• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ridley ain't going anywhere

All over the board, predraft and postdraft, I see... We should trade Ridley and some #1s to trade up in the draft or We should trade Ridley for Yannick Ngakoue or Jamal Adams. Neve

As much as I want a safety. No. Ridley is a good receiver. #1 level skills and speed. No

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

He's trying to trap you with word games.  DBN likes to play the fly in the soup angle in order to debate all conceivable angles of meaningless straw man arguments about why we're going to suck.  

Notice how I am purposefully fkg wtih our buddy DBN?

No I’m not but okay. Just saying not sure Ridley alone in the answer once Julio retires. 

4 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

I think Ridley is solid. Don’t get me wrong. I just would like to see what he can do against consistent double teams before I dub him the WR1 of the future. Like you said we will always want to have that Julio level talent on the other side. Finding it is a diff story but I think we will find another freak WR in the coming years 

It's a good argument DBN, don't get me wrong.  I'm simply compelling the other side of the argument that I feel makes at least equal sense or even more sense in evaluating this.

I might say even further that Ridley punishes teams for doubling JJ & that he may need to be doubled himself because it's extremely difficult for one guy to stay on him due to his incredible route-running & separation abilities.  

31 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I say, he's been impressive so far.  He's been a #2 with flashes of #1 potential.  Having said that, you're always going to look for that next JJ replacement in the future.  I'd love to see us having a problem of possessing two #1 Wideouts. Eh Amigo?

Drafting Lamb was tempting in my eyes.  I think after this year we’ll see if Ridley makes a jump into being more of “the guy”, and if he doesn’t we’ll look at WR.

2 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

It's a good argument DBN, don't get me wrong.  I'm simply compelling the other side of the argument that I feel makes at least equal sense or even more sense in evaluating this.

I might say even further that Ridley punishes teams for doubling JJ & that he may need to be doubled himself because it's extremely difficult for one guy to stay on him due to his incredible route-running & separation abilities.  

Correct, I just think that when julio retires we most deifntoly will need to find another freak WR... 6’3” 230lbs with 4.3-4.5 speed. Just to avoid Ridley being a “decoy”

9 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

I think Ridley is solid. Don’t get me wrong. I just would like to see what he can do against consistent double teams before I dub him the WR1 of the future. Like you said we will always want to have that Julio level talent on the other side. Finding it is a diff story but I think we will find another freak WR in the coming years 

So you think we will find another Julio in the coming years? Really? How many Julio's have come along during the last say 20 years?

To say, yea it might be difficult, but we will find another Julio in a the coming years is just nonsense. First round HOF don't come around every few years!

Just now, BamaBirdLady said:

So you think we will find another Julio in the coming years? Really? How many Julio's have come along during the last say 20 years?

To say, yea it might be difficult, but we will find another Julio in a the coming years is just nonsense. First round HOF don't come around every few years!

I never said find another Julio. Julio is generational. Just another big bodied speedy wr. 

44 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Prior to the draft I would have traded Ridley + 3rd in 2020 & 2nd in 2021 for Adams.  

Then draft CeeCee Lamb & Marlon Davidson

Glad you are not the GM. Keep Ridley, a guy who actually is good and proven with great upside. Give up 2021 first round pick for Adams. Team is set for a run instantly. Next year cap goes up, sign a FA instead of first round pick. You got AJ and Adams, kept Ridley too.

I'm not in favor of either move, but from a pure value perspective, you trade Julio, not Ridley.  I haven't looked at the cap to even see if that's possible, but there is no way you trade a guy with Ridley's upside and production who is on a rookie contract.  That's insane.  Those are the pieces championships are made of.

10 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

He's signed through 2022. As good as he is, speculating that he would be on our team for 5 years is just that. Speculation. 

You could still get him with out trading Ridley. Falcons will have plenty of cap to work with in 2021, giving up first round for a FA pickup is not a deal breaker.

4 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Should’ve worded it better. I meant Julio level size speed. Julio’s just don’t come around often I get that. I meant another big bodied speed wr. Calvin will be WR1 when julio retires. Best find Julio’s replacement in the coming years. 

4 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Drafting Lamb was tempting in my eyes.  I think after this year we’ll see if Ridley makes a jump into being more of “the guy”, and if he doesn’t we’ll look at WR.

sure, it's not uncommon to look at other folks potential draft needs/picks and get stars in your eyes.  It's only natural.  

We'll inevitably be looking for JJ's replacement eventually.  Just like MR.  Just like Alex Mack, Jake, and so on...

Heck, we weren't even going to go Crid, until he was staring in our faces unexpectedly.  Boom, that was wild.  

47 minutes ago, Da D!rty D!rty said:

Stupid argument to think that he would when this was one of the deepest drafts for WR.

This is a good point.  Even if the Falcons were interested in moving him (thankfully they are not) Ridley's trade value would have been much lower than normal due to the abundance of receivers in the draft this year.

Heck, we had our CeeDee Lamb moment two years ago...  His name was Calvin Ridley.

That Cowboys team is stacked to the rafters now.  CeeDee should easily be able to outperform Crid relative to his rookie season right?  Some might say that that would be the minimum expected production given he's one of the brightest gems in the best WR class in recent memory right?  That offensive line, that Running game for play action.  That D.  It's all in place.  Dude is an absolute beast after the catch too.  Plus, he'll be WR #1 won't he?