36 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Better Ridley than Julio.  But realistically, if a WR were involved we would have used a high draft pick on one

Yeah but we can’t give up Ridley.  We’d have a glaring hole at WR if we did.  If that was even a thought in their mind they should have taken Lamb at 16.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Skins have no reason to talk to Jags about an edge rusher with Kerrigan, Sweat, and now Young on the team.

I hope the Falcons are looking at Jamal Adams as well if this is the case and then weigh their options on who would be the better trade deal.

If we are going to give up a 1st get me Adams.. he will be a great piece to add to our defense and I think he will transform our back end..

39 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Better Ridley than Julio.  But realistically, if a WR were involved we would have used a high draft pick on one

I don't think Julio is tradable right now contract wise. Is he?

Also, Ridley looks to be a huge part of the offense as well.

Unless the Falcons plan to run more, it doesn't make sense to trade away neither of their big WR duo right now.

It's amazing seeing people keep naming all of these good players yet the general consensus around here is still coaching sucks. Also, unless they feel Neal cant go, I seriously do not see them trading for someone who's actually a starter. It doesn't make an ounce of sense unless they know for a fact Neal cant go

11 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

It's amazing seeing people keep naming all of these good players yet the general consensus around here is still coaching sucks. Also, unless they feel Neal cant go, I seriously do not see them trading for someone who's actually a starter. It doesn't make an ounce of sense unless they know for a fact Neal cant go

I think many look at Jamal Adams because of the weird way the Jets been handling him and he is actually very versatile.

Adams can play FS also.

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

I think many look at Jamal Adams because of the weird way the Jets been handling him and he is actually very versatile.

Adams can play FS also.

Even still, the Falcons realistically have zero reason to trade for him right now unless Rico is cut or they feel Neal can’t go. There’s been zero indication of either being the case right now. Whether it’s accepted or not they really believe in their guys. 

Also while I’m at it, do you remember a few years back when the overall consensus was not to trade for or sign overpriced free agents. Groom who you drafted and pay them. Isn’t it amazing how this board flip flops yearly

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Even still, the Falcons realistically have zero reason to trade for him right now unless Rico is cut or they feel Neal can’t go. There’s been zero indication of either being the case right now. Whether it’s accepted or not they really believe in their guys. 

It's the consensus, sure. I don't have any confidence that this staff wants to upgrade FS because they think their JAGs are the bees knees. Still fun to speculate on moves that might make the team better though.

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Also while I’m at it, do you remember a few years back when the overall consensus was not to trade for or sign overpriced free agents. Groom who you drafted and pay them. Isn’t it amazing how this board flip flops yearly

Yeah, I been knew that Ngakoue or Adams were more fantasy than reality.

I honestly think the Falcons should look into Griffen and Golden though. Getting one of them at this point could be a valuable deal.

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yeah, I been knew that Ngakoue or Adams were more fantasy than reality.

I honestly think the Falcons should look into Griffen and Golden though. Getting one of them at this point could be a valuable deal.

Exactly. You come out better with one of those guys cause you save a draft pick + money

6 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Young is the 2nd overall pick and is regarded as the #1 prospect in the draft.

The Skins have to at least try to see what they have in him 1st before using another high pick on another edge rusher.

Again, I will say. The Skins were just one win better than the Bengals. Building up your defense more is being proactive. Chase Young can be as good as advertised, and they could still suck.

5 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Technically we traded w the Broncos (our first for their first and third), then we traded the first for Abe.

That's right. The Jets wanted a first round pick, but they weren't emphatic about it being a high one. They just wanted someone to beat Seattle's offer of the #31 pick. So, we took 70 cents on the dollar in a trade down with Shanahan. Then, we traded that pick to the Jets. And everyone wound up happy. Denver got Cutler, NY got Nick Mangold, and we got Abe.

1 minute ago, jidady said:

That's right. The Jets wanted a first round pick, but they weren't emphatic about it being a high one. They just wanted someone to beat Seattle's offer of the #31 pick. So, we took 70 cents on the dollar in a trade down with Shanahan. Then, we traded that pick to the Jets. And everyone wound up happy. Denver got Cutler, NY got Nick Mangold, and we got Abe.

Yep, and it was a great deal for us, because had we not traded for Abe we would have drafted that bust Jimmy Williams at 14 instead of in round 2. I really wanted us to take Tamba Hali at 14, but Abe was definitely a win there too...Hali was the last PSU lineman I went full homer and pounded the table for.

12 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Also, Jags wanted too much for Ngakoue. They wanted the Raiders 12th overall pick in the draft, which caused Raiders to cut off trade discussions.

Jags didn't want Raiders later 1st round pick, they wanted the one just outside the top 10.

Which the track record over the course of the last few years suggest is exactly what they would get from us in return. Even if our team upgrades, so did the division substantially.

Edited by Akod2017
3 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Yep, and it was a great deal for us, because had we not traded for Abe we would have drafted that bust Jimmy Williams at 14 instead of in round 2. I really wanted us to take Tamba Hali at 14, but Abe was definitely a win there too...Hali was the last PSU lineman I went full homer and pounded the table for.

I specifically remember both of us championing the Falcons taking Hali at #14 instead of doing that trade. But you're right.

We would have taken Williams, who fell to the second round because people in the league believed he wouldn't work at corner or safety. We thought he would pair perfectly with DeAngelo Hall, another Tech guy. But Williams was a problem almost immediately, both on and off the field.

I'm not sure I ever heard why McKay didn't like Hali, though.