• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ridley ain't going anywhere

All over the board, predraft and postdraft, I see... We should trade Ridley and some #1s to trade up in the draft or We should trade Ridley for Yannick Ngakoue or Jamal Adams. Neve

As much as I want a safety. No. Ridley is a good receiver. #1 level skills and speed. No

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, thomass said:

I think you all are misinterpreting what was meant by “valuable tradable player” I.e. given his position, age, where he was drafted and his potential to other teams, he could be considered a valuable asset in trade discussions.  

Let’s not pretend that there wasn’t folks here who were seriously willing to sacrifice him for their own instant gratification.  
LOL @ it was nothing but the old “valuable tradeable player” excuse!  :lol:

Some of you just crack me up.  

2 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Let’s not pretend that there wasn’t folks here who were seriously willing to sacrifice him for their own instant gratification.  
LOL @ it was nothing but the old “valuable tradeable player” excuse!  :lol:

Some of you just crack me up.  

And sacrifice next years draft in the process... then blame Dimi when his 3rd round pick doesn't work out after trading his #1 and #2 along with Ridley 

58 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

And sacrifice next years draft in the process... then blame Dimi when his 3rd round pick doesn't work out after trading his #1 and #2 along with Ridley 

It would only cost next years draft if Ridley wasn’t involved in the trade.  With Ridley it would only cost a 2nd.

But the point has been butchered at this point...lol.  It’s all meant as a discussion point, nothing more.

14 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

It's just frustrating because I'm from PA and most people here don't know anything about the Falcons outside of Julio and MR2. It's nice actually talking Falcons football and this is the nonsense I see all over

I’m from Ohio and I feel the same way.  Falcons Facebook and Twitter is unbearable, this is where I expect people with more logic to reside, but not always the case.

4 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Physicality isn’t needed to be aWR1. Great route running & speed much more important and he has them in spades. Look at Marvin Harrison.

lol i would be scared to see what he thinks about antonio brown over the last 6+ years on the field.   Removing all of his off field crap and just focusing on his on field play.  He won 90% of his plays based off exactly what Calvin Ridley brings to the table  really good speed and quickness and perfect routes.  Without losing speed in and out of cuts in those routes creating amazing seperation.   Ridley is honestly just a bit bigger version of Brown as Brown was like 5'10 185 and Ridley is 6'1 190.   If seeing Brown being the ONLY WR you could even debate putting over Julio as the best WR in football over those years doesn't prove you can be a true #1 and not be a physical freak or just really physical as a WR then i don't know what does.

Now as far as trading Ridley goes the main reason i wouldn't do it for Adams is because where as Adams is a upgrade at Safety it's not like Rico nor Neal are trash at Safety.   I think the drop off in talent is much less With Adams to Rico  compared to Calvin and the next WR we have.    If we had a legit #3 WR like Sanu was or someone i believed could be atleast close to Ridleys level as a #2 WR i would be ok with doing it.  But as it sits  i don't think i would make that move and i like Adams alot.

6 hours ago, Rings said:

I’m from Ohio and I feel the same way.  Falcons Facebook and Twitter is unbearable, this is where I expect people with more logic to reside, but not always the case.

Nice! I used to have friends in Solon and Cleveland I used to visit. I'm planning on taking my family in a couple of years to Cedar Point as well as a couple of the other parks for vacation. I get that there are always "those few", but I just saw it peppered everywhere and I had to vent lol

6 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

It would only cost next years draft if Ridley wasn’t involved in the trade.  With Ridley it would only cost a 2nd.

But the point has been butchered at this point...lol.  It’s all meant as a discussion point, nothing more.

Well of course it was a discussion point.  That’s what this board is.

BUT...There were those who seriously proposed we dump Calvin Ridley like he was some sort of cheap trade pawn.  His value was literally cheapened by mindless, instant gratification folks who absolutely must satiate their desire to win FA no matter how fkg stupid their means to an end had to be.  

Now it seems there are folks who either still believe that was a prudent thing to do OR they’re now minimizing it as if it were only thrown out there as a “non-plausible”  discussion piece only.  NOOO!  That’s not it at all.  It was a genuine suggestion that proves the lack of true football acumen & the overwhelming Hollywood magazine mentality of a fair number of those who opine on this forum.

Sure all are welcome to opine & we’re all nothing but armchair knuckleheads but it’s good to push back on really stupid suggestions.

Additionally, & unrelated I hope, not everyone posting here has good intentions. What is sometimes difficult is uncovering  the underlying agendas.

You’d be surprised at just how far some of these  silly “trade this guy” suggestions will go if left unchecked.  Oftentimes it’s healthy to flush it quickly before the stink gets too ripe. If unchecked, it begins to attract likeminded flies lol!

:flush:

6 hours ago, Rings said:

LOL exactly.  Social media attracts tons of whack jobs no doubt about it.  
All social media forums attract unsavory participants who otherwise couldn’t stand the test of face to face scrutiny.  Of that I am certain.

27 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Ridley is a great #2, nothing more. When you have Julio Jones that is all you need.

We’ll miss the great JJ when he decides to hang em up.  At least we both agree he is a great WR #2 right now!

And that’s all a team can ask of their #2. To be great.  That way it bodes well for the future.  You have someone in the wings & whomever you decide to pair him with then it’s a win/win.

18 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Well there you go!  Not a knock on Madden lovers whatsoever.  

I am positive I'd love it too, but it wouldn't be fair to my family if I got involved with it knowing how much time my job takes from me already LOL!  

I hear ya man.  I don’t get to play as much as I once did but still get a game in every now and then.  Madden trades are harder than they used to be... but I keep it realistic  when I do.  

20 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Dude, as long as there are professional, stable adults in place, & our draft capital was nowhere near rattle-brained, lunatic children, then Crid’s name will never even be brought up in such capacity.
Nothing surprises me with this crowd tho.  :shrug:

My main point : "You don't get rid of a strength for the team, because if you do it leaves you with a loss unless you can fill it with that same strength" : Meaning, getting rid of Ridley would be a bad move. JMO....... 

This is still going on.... geez why don't we just trade away the whole team and go into the season with no one that ever snapped a ball together.  

Sarcasm filter on.... we should just hire all the unselected draft agents and dump all the vets.  That should make the trade ho's happy.  :munch:and we would have a ton of cap money.

3 hours ago, WinningIsTheOnlyOption said:

My main point : "You don't get rid of a strength for the team, because if you do it leaves you with a loss unless you can fill it with that same strength" : Meaning, getting rid of Ridley would be a bad move. JMO....... 

It happens right after every draft. People try to justify trading a proven player for their fav player in draft.