I believe this is DQ's last year. If we don't do great, he'll step down as HC

He isn't going to step down. If he had that much in him, he would have stepped down at the break last season when his team showed how poorly he coaches, schemes, game plans and manages. Instead he was likely convinced to turn over some power and prove even further that he is not only in over his head, but completely inept as the defensive "mastermind" we were all told he is. 

Edited by jstammer

Pete Carroll is not a great strategist. He manages his coaches and he is the team’s biggest cheerleader. If Dan Quinn can do that and win a Super Bowl or two and the team is competitive in the other years like Carroll has done I would be totally good with that. I truly think that is his best role. He can be head coach in title and coach manager/cheerleader in reality forever if he can get that to work as long as he hires good coaches and lets them coach and keeps the players motivated and playing hard.

That was the model for a 6-2 final run last year compared to him actually doing the coaching where we went 2-6. Same players but he took a different role. Truth be told, in the beginning of the season teams wanted to play us to get well and figure things out. By the end of the season, I doubt anybody really wanted to play us. Beat San Francisco and New Orleans convincingly both on the road. If he does all year this year what he did in the second half last year, I think we have a shot to be that team that nobody wants to play. 

One more slow start and Quinn will be gone by game 9.  Remember 1-7 last year? I sure as #$%^ do!  They looked like a div 2 college team in the opener at Minny last year. Not acceptable and I'm sure Blank will be watching very very closely in regard to how the pre season prep is going...if there is a season! 

Quinn needs to win big to survive .We are talking 10-12 wins reg.season and at least 1 playoff win. Can he do it ? I seriously doubt it.He proved he was over his head with last years 1st half. The way we bounced back was great but in a way those were empty wins. We were  already out of the playoff picture.When things go bad during a game Quinn has no idea how to stop the bleeding.

9 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

Pete Carroll is not a great strategist. He manages his coaches and he is the team’s biggest cheerleader. If Dan Quinn can do that and win a Super Bowl or two and the team is competitive in the other years like Carroll has done I would be totally good with that. I truly think that is his best role. He can be head coach in title and coach manager/cheerleader in reality forever if he can get that to work as long as he hires good coaches and lets them coach and keeps the players motivated and playing hard.

That was the model for a 6-2 final run last year compared to him actually doing the coaching where we went 2-6. Same players but he took a different role. Truth be told, in the beginning of the season teams wanted to play us to get well and figure things out. By the end of the season, I doubt anybody really wanted to play us. Beat San Francisco and New Orleans convincingly both on the road. If he does all year this year what he did in the second half last year, I think we have a shot to be that team that nobody wants to play. 

the only problem I have with all of that is the statement "if he hires good coaches and lets them coach" because that's what happened in the superbowl with shanahan....