Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wartownfalcon

Taysom Hill!!!!!

Just now, Dirtybird3 said:

Thought it was a 16 mil one year extension. But either way, he's not a back up qb, considering the positions he plays, and level at which he plays. He earned way more than a matt shaub lol

Definitely agree about his output. I was hoping we would make a push for him...but definitely nowhere near that asking price

1 minute ago, wartownfalcon said:

Definitely agree about his output. I was hoping we would make a push for him...but definitely nowhere near that asking price

He better be playing both sides if im paying him that much, nohomo

1 minute ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Thought it was a 16 mil one year extension. But either way, he's not a back up qb, considering the positions he plays, and level at which he plays. He earned way more than a matt shaub lol

As a pure football player Hill brings more to the table, but he only has 119 yards passing with no passing TD’s for his career. Schaub threw for 460 and a TD in just one game against the Seahawks :lol:

It'll be interesting to see how many snaps he'll get this season.  Paying a guy that much, the aints must know something everyone else doesn't because he's going to have to be called upon much more

1 minute ago, Em_Jae20 said:

It'll be interesting to see how many snaps he'll get this season.  Paying a guy that much, the aints must know something everyone else doesn't because he's going to have to be called upon much more

I literally JUST said that too! Lol

1 hour ago, wartownfalcon said:

This AFTER they offered him a 1yr $4.6M deal previously.

That was the 1st round RFA tender they placed on him, they didn't offer that amount arbitrarily. If he signed and played 2020 on the tender then he would've became an UFA entering the 2021 season and the team loses all leverage in negotiations.

By placing the 1st round tender on him, it guaranteed we wouldn't lose him without hefty compensation in 2020 draft capital if a team were to sign him to an offer sheet and if no team signed him to an offer sheet, then we had the leverage in negotiating a longer deal than the 1-year tender.

1 hour ago, Mister pudding said:

He better be the new TE when he's not quarterbacking. High price tag works for me!

Lucky for us he plays QB, RB, FB, TE, WR, punt protector/up-man, and rushes on punt coverage. He also used to return kick-offs for awhile.

1 hour ago, Dirtybird3 said:

It's two years at $8M per, but could be viewed as a one-year, $16M deal if we go another direction in 2021.

1 hour ago, Dirtybird3 said:

He better be playing both sides if im paying him that much, nohomo

He plays special teams. ;)

1 hour ago, wartownfalcon said:

Actually they beat Minny if Peyton kept using him in that game. He was their only offense that game

At least someone actually watched the game. Here's a clip from Baldy's Breakdown for those that didn't see how much of an impact Taysom had in that game...

Not everything shows up in the box score.

7 hours ago, Drew4719 said:

As a pure football player Hill brings more to the table, but he only has 119 yards passing with no passing TD’s for his career. Schaub threw for 460 and a TD in just one game against the Seahawks :lol:

I'll post em later, but how many games did he play in last year vs shaubs Seattle appearance lol

23 hours ago, Iron Saint said:
On 4/26/2020 at 8:41 PM, wartownfalcon said:

That was the 1st round RFA tender they placed on him, they didn't offer that amount arbitrarily. If he signed and played 2020 on the tender then he would've became an UFA entering the 2021 season and the team loses all leverage in negotiations.

By placing the 1st round tender on him, it guaranteed we wouldn't lose him without hefty compensation in 2020 draft capital if a team were to sign him to an offer sheet and if no team signed him to an offer sheet, then we had the leverage in negotiating a longer deal than the 1-year tender.

My whole thing is, with him Playing so many positions what are they basing his tender on?

On 4/27/2020 at 8:30 PM, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

My whole thing is, with him Playing so many positions what are they basing his tender on?

The tender amount isn’t decided by the team, it’s defined on a year-by-year basis in the CBA.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Yeah, but isn't that rated by the average of the position you play? Is what I am asking. 

Nah, the value of a RFA tender is either a flat-rate across all positions, or 110% of the player's previous season base salary (what they call the "Paragraph 5"), whichever is greater.

The new CBA had the 2020 RFA 1st round tender valued at $4.641M and Taysom's 2019 salary was $645K. 110% of that is $709.5K so the 1st round tender for Taysom was $4.641M. Had 110% of his 2019 salary been greater than that $4.641M number, then that number would've been his tender amount instead.

:)

I think what you're thinking of is the 5th year options for former 1st round picks. The 5th year option for top-10 overall picks is the value of the transition tag for their position (the average of the top-10 salaries in the year the option is exercised, which is why you see teams exercising some of the 5th year options early to avoid that number going up if a player resets the market). The 5th year options for 1st rounders outside of the top-10 is the average of the 3rd through 25th-highest salaries at the player's position.

Edited by Iron Saint

2 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

Nah, the value of a RFA tender is either a flat-rate across all positions, or 110% of the player's previous season base salary (what they call the "Paragraph 5"), whichever is greater.

The new CBA had the 2020 RFA 1st round tender valued at $4.641M and Taysom's 2019 salary was $645K. 110% of that is $709.5K so the 1st round tender for Taysom was $4.641M. Had 110% of his 2019 salary been greater than that $4.641M number, then that number would've been his tender amount instead.

:)

I think what you're thinking of is the 5th year options for former 1st round picks. The 5th year option for top-10 overall picks is the value of the transition tag for their position (the average of the top-10 salaries in the year the option is exercised, which is why you see teams exercising some of the 5th year options early to avoid that number going up if a player resets the market). The 5th year options for 1st rounders outside of the top-10 is the average of the 3rd through 25th-highest salaries at the player's position.

Well the jokes on you, I wasn’t thinking! :lol:

But seriously, I wasn’t sure where the tender number came from so I appreciate that.