Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All over the board, predraft and postdraft, I see...

We should trade Ridley and some #1s to trade up in the draft

or

We should trade Ridley for Yannick Ngakoue or Jamal Adams.

Nevermind that he is still cheap on his rookie contract. Never mind that he is the best first round pick we've hit on in a long time. Never mind that he led the Falcons in receiving TD the past 2 years. Never mind that if this was even a thought we would've drafted Cee Dee Lamb. Never mind our 2nd receiver would be Gage or heaven forbid Treadwell. 

Guys, I want Adams or Yannick on our team just like the rest of you, but please STOP floating this nonsensical, idiotic idea. Good Lord, it's ideas like this that make Dimi even look good comparatively.

Just now, Mister pudding said:

All over the board, predraft and postdraft, I see...

We should trade Ridley and some #1s to trade up in the draft

or

We should trade Ridley for Yannick Ngakoue or Jamal Adams.

Nevermind that he is still cheap on his rookie contract. Never mind that he is the best first round pick we've hit on in a long time. Never mind that he led the Falcons in receiving TD the past 2 years. Never mind that if this was even a thought we would've drafted Cee Dee Lamb. Never mind our 2nd receiver would be Gage or heaven forbid Treadwell. 

Guys, I want Adams or Yannick on our team just like the rest of you, but please STOP floating this nonsensical, idiotic idea. Good Lord, it's ideas like this that make Dimi even look good comparatively.

It astounded me bro.  Have to be honest.

Such incredibly irresponsible banter.  I believe Calvin Ridley is better than Jeudy.  Similar players too.  

16 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

It’s amazing these ideas keep getting thrown out and the people throwing them out really expect to be taken serious

Yep, It's like any and every Falcons trade suggestion involves Ridley now.

Even the idiotic suggestion of the Falcons trading up to #1 for Burrow involved Ridley lol.

8 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

It’s amazing these ideas keep getting thrown out and the people throwing them out really expect to be taken serious

I don't understand how anyone with any understanding of football & especially of our team can suggest such a downright stupid move.  

It's beyond stupid.  It's immature & foolish.  I don't want to punish anyone but some people here need to be held accountable for throwing around such incredibly irresponsible ideas.  Otherwise, they'll keep doing it LOL!

It reminds me not to take too many of our posters seriously.  Sure we're here to post opinions & enjoy the falcons, but for crying out loud, use some sort of common sense!

Exactly. Best young receiver we've had since Julio, ascending and on a cheap deal, and we're going to trade him to give a good pass rusher but terrible run defender 17+ mill or give a top safety a record breaking deal? With what cap space lol?

1 minute ago, KRUNKuno said:

weirdos.

I will say while his stats are great, Ridley needs to take a step forward.  He’s no heir apparent.

I say, he's been impressive so far.  He's been a #2 with flashes of #1 potential.  Having said that, you're always going to look for that next JJ replacement in the future.  I'd love to see us having a problem of possessing two #1 Wideouts. Eh Amigo?

5 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Yes, anybody with half a brain knows that, evidently some posters think Calvin Ridleys grow on trees along with peaches in Georgia. I know you have good sense

4 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yep, It's season like any and every Falcons trade suggestion involves Ridley now.

Even the idiotic suggestion of the Falcons trading up to #1 for Burrow involved Ridley lol.

2 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I don't understand how anyone with any understanding of football & especially of our team can suggest such as downright stupid move.  

It's beyond stupid.  It's immature & foolish.  I don't want to punish anyone but some people here need to be held accountable for throwing around such incredibly irresponsible ideas.  Otherwise, they'll keep doing it LOL!

It reminds me not to take too many of our posters seriously.  Sure we're here to post opinions & enjoy the falcons, but for crying out loud, use some sort of common sense!

Exactly. the suggestion is really really dumb. 

5 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I don't understand how anyone with any understanding of football & especially of our team can suggest such a downright stupid move.  

It's just frustrating because I'm from PA and most people here don't know anything about the Falcons outside of Julio and MR2. It's nice actually talking Falcons football and this is the nonsense I see all over

8 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Prior to the draft I would have traded Ridley + 3rd in 2020 & 2nd in 2021 for Adams.  

Then draft CeeCee Lamb & Marlon Davidson

An argument could be made then that you'd be sacrificing a pick to fill a pick knowing you already have a stud there.  While also exacerbating an already difficult cap management issue.

I would like to see what Ridley can do against consistent double teams before I crown him the WR1 of the future. He benefits a lot with Julio on the other side taking a majority of the attention. 

Just now, D.B.N. said:

I would like to see what Ridley can do against consistent double teams before I crown him the WR1 of the future. He benefits a lot with Julio on the other side taking a majority of the attention. 

I didn't crown him anything. I just don't want to trade him. He's a route runner that MR2 needs, just like Julio and Roddy was. He's at least a great #2 receiver and may be more one day

13 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

It's just frustrating because I'm from PA and most people here don't know anything about the Falcons outside of Julio and MR2. It's nice actually talking Falcons football and this is the nonsense I see all over

For me, what's at the crux of my frustration.  Some fans get so caught up with the idiotic Madden mentality where they will do almost anything to "win the draft" or throw caution to the wind so they can fulfill their emotional desires of self satisfaction at any cost.  I should simply laugh & move on, but it's so blatantly irresponsible that it's difficult to not be offended.  That's when I have to sign off & get away from here sometimes.  ;)

5 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

So what you're really saying is that right now we have two fkg studs, with one HOF freak of all time.  Then another #1 whose shown incredible production from his rookie year, who, at the very least is the equivalent of 80% of the leagues current #1 WR's.  

I agree.

7 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

I didn't crown him anything. I just don't want to trade him. He's a route runner that MR2 needs, just like Julio and Roddy was. He's at least a great #2 receiver and may be more one day

He's trying to trap you with word games.  DBN likes to play the fly in the soup angle in order to debate all conceivable angles of meaningless straw man arguments about why we're going to suck.  

Notice how I am purposefully fkg wtih our buddy DBN?

15 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

An argument could be made then that you'd be sacrificing a pick to fill a pick knowing you already have a stud there.  While also exacerbating an already difficult cap management issue.

True...I just see Adams as ET for the next 5 years.  For a team that runs single high, the deep safety is paramount.  

25 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Weren't there people on this board talking about trading JJ? I might be mistaken, but I seem to recall that conversation.

3 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

So what you're really saying is that right now we have two fkg studs, with one HOF freak of all time.  Then another #1 whose shown incredible production from his rookie year, who, at the very least is the equivalent of 80% of the leagues current #1 WR's.  

I agree.

I think Ridley is solid. Don’t get me wrong. I just would like to see what he can do against consistent double teams before I dub him the WR1 of the future. Like you said we will always want to have that Julio level talent on the other side. Finding it is a diff story but I think we will find another freak WR in the coming years