Until these guys go and get a legit NT ...

I can't take them seriously. I LOVE THE FALCONS an all but dang man I am seeing too many smart front office guys with intelligent schemes and scouting departments make magic happen around us while we're still stuck in the Stone Ages in terms of General Management. What's even more horrifying is that there's a brand new stadium that wasn't won with a Super Bowl win but with a vet for one. C'mon guys. Even Tennessee could win a Super Bowl before us now!

WE DON'T HAVE A FRONT OFFICE THAT VALUES LINEMAN OVER SKILL POSITIONS AND ALTHOUGH IT LOOKS AWESOME SHORT-TERM LONG-TERM WE JUST END UP SUCKING MORE .. I always say this about the Falcons year in year out: They are built to entertain. They are built to appear competitive. They are not actually built to win year in year out.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our scheme doesn't call for a prototype Nose Tackle. Stacking the line and not moving back an inch (or FORWARD an inch) is not the way to win in today's pass-first NFL. Inside penetration, collapsing

Ok

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

I can't take them seriously. I LOVE THE FALCONS an all but dang man I am seeing too many smart front office guys with intelligent schemes and scouting departments make magic happen around us while we're still stuck in the Stone Ages in terms of General Management. What's even more horrifying is that there's a brand new stadium that wasn't won with a Super Bowl win but with a vet for one. C'mon guys. Even Tennessee could win a Super Bowl before us now!

WE DON'T HAVE A FRONT OFFICE THAT VALUES LINEMAN OVER SKILL POSITIONS AND ALTHOUGH IT LOOKS AWESOME SHORT-TERM LONG-TERM WE JUST END UP SUCKING MORE .. I always say this about the Falcons year in year out: They are built to entertain. They are built to appear competitive. They are not actually built to win year in year out.

Its frustrating for sure man BUT that being said we just have to wait to see how this current defense plays before we can jump to conclusions.

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Ok

cln.png

3 minutes ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

Our scheme doesn't call for a prototype Nose Tackle. Stacking the line and not moving back an inch (or FORWARD an inch) is not the way to win in today's pass-first NFL. Inside penetration, collapsing the pocket, denying the opposing QB the opportunity to step up in the pocket to avoid outside pressure--- THAT is the way defense is played in the 21st century.

Learn to football.

5 minutes ago, jetpac said:

Its frustrating for sure man BUT that being said we just have to wait to see how this current defense plays before we can jump to conclusions.

cln.png

I’m so deep in your head it’s ridiculous. You’re embarrassing yourself. Stop blowing up my notifications every single day kid

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I’m so deep in your head it’s ridiculous. You’re embarrassing yourself. Stop blowing up my notifications every single day kid

Ma'am you live on this board. I visit, there's a difference. Get off yourself lmfao.

The Grady-Davison duo in base defense last year was actually quite decent. Ask the Eagles and Colts vaunted offensive lines. They struggled to establish much of anything between the tackles when Grady-Davison were on the field. 

The coverage last year was cheeks. I’m on board with adding a playmaking safety as well as hoping that none of our linebackers look as bad in coverage as Campbell was last year. If the back 7 improves in coverage duties, then that’ll really go a long way I believe.

18 minutes ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

Lot of truth in this post bro. Truth hurts and is especially painful for blind loyal TATF Homer Trolls. Get ready to get raked my friend. Good luck!

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

The Falcons have focused on the lines a lot lately. Two 1st round O-lineman last year. The 2nd round pick this year was DL, 3rd round this year was OL. Hard to complain about that.

See. It's sad that we have to have moments of time over the years where we "focus on the lines" like this should be a THING TO DO BASED ON NEED. Smh. It's sad it really it is. I call it the  "Duane Brown vs. Sam Baker" Theory: whereas even in TD best draft where he grabbed Matt he also REACHED HORRIBLY for Sam Baker. I mean that in terms of both the player AND the cap space. Duane Brown was drafted one pick after USC's Baker out of V-Tech. What's worse is that he was in the same conference as Matt so I would think a guy like Dimitrioff who was touted for his Patriot-tenure would notice the durability of a guy like Brown over Baker. So although he knocked it out of the park with Matt he totally bombed with Baker. And by that I mean moreso with the cap as well. Everytime TD misses out on some project of a draft pick it causes us to lean on veteran play more and more. Some years too much! Why? Because of the "Duane Brown - Sam Baker" Theory.. Thomas Dimitrioff is a sub-par Drafting type GM he's not God he just drafted Matt Ryan !!

Edited by Hurry_Up_And_Buy
26 minutes ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

K

5 minutes ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

See. It's sad that we have to have moments of time over the years where we "focus on the lines" like this should be a THING TO DO BASED ON NEED. Smh. It's sad it really it is. I call it the  "Duane Brown vs. Sam Baker" Theory: whereas even in TD best draft where he grabbed Matt he also REACHED HORRIBLY for Sam Baker. I mean that in terms of both the player AND the cap space. Duane Brown was drafted one pick after USC's Baker out of V-Tech. What's worse is that he was in the same conference as Matt so I would think a guy like Dimitrioff who was touted for his Patriot-tenure would notice the durability of a guy like Brown over Baker. So although he knocked it out of the park with Matt he totally bombed with Baker. And by that I mean moreso with the cap as well. Everytime TD misses out on some project of a draft pick it causes us to lean on veteran play more and more. Some years too much! Why? Because of the "Duane Brown - Sam Baker" Theory.. Thomas Dimitrioff is a sub-par Drafting type GM he's not God he just drafted Matt Ryan !!

No team drafts perfect. But if you look over TD's tenure you will find it's pretty good compared to the rest of the league. In hindsight it's easy to pick apart the mistakes. At the time Sam Baker was drafted it was intended to protect the asset of just drafting Ryan. I agree it was a bad move to give Baker the big contract he ended up getting. In TD's defense Baker played well in that contract year prior. 

9 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

No team drafts perfect. But if you look over TD's tenure you will find it's pretty good compared to the rest of the league. In hindsight it's easy to pick apart the mistakes. At the time Sam Baker was drafted it was intended to protect the asset of just drafting Ryan. I agree it was a bad move to give Baker the big contract he ended up getting. In TD's defense Baker played well in that contract year prior. 

Sackmaker was a classic Dimi needs based panic move. Traded two seconds and a fourth for a T-Rex. Passed on Duane Brown who was clearly the BPA at that position when Dimi made the move. Weiner ended up covering the LT spot in 2008. Sackmaker sucked monkey balls for most of his career. Then got another fat contract we ended up paying dead money on. His dad might have had some influence on that. Troffed.

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Sackmaker was a classic Dimi needs based panic move. Traded two seconds and a fourth for a T-Rex. Passed on Duane Brown who was clearly the BPA at that position when Dimi made the move. Weiner ended up covering the LT spot in 2008. Sackmaker sucked monkey balls for most of his career. Then got another fat contract we ended up paying dead money on. His dad might have had some influence on that. Troffed.

We may have Arthur Blank to blame for that. Wasn't he friends with Bakers dad if I'm not mistaken? Heck, he might have been the one that wanted him drafted. Idk. 

26 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

We may have Arthur Blank to blame for that. Wasn't he friends with Bakers dad if I'm not mistaken? Heck, he might have been the one that wanted him drafted. Idk. 

If Dimi traded two seconds and a fourth for Sackmaker, passed on Duane Brown and re-signed him on a big contract, then he truly is the puppet I always thought he was. Definitely not the master roster builder TATF keeps telling me he is. Trust me.

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

If Dimi traded two seconds and a fourth for Sackmaker, passed on Duane Brown and re-signed him on a big contract, then he truly is the puppet I always thought he was. Definitely not the master roster builder TATF keeps telling me he is. Trust me.

I think at that time Blank had a lot of say on the roster. As time has gone by he has relinquished that. I could be wrong but I truely believe Blank had a lot to do with the pick and probably the contract later on too.

If I was in TD's shoes at the time I would have done exactly what Mr. Blank wanted if that was the case. He's the boss. He writes the checks. It is his team. Not to mention TD was brand new at the position so he didn't have a whole lot of credibility going into the first draft. TD isn't perfect. The Falcons could possibly do better, they could also do a whole lot worse. 

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Lot of truth in this post bro. Truth hurts and is especially painful for blind loyal TATF Homer Trolls. Get ready to get raked my friend. Good luck!

Why? Because once upon a time in 2011 we took a hood ornament? This makes this thread true? Since JJ was drafted, the Falcons have spent 6 out of their last 10 first round picks (and Konz in 2012) on OL or DL. Not the flashy positions. Offensive line and defensive line. If you don't like the picks, complain about them. But regurgitating falsehoods doesn't help

1 hour ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

A big steaming plate of STFU and a side of Stop Hijacking Threads.

The OP is ridiculous, and knows nothing. Shred him mercilessly on that. Or be nice and educate him. Or just ignore him and click over to the next topic.

But this pansy-a$$ passive/aggressive no-answer bull-feces type of hijacking is abhorrent, and worse by far than the OP's idiocy.

you didn't answer the question, what did you have for dinner?

:lol:

and for the record, posts like these don't make us suddenly think "OMG HE"S RIGHT! I GOTTA STOP DOING THAT" 

it makes us start digging through the photo albums....just cause it's fun to piss off the folks who don't like it 

:lol:

:tiphat: