From NFL.com Draft grades

Atlanta Falcons

Draft picks: Clemson CB A.J. Terrell (No. 16 overall), Auburn DT Marlon Davidson (No. 47), Temple C Matt Hennessy (No. 78), Fresno State LB Mykal Walker (No. 119), Cal S Jaylinn Hawkins (No. 134), Syracuse P Sterling Hofrichter (No. 228)
Day 1 grade: B
Day 2 grade: A
Day 3 grade: B-
Overall grade: B+
Draft analysis: Atlanta met needs at cornerback, defensive tackle and the interior offensive line in the first three rounds. The Falcons also required help at the second level of their defense, and Walker fits that bill, although he might not have been the best player available to fill that need. Same goes for the Hawkins pick. Finding a young edge rusher post-draft should be a high priority.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001111711/article/2020-nfl-draft-final-quicksnap-grades-for-all-32-teams?EC=85478091-8e09-461a-a023-b6b2b39a4690&mi_u=llouis@amazon.com&mi_ecmp=NFL_Daily_Newsletter

Plus, you got a very good TE from Baltimore- more value for your investment. This was a solid draft where you got high-grade players with the tangibles and intangible qualities. This is something that many fans don’t get it- you need players with characters to coach and develop. You don’t need sexy picks, but picks that could solidify the brotherhood and the team as a whole.

I believe the Falcons will make one More significant move before the season starts- They will bring in another veteran Defensive player for the trenches. 

Just got PFF's draft grades. We got a B which was tied for 17th with 6 other teams. 

They had DAL, ARI, DEN and CLE all knocking it out of the park with an A+. Poor GB got a D.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2020-nfl-draft-grades-for-all-32-teams?utm_source=PFF+Newsletter&utm_campaign=8565cc2b04-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_04_24_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_ae3f4210bf-8565cc2b04-216935877

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Just got PFF's draft grades. We got a B which was tied for 17th with 6 other teams. 

They had DAL, ARI, DEN and CLE all knocking it out of the park with an A+. Poor GB got a D.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2020-nfl-draft-grades-for-all-32-teams?utm_source=PFF+Newsletter&utm_campaign=8565cc2b04-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_04_24_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_ae3f4210bf-8565cc2b04-216935877

Don’t see how anyone can give Ravens a preliminary B on their draft.  Every single one of their picks seemed spot on.  I would gladly switch our draft for theirs, including the trade in which they took RB Dobbins while we got a  (So far) disappointing Hurst. 

I give us a preliminary C. How about you 70? 

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Don’t see how anyone can give Ravens a preliminary B on their draft.  Every one of their picks seemed spot on.  I would gladly switch our draft for theirs, including the trade in which they took RB Dobbins while we got a  (So far) disappointing Hurst. 

Man I try not to grade until after year three. Anything prior is useless to me. But I know a lot of TATFers need that media confirmation early on. 

I would say Dimi went 100% pure needs based this year and may have reached a couple times. I like a couple of the guys he took though.

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Man I try not to grade until after year three. Anything prior is useless to me. But I know a lot of TATFers need that media confirmation early on. 

I would say Dimi went 100% pure needs based this year and may have reached a couple times. I like a couple of the guys he took though.

Can you at least start working on the nicknames of the 2020 class awhile?

5 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I hear you, it’s why I said preliminary....but it’s an interesting way to get peeps perspective on if they agreed with the direction the team took.

I liked Davidson + Hennessy. 

7 hours ago, g-dawg said:

I believe this draft will age like a fine wine.  The media will come along on this 2020 Falcons draft but it will take a year or two.

Think so too, between this and last years draft we should be good in the trenches. 

First 3 picks are going to ball.. so I am not worried about that.. the P is good he will win the battle and save us some Money.. every year you get 4 starters its a good haul... even though I wanted Lamb because of the value... I think terrell will do just fine we just need a playmaker at FS.. hope next year is the one...

3 hours ago, Vandy said:

Don’t see how anyone can give Ravens a preliminary B on their draft.  Every single one of their picks seemed spot on.  I would gladly switch our draft for theirs, including the trade in which they took RB Dobbins while we got a  (So far) disappointing Hurst. 

So far a disappointing Hurst?  He ain't even taken a snap for us yet and getting badmouthed; Why? I think he's going to be way better Hooper; just sayin.

49 minutes ago, Charles Wright said:

So far a disappointing Hurst?  He ain't even taken a snap for us yet and getting badmouthed; Why? I think he's going to be way better Hooper; just sayin.

Wasn’t intended as a diss chucky. But for a former 1st round draft pick 2 years of production of only 43/500/3 is underwhelming (and yes, I know he’s had some injuries). 

Doubt he’ll be as good as Hooper. But if he can stay healthy, I think he’ll justify the trade. But he’s got to stay healthy.

10 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

If Hennessy becomes a solid  Mack replacement, this draft will be another solid one by TD.  Marlon will be a stud while AJ should be a good starting CB.

I don’t hold out tons of hope for what transoirerc Day 3....but hope I’m wrong

I believe the punter will be looked at as our best day 3 pick. That kid's got some BOOM in that leg.

Edited by Snafu

2 examples of why draft grades are meaningless the day after the draft...

2016 Draft - Atlanta Falcons: D

First pick: Keanu Neal, S, Florida (No. 17)

Other notable picks: Deion Jones, LB, LSU (52); Austin Hooper, TE, Stanford (81); De'Vondre Campbell, OLB, Minnesota (115)

The Falcons’s personnel braintrust of Scott Pioli and Thomas Dimitroff has had iffy results in the last few drafts, with Dimitroff as the more tenured veteran in the organization. On its face, this draft looks like another head-scratcher. The Falcons did little to address their defensive line needs, instead spending the 17th pick on Neal, who looks like a reach there. Jones is a speed linebacker with some safety-level assets—not a bad player, but perhaps another reach. Hooper should help fill a need that’s been glaring since Tony Gonzalez retired, and Campbell is another speed ’backer. In the larger view, it appears Atlanta spent draft capital on players it could have traded down to get and didn’t address its defensive line need early in a draft that has as much D-line talent as any in recent NFL history. That’s hard to swallow. —DF

2017 Draft - NFC South

Atlanta Falcons 
Draft picks: Takkarist McKinley (No. 26 overall), Duke Riley (No. 75 overall), Sean Harlow (No. 136 overall), Damontae Kazee (No. 149 overall), Brian Hill (No. 156 overall), Eric Saubert (No. 174 overall) 
Day 1 grade: A- 
Day 2 grade: B 
Day 3 grade: A 
Overall grade: A- 
The skinny: Takkarist McKinley and Vic Beasley will make it difficult for Tom Brady (or anyone else) to pick apart the Falcons' defense in the second half as he did in the Super Bowl. They chose to given up a third round pick, but it's hard to blame them with the Cowboys, Steelers, and Packersahead of them -- they were all looking for edge guys. Duke Riley joins former teammate Deion Jonesin the linebacking corps, a good pick-up to keep the speed coming. It was a good Day 3 for the Falcons. Sean Harlow is an agile and strong guard who will start right away (which they need). Damontae Kazee is a great value in the fifth round as a tough slot corner. Getting a pass-catcher like tight end Eric Saubert could pay off in a year or two.