• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Skins have no reason to talk to Jags about an edge rusher with Kerrigan, Sweat, and now Young on the team.

I hope the Falcons are looking at Jamal Adams as well if this is the case and then weigh their options on who would be the better trade deal.

If we are going to give up a 1st get me Adams.. he will be a great piece to add to our defense and I think he will transform our back end..

6 minutes ago, Jerry Maguire said:

2nd Rounder? I think I would.

I suspect that's the price now. Jacksonville wants to keep its options open for the 2021 draft if Minshy doesn't work out. If we got him, I'm confident Takk would go soon afterward. So, it would effectively be trading Takk and a second for Yannick and a 5th or 6th. I could live with that.

I always used to say that teams should never trade a high draft pick for a player who demands an immediate contract extension/more money. However, Abe really turned me around on that subject. That trade turned out to be one of the best the Falcons have ever done.

This thread made me curious, so I went back and looked. Abe had 33.5 sacks through his first four seasons. Yannick's actually at 37.5. Abe didn't start any as a rookie, though. Yannick has also forced 14 fumbles through four years. That's very Abe-like.

9 minutes ago, jidady said:

I suspect that's the price now. Jacksonville wants to keep its options open for the 2021 draft if Minshy doesn't work out. If we got him, I'm confident Takk would go soon afterward. So, it would effectively be trading Takk and a second for Yannick and a 5th or 6th. I could live with that.

I always used to say that teams should never trade a high draft pick for a player who demands an immediate contract extension/more money. However, Abe really turned me around on that subject. That trade turned out to be one of the best the Falcons have ever done.

This thread made me curious, so I went back and looked. Abe had 33.5 sacks through his first four seasons. Yannick's actually at 37.5. Abe didn't start any as a rookie, though. Yannick has also forced 14 fumbles through four years. That's very Abe-like.

There's the thing. Yannick is one of the best in the NFL at forcing fumbles... 14 in four years. Those are game changing plays.

If there's anyway at all to get him here we should do it. Move heaven and earth to get him. Pass Rush can change a defense and take us from a bottom third defense to a top third. And having a good defense with our already good offense would make us a formidable team. 

I'm all for it. 

37 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

Fan of the talent, not so much how he's handled his business in Jacksonville recently. Tony Kahn is a cool dude, seems like Yannick was out of line for me, but business is business. For both of them. 

28 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Kahn does seem like a cool dude

I think it's just the Jacksonville culture of being mostly losers outside of 1 season in recent years is getting to Ngakoue. He should be handling it much better than he has though.

He may also be talking to or seeing how happy his former teammates like Fowler and Ramsey are happier since they left Jacksonville.

7 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I think it's just the Jacksonville culture if being mostly losers outside of 1 season in recent years is getting to Ngakoue. He should be handling it much better than he has though.

He may also be talking to or seeing how happy his former teammates like Fowler and Ramsey are happier since they left Jacksonville.

I mean I get it for sure, they haven't had a lot of success or national attention, he's certainly under appreciated in the National eye because of it. I'd hate to be tagged and stuck there too if I wanted out but you are getting paid nicely for it and you knew this is what it was when you came into the league. Just don't be so childish about it lol

9 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I think it's just the Jacksonville culture if being mostly losers outside of 1 season in recent years is getting to Ngakoue. He should be handling it much better than he has though.

Yeah....They got paid.

6 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

I mean I get it for sure, they haven't had a lot of success or national attention, he's certainly under appreciated in the National eye because of it. I'd hate to be tagged and stuck there too if I wanted out but you are getting paid nicely for it and you knew this is what it was when you came into the league. Just don't be so childish about it lol

Yeah, his actions may have turned off a few potential teams.

I think he gets traded before the NFL gets back to business as usual though.

I'm not a cap guy. I have no idea how we would pay him. This is for reference on how good of a pass rusher he is, though.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/yannick-ngakoue-free-agency-nfl-team-fits

That distinction belongs to Jacksonville Jaguars‘ Yannick Ngakoue, whose 37 1/2 sacks since entering the NFL rank as the 12th best mark in the entire league since 2016. Of course, we know that raw sack totals don't paint a very vivid picture and can serve as a misleading sample size for a player's ability to generate pressure.

But it’s what makes Ngakoue's 85 quarterback hits over the same timeframe all that much more impressive as only seven NFL defenders have topped that number over the same timeframe. Among them?

• Aaron Donald, 123 QB hits (52 sacks)
  • Chandler Jones, 98 QB hits (60 sacks)
  • Calais Campbell, 98 QB hits (39 1/2 sacks)
  • Cameron Jordan, 97 QB hits (48 sacks)
  • Von Miller, 93 QB hits (46 sacks)
  • Carlos Dunlap, 89 QB hits (32 1/2 sacks)
  • Michael Bennett, 88 QB hits (29 sacks)

That's it. Only Donald, Jones, Campbell, Jordan and Miller have better sack and hit totals than Ngakoue since the former Maryland Terrapin entered the league as a third-round draft selection (69th overall). That group boasts 16 Pro Bowls and nine All-Pro honors combined over the last four seasons. Ngakoue? A single Pro Bowl appearance back in 2017.

Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

Young hasn't played a down in the NFL. They also don't know if they'll be able to keep everyone. 

Young is the 2nd overall pick and is regarded as the #1 prospect in the draft.

The Skins have to at least try to see what they have in him 1st before using another high pick on another edge rusher.