• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ridley ain't going anywhere

All over the board, predraft and postdraft, I see... We should trade Ridley and some #1s to trade up in the draft or We should trade Ridley for Yannick Ngakoue or Jamal Adams. Neve

As much as I want a safety. No. Ridley is a good receiver. #1 level skills and speed. No

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Glad you are not the GM. Keep Ridley, a guy who actually is good and proven with great upside. Give up 2021 first round pick for Adams. Team is set for a run instantly. Next year cap goes up, sign a FA instead of first round pick. You got AJ and Adams, kept Ridley too.

Next years draft is way too deep to give up a mid round first for Adams and then have to pay him. 

40 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

You could still get him with out trading Ridley. Falcons will have plenty of cap to work with in 2021, giving up first round for a FA pickup is not a deal breaker.

I'm all for trading a pick or something... just sick of seeing Ridley thrown in to sweeten the pot

1 hour ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I don't understand how anyone with any understanding of football & especially of our team can suggest such a downright stupid move.  

It's beyond stupid.  It's immature & foolish.  I don't want to punish anyone but some people here need to be held accountable for throwing around such incredibly irresponsible ideas.  Otherwise, they'll keep doing it LOL!

It reminds me not to take too many of our posters seriously.  Sure we're here to post opinions & enjoy the falcons, but for crying out loud, use some sort of common sense!

I sometimes wonder if people are acting stupid just to stir the pot.  I found myself in a conversation with a poster yesterday who insisted we should have taken Cee Dee Lamb instead of Terrell because Lamb was the BPA.  I asked how Lamb would improve the team and he chose to not comment.  He went on to say there was no run on CBs.  I pointed out there were 5 taken in the first round.  He insinuated I was stupid and could not count, that there were actually 5 taken in the first round.  :huh:

A person cannot be this oblique in real life, right?  It is just pot stirring, right? 

If anyone truly believe in unconstrained BPA drafting, what do they think happens when you end up with a half dozen first round QBs?  You will have no cap space.  You will have major holes on offense, defense, and special teams.  You will have discord in the locker room. 

I call BS on all of this. 

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Prior to the draft I would have traded Ridley + 3rd in 2020 & 2nd in 2021 for Adams.  

Then draft CeeCee Lamb & Marlon Davidson

Nobody knew Lamb would be there at 16. How could you trade predraft and ensure he would be there. That's some real Monday morning quarterbacking there

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

Glad you are not the GM. Keep Ridley, a guy who actually is good and proven with great upside. Give up 2021 first round pick for Adams. Team is set for a run instantly. Next year cap goes up, sign a FA instead of first round pick. You got AJ and Adams, kept Ridley too.

Not saying you are right or wrong. But you honestly believe

Adams + Ridley  >  Adams + Lamb + 1st Round Pick

Also remember Lamb is nearly 5  years younger

2 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

For me, what's at the crux of my frustration.  Some fans get so caught up with the idiotic Madden mentality where they will do almost anything to "win the draft" or throw caution to the wind so they can fulfill their emotional desires of self satisfaction at any cost.  I should simply laugh & move on, but it's so blatantly irresponsible that it's difficult to not be offended.  That's when I have to sign off & get away from here sometimes.  ;)

I love Madden but I wouldn’t trade Ridley lol 

3 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Prior to the draft I would have traded Ridley + 3rd in 2020 & 2nd in 2021 for Adams.  

Then draft CeeCee Lamb & Marlon Davidson

Yeah but that’s using hindsight. What if Lamb wasn’t there, then you hoping Julio stays healthy with all the youth we have as backups? That’s nonsense and you would be a fool to trade Ridley in the first place.

13 minutes ago, Cheyakita said:

Yeah but that’s using hindsight. What if Lamb wasn’t there, then you hoping Julio stays healthy with all the youth we have as backups? That’s nonsense and you would be a fool to trade Ridley in the first place.

It is nonsense if the plan did not work.  It is nonsense if the plan miraculously did work.  Ridley is proven and he is exceptional.  He may be in Julio's shadow too much, but he is a rare talent.  He is a hard worker.  He is humble.  He is liked by his team mates.  Matt Ryan knows his tendencies and vice versa. 

Some of these guys really need to walk away from drugs and alcohol.  Stop drinking that unfiltered city water.  Try something.

2 hours ago, NaGaBoy said:

I sometimes wonder if people are acting stupid just to stir the pot.  I found myself in a conversation with a poster yesterday who insisted we should have taken Cee Dee Lamb instead of Terrell because Lamb was the BPA.  I asked how Lamb would improve the team and he chose to not comment.  He went on to say there was no run on CBs.  I pointed out there were 5 taken in the first round.  He insinuated I was stupid and could not count, that there were actually 5 taken in the first round.  :huh:

A person cannot be this oblique in real life, right?  It is just pot stirring, right? 

If anyone truly believe in unconstrained BPA drafting, what do they think happens when you end up with a half dozen first round QBs?  You will have no cap space.  You will have major holes on offense, defense, and special teams.  You will have discord in the locker room. 

I call BS on all of this. 

That's why unless you have a SB quality team in place, there's no way to ignore a positions of need one way or the other.

I do think you can draft BPA at a PON however.  But this must be measured based upon the pool of talent that year at that particular position of need.  If it craps out quickly or one expects there to be a run at that particular postion, then you better go ahead a select the player you need at that position or it'll kill you during the season.  Also in play is depth, experience, etc...  

And regarding if people are acting stupid just to stir the pot?...

yep yes GIF by Miguel

3 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Not saying you are right or wrong. But you honestly believe

Adams + Ridley  >  Adams + Lamb + 1st Round Pick

Also remember Lamb is nearly 5  years younger

First of all Jets weren’t taking Ridley and 2nd and 3rd round picks for Adams. You don’t have to make more holes in 2020.   Even If they did, I will still pick the falcons first 3 picks + Adams and Calvin Ridley over a rookie who hadn’t played yet and give up multiple picks. Falcons are in good cap position next year, it’s better to give up a first round pick in 2021 and grab a top FA next year. 

I understand people are too emotionally attached every year in the draft to certain players and most players don’t live up to the pre draft hype.