Matt Ryan will become the Dan Marino of Atlanta...

If DQ flames out this year he's probably gone and I'd wager a new coach would bring in a new OC so that'd be another coach MR2 would have to get use to. He'll be 35 next month, and he'll turn 36 before the start of next season. Facts are there,  his window is getting smaller and smaller with every year this team wastes

I’m not an apologist for Thomas by any means but he has put two rosters together (2012 and 2016) under two different coaches in 12 years that should have won Suoer Bowls if not for boneheaded coaching decisions. Can’t blame Thomas for either of those. We should have beaten New England and I think we would have drilled Baltimore had we not screwed around and lost to SF in the championship game. 

1 minute ago, marvinthemartian said:

I’m not an apologist for Thomas by any means but he has put two rosters together (2012 and 2016) under two different coaches in 12 years that should have won Suoer Bowls if not for boneheaded coaching decisions. Can’t blame Thomas for either of those. We should have beaten New England and I think we would have drilled Baltimore had we not screwed around and lost to SF in the championship game. 

And I believe our 2017 roster was better than all of them, sans Sark.  

With Shanny, we possibly go undefeated in 2017

7 minutes ago, sappy1 said:

Comparing Dan Marino to Matt Ryan is a HUGE insult to Dan Marino. Marino's arm talent is vastly superior to Ryan's. (Cue Fantasy Football players chirping about stats in 3...2...1).

I believe he was referring to Ryan being a great QB that never gets a ring.

But you can GTFO here with that negativity as well

7 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

I really don't get why people put TD down so much. Do they not realize he was largely responsible for putting together the 2016 roster that should have won a SuperBowl. It's not his fault they squandered it away.

Agreed. TD is far from perfect, and has had issues drafting linemen and blew this year's 1st rounder like a crack pipe. But in Day 2 he hit it out of the park and redeemed himself.

Can we do better than TD? Possibly.

Can we do far worse than TD? Absolutely.

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

And I believe our 2017 roster was better than all of them, sans Sark.  

With Shanny, we possibly go undefeated in 2017

You are right. I forgot that one. 3 Suoer Bowl caliber rosters in 12 years. Not many GMs do that. A few do for sure, but that stat, it could be argued, puts TD in some fairly elite company. 

5 minutes ago, sappy1 said:

Comparing Dan Marino to Matt Ryan is a HUGE insult to Dan Marino. Marino's arm talent is vastly superior to Ryan's. (Cue Fantasy Football players chirping about stats in 3...2...1).

Ryan's no slouch, but I agree that Marino was a far superior QB.

Marino is possibly the best pure passer ever. He was amazing to watch just throwing the ball.

He would've put Brees' stats to shame if he had played in this era. Probably would've gotten a SB or 2 as well.

2 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

You are right. I forgot that one. 3 Suoer Bowl caliber rosters in 12 years. Not many GMs do that. A few do for sure, but that stat, it could be argued, puts TD in some fairly elite company. 

You have to include 2010.  We were the #1 seed.  Pittsburgh played GB in the SB.  We beat GB and lost in OT to the Steelers that year in the regular season.

Clearly they could beat anyone that year

2 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

The moment was too big for Matt Ryan in 2012 imho. He still didn't have that killer instinct and unfortunately neither did the coach. Somebody had to be there to outsmary Matt mucking things up with 'sub-par last minute heroic effort type of plays'. Matt has never consistently excelled at those times until 2016. That is definitely a coaching issue but to me the bigger problem is the same GM who drafted Matt. He's been around long enough to understand how things should work especially with a guy like Matt.

2 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Agreed. TD is far from perfect, and has had issues drafting linemen and blew this year's 1st rounder like a crack pipe. But in Day 2 he hit it out of the park and redeemed himself.

Can we do better than TD? Possibly.

Can we do far worse than TD? Absolutely.

If the Falcons had just milked the clock in SB51, could we be possibly looking at TD as one of the top 3 or 4 best GMs of the past 10 years?

7 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Matt Ryan isn't even the best Falcons QB. That honor goes to Steve Bartkowski. If Bartkowski had gotten to play in a modern offense, with modern rules protecting his knees and his receivers? Matt Ryan would be watching from the bench, guarding the Gatorade.

WRONG