' team)

Doing essentially half a season will allow them to not start until around November giving them a full 6 months between now and then for the pandemic to hopefully calm down.

1 minute ago, athell said:

It'll happen.  Maybe without fans, but it'll happen.  For two simple reasons...

1.  It's far enough out where the world should have a good grasp on the rona

2.  Far too much money on the line to be both lost and made

I cam deal with a crowd less stadium. We see it weekly on tv in the Benz. 

Seriously some players throughout all the major leagues have been in support of having fan less games. The selfish side in me that wants sports agree with them wholeheartedly 

5 minutes ago, MayorWest13 said:

Hmm really depends on how the second wave hits. States opening too early and people traveling to those states that opened early. If anything crowdless stadiums. 

I kinda have always thought we were way ahead of the projections tbh.  I won't go all conspiracy theory on you all, because that's not it, but they are starting to do more and more testing and most recently found a lady died on Feb 6 of corona.  It takes 3-4 weeks to die from it typically, so it's at least been here since January.  I hope they start testing more because I believe it's been here since last year which would make since considering the first reported case was Nov. 17 of 2019.  Which means he was symptomatic enough to go get tested, which could put his infection date much sooner (back to Nov. 3rd potentially).  The way this thing doubles per day, and how contagious it is proven to be, we may already be on the second wave is my point.  Doesn't make sense to me that a virus of this contagion level would lay dormant for months twice.  Nov (Wuhan) to Jan (US) and again from first reported infection (Jan) to pandemic (March).  This doesn't even get into the antibody test results...

I'm not a doctor, not a nurse, I AM a medic and have been trained in infectious disease.  Just my thoughts.  Not trying to diminish this virus or how bad it is, just thinking stuff through.

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I cam deal with a crowd less stadium. We see it weekly on tv in the Benz. 

Seriously some players throughout all the major leagues have been in support of having fan less games. The selfish side in me that wants sports agree with them wholeheartedly 

lol bro my first thought was "Falcons and Chargers been playing this way for years"

6 minutes ago, MayorWest13 said:

For sure. I think the crowdless stadium thing is going to happen. Unlike things like the NBA, MLB, and even golf, the NFL has time to make thought out, thorough plans. I think they'll make it work. 

Testing and prevention is going to be the key.  If they can test everyone involved with making a football game happen, they can play games with or without fans.  

If they can't, one surprise positive test will shut the league down real fast.

My best guess is if it happens, it will be because they do weekly antibody testing of every player, coach, trainer, assistant, etc. in contact with anyone on the team.

The NFL season will happen. There is too much money involved for it to not happen. For better or worse, money runs the world.

Now the better question is, will there be full stadiums of fans present? I don't think it's safe to have fans until we have a vaccine or some better drug/treatment available and I'm not sure we are that close to any of that. I wouldn't think it would be available until early next year, but I don't know for sure. 

I wonder if there is some way we could allow small groups of fans into stadiums at lower capacity: allow smaller numbers of fans in stadiums, but at a reduced capacity to "ensure" people are sitting far enough apart. This is much easier said than done, but that is one solution.

Even though that might be a solution, I don't think we are going to see fans at sporting events until we have a vaccine or better treatment. We could be at lower infection and death rates, but I don't see any sporting event allowing fans in until that vaccine is here.

4 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Testing and prevention is going to be the key.  If they can test everyone involved with making a football game happen, they can play games with or without fans.  

If they can't, one surprise positive test will shut the league down real fast.

My best guess is if it happens, it will be because they do weekly antibody testing of every player, coach, trainer, assistant, etc. in contact with anyone on the team.

Agreed.

3 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

The NFL season will happen. There is too much money involved for it to not happen. For better or worse, money runs the world.

Now the better question is, will there be full stadiums of fans present? I don't think it's safe to have fans until we have a vaccine or some better drug/treatment available and I'm not sure we are that close to any of that. I wouldn't think it would be available until early next year, but I don't know for sure. 

I wonder if there is some way we could allow small groups of fans into stadiums at lower capacity: allow smaller numbers of fans in stadiums, but at a reduced capacity to "ensure" people are sitting far enough apart. This is much easier said than done, but that is one solution.

Even though that might be a solution, I don't think we are going to see fans at sporting events until we have a vaccine or better treatment. We could be at lower infection and death rates, but I don't see any sporting event allowing fans in until that vaccine is here.

Agreed.  I think the only way they can let fans in is if they themselves get tested and at that point that is A LOT of tests.  60,000 tests times 16 stadiums every week (minus bye).  I don't know the answer either man, every idea has some immediate "yeah but".  Hopefully by then testing is much much better, I think that will be the key to all this (along with a cure and vaccine obviously but even then I think many will not take the vaccine).

6 minutes ago, athell said:

I kinda have always thought we were way ahead of the projections tbh.  I won't go all conspiracy theory on you all, because that's not it, but they are starting to do more and more testing and most recently found a lady died on Feb 6 of corona.  It takes 3-4 weeks to die from it typically, so it's at least been here since January.  I hope they start testing more because I believe it's been here since last year which would make since considering the first reported case was Nov. 17 of 2019.  Which means he was symptomatic enough to go get tested, which could put his infection date much sooner (back to Nov. 3rd potentially).  The way this thing doubles per day, and how contagious it is proven to be, we may already be on the second wave is my point.  Doesn't make sense to me that a virus of this contagion level would lay dormant for months twice.  Nov (Wuhan) to Jan (US) and again from first reported infection (Jan) to pandemic (March).  This doesn't even get into the antibody test results...

I'm not a doctor, not a nurse, I AM a medic and have been trained in infectious disease.  Just my thoughts.  Not trying to diminish this virus or how bad it is, just thinking stuff through.

This is actually very objective thinking on it. When the NW announced the stay at home shelters 7 weeks ago, I made two predictions. One was that it was going to get significantly scarier and fast. The other was that it wouldn't spread as fast as we thought possibly because it's been around longer than anticipated. 

6 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I think they'll try. I dont see it going well.

On game day everyone where full face shields with disinfectant sprayed in the area of play between downs. Problem solved. 

everyone else is throwing out stupid posts throughout threads, I figured I would do my part

Assuming they can get adequate testing, should be able to play games- keep the teams quarantined the whole season, no fans.    No fans means you could use small stadiums, or even practice fields.

Think college football is much more problematic, so you could play Saturday and Sunday games. Be weird, but, think it could be done.

9 minutes ago, athell said:

I am 99% positive I had the rona in January.