• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ridley ain't going anywhere

All over the board, predraft and postdraft, I see... We should trade Ridley and some #1s to trade up in the draft or We should trade Ridley for Yannick Ngakoue or Jamal Adams. Neve

As much as I want a safety. No. Ridley is a good receiver. #1 level skills and speed. No

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, thomass said:

Y’all really wouldn’t trade Ridley for Adams?  I mean come on...

It's no different than the threads asking if we'd trade Ryan straight up for Watson. It would never be proposed, for numerous reasons. 

Trades like that belong in the old "anything but logic" forum

2 minutes ago, hjerry said:

It's no different than the threads asking if we'd trade Ryan straight up for Watson. It would never be proposed, for numerous reasons. 

Trades like that belong in the old "anything but logic" forum

Yea that’s fair.  I just didn’t know if people were arguing that they would take Ridley over Adams in a hypothetical world. 

Edited by thomass

As a life long Falcons fan going back all the way to watching White shoes and Bartkowski and many other immortal names in Falcons history, I would honestly stop watching them altogether if they were to get rid of Calvin Ridley in any way. That would just signal to me that they aren't serious about winning.

You don't get rid of a strength for your team if you are smart unless you can improve in that same area because you are creating a loss. 

21 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Every year, the next years draft looks deep . Get the beat available player in FA instead of first round pick in 2021. Jamal Adams can change the backend of defense.

If you would trade for Adams, he will be looking for probably 13-15 million a year. Do you mean the best available player in FA that you can afford?

1 hour ago, thomass said:

Yea that’s fair.  I just didn’t know if people were arguing that they would take Ridley over Adams in a hypothetical world. 

It depends. Adams is definately the better player right now. That said if you make the trade, you have to find $15M a season to pay him. Plus you already have Neal as SS. 

meanwhile if you trade Ridley your WR corps is Julio, OZ, Treadwell and Blake. Not too appealing.  If it was pre draft I could be for it, because we could have just taken CeeDee Lamb in retrospect.

with the roster now, you have a huge hole at WR, and you have two top SS, with one on the bench. And I’m not entertaining moving Neal to LB.

so not too hard to fathom not supporting trading Ridley for Adams, especially if some are saying add in a high pick too.

9 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

All over the board, predraft and postdraft, I see...

We should trade Ridley and some #1s to trade up in the draft

or

We should trade Ridley for Yannick Ngakoue or Jamal Adams.

Nevermind that he is still cheap on his rookie contract. Never mind that he is the best first round pick we've hit on in a long time. Never mind that he led the Falcons in receiving TD the past 2 years. Never mind that if this was even a thought we would've drafted Cee Dee Lamb. Never mind our 2nd receiver would be Gage or heaven forbid Treadwell. 

Guys, I want Adams or Yannick on our team just like the rest of you, but please STOP floating this nonsensical, idiotic idea. Good Lord, it's ideas like this that make Dimi even look good comparatively.

To be fair,  I do not think the suggestion to trade Ridley is because people do not like him. It is because he is maybe our only valuable tradable player.  

4 minutes ago, falcon app said:

Because he could net you draft picks or player(s) to fix a major area of weakness without leaving a ton of dead cap  money like trading any of Julio, Ryan, Mathews, Grady or Debo would.

By trading him, wouldn't WR be a big area of weakness? Gage or Treadwell as your #2? Julio would get triple teamed every play 

10 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

By trading him, wouldn't WR be a big area of weakness? Gage or Treadwell as your #2? Julio would get triple teamed every play 

Offcourse you replace him through the draft. Look at what San Francisco did with Buckner. I would definitely consider doing the same when time comes to pay Ridley if he can net us a first round pick like Diggs did.

Edited by falcon app
4 minutes ago, falcon app said:

Offcourse you replace him through the draft. Look at what San Francisco did with Buckner. I would definitely consider doing the same when time comes to pay Ridley if he can net us a first round pick like Diggs did.

Sure in his 4th or 5th year of his rookie contract if we're not planning on resigning him for one reason or another. Certainly not after 2 very productive seasons with 3 years of eligibility left. That's insane 

5 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Sure in his 4th or 5th year of his rookie contract if we're not planning on resigning him for one reason or another. Certainly not after 2 very productive seasons with 3 years of eligibility left. That's insane 

Yes it is too early but you and I know TD would not even consider it at the right time. That's frustrating.

3 hours ago, WinningIsTheOnlyOption said:

As a life long Falcons fan going back all the way to watching White shoes and Bartkowski and many other immortal names in Falcons history, I would honestly stop watching them altogether if they were to get rid of Calvin Ridley in any way. That would just signal to me that they aren't serious about winning.

You don't get rid of a strength for your team if you are smart unless you can improve in that same area because you are creating a loss. 

Dude, as long as there are professional, stable adults in place, & our draft capital was nowhere near rattle-brained, lunatic children, then Crid’s name will never even be brought up in such capacity.
Nothing surprises me with this crowd tho.  :shrug: