Tony Pauline's last mock draft had:

Tony Pauline's last mock had the Raiders taking AJ Terrell at 19 and Marlin Davidson going rd1. 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/final-nfl-mock-draft-2020-tony-pauline/

I really wanted Kinlaw and I thought AJ was a reach...at first...now I'm starting to see that many scouts did have him going in Rd 1 and I'm pleasantly surprised with both picks. Both guys appear to be dogs and very high potential. 

So anyway..for what it's worth I posted the link.   

(Also majority of the last NFL.com mocks had AJ going Rd 1.)

So I'm hopeful. 

1 minute ago, hollywood said:

Tony Pauline's last mock had the Raiders taking AJ Terrell at 19 and Marlin Davidson going rd1. 

I really wanted Kinlaw and I thought AJ was a reach...at first...now I'm starting to see that many scouts did have him going in Rd 1 and I'm pleasantly surprised with both picks. Both guys appear to be dogs and very high potential. 

So I'm hopeful. 

I just wanna be wrong about AJ Terrell I hate the pick. Loved the Hennessy pick though.

25 minutes ago, hollywood said:

So I'm hopeful. 

He also had Hennessy as a 2nd Rounder. The Falcons had a 2nd Round grade on Hennessy, too. As far as Terrell, I loved the pick and was trying to relay this information to the peeps during the meltdown. Terrell being a mid-first rounder was known in certain circles days before the draft, but not everyone had caught on. Though there was some depth to the class, there was a significant drop off after Terrell and not everyone of the CBs available fit what Atlanta wants to do.

Everyone needs to stop getting caught up by where "experts" expect players to go. Trust the people on your favorite team to make the right choices for their team. After all. Who knows what the Falcons need and who fits best there more than TD and DQ?

If I was a expert in automobiles would you want me to pick out your next vehicle for you? Maybe I could do a good job. But maybe I don't know enough about your needs or wants to make that choice. You have a long commute to work so I got you a Prius but you wanted a lifted Ford diesel. 

27 minutes ago, Jerry Maguire said:

He also had Hennessy as a 2nd Rounder. The Falcons had a 2nd Round grade on Hennessy, too. As far as Terrell, I loved the pick and was trying to relay this information to the peeps during the meltdown. Terrell being a mid-first rounder was known in certain circles days before the draft, but not everyone had caught on. Though there was some depth to the class, there was a significant drop off after Terrell and not everyone of the CBs available fit what Atlanta wants to do.

From everything that I've read the difference in opinion seems to be heavily based on their game against LSU. Those who viewed that game as the best example of who he is as a player, gave him terrible grades, while those who looked at his whole body of work graded him higher.

1 minute ago, hjerry said:

From everything that I've read the difference in opinion seems to be heavily based on their game against LSU. Those who viewed that game as the best example of who he is as a player, gave him terrible grades, while those who looked at his whole body of work graded him higher.

now there you go posting that common sense stuff again, you'll never learn will ya

:lol:

9 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

They would have lit up okudah too

maybe so but also , Terrell had a few good plays against LSU too that gets a little overlooked.   I went back and watched what I could find on Terrell at the combine and he is really smooth.... really smooth in his back peddle and flipping his hips.  I see the traits they like now.  

Edited by hollywood

19 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Everyone needs to stop getting caught up by where "experts" expect players to go. Trust the people on your favorite team to make the right choices for their team. After all. Who knows what the Falcons need and who fits best there more than TD and DQ?

If I was a expert in automobiles would you want me to pick out your next vehicle for you? Maybe I could do a good job. But maybe I don't know enough about your needs or wants to make that choice. You have a long commute to work so I got you a Prius but you wanted a lifted Ford diesel. 

Nah... I mean if I'm a Packer fan I would be totally ticked off right about now. A QB in rd 1 and no wide receivers?   If Im a Miami fan I would have been mad they passed on Ryan for a tackle whose out of the league now... and on and on.  BUT I do agree, now with the evidence from those experts, I do think TD and DQ did a good job of fit/need.  

Edited by hollywood

3 minutes ago, hollywood said:

Nah... I mean if I'm a Packer fan I would be totally ticked off right about now. A QB in rd  If Im a Miami fan I would have been mad they passed on Ryan for a tackle out of the league now... and on and on.   For most of the "experts" like Daniel Jeremiah, Bucky Brooks, Tony Pauline, Jim Nagy...etc it has been there job at some point too....even Mike Mayock.  So I agree 

Very questionable draft for the Packers for sure. I don't get it. Then again I don't know what's going on there. Is Rodgers burning bridges there?

I also think people want the flavor of the week. Mahomes is the flavor of the week so everyone wants their version of him.

Also picking a QB and letting him sit a few years behind Brett Favre worked out well for them in the past. 

10 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Very questionable draft for the Packers for sure. I don't get it. Then again I don't know what's going on there. Is Rodgers burning bridges there?

I also think people want the flavor of the week. Mahomes is the flavor of the week so everyone wants their version of him.

Also picking a QB and letting him sit a few years behind Brett Favre worked out well for them in the past. 

yeah, that did work out for them the last time but just crazy that they made it as far as they did in the play-offs and then not to address the positions that would aid in furthering the current offense.  Crazy. BUT you have a point Rodgers may be burning some bridges. 

59 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Yeah. But if I said I didn't want Patrick Peterson because Julio Jones lit him up a couple times I wouldn't be employed as a GM. If that game is a best example of who he is as a player, then being on an island and playing hip to hip with the best WR in college football the entire game means he can be special.

2 hours ago, hjerry said:

I've also seen it mentioned that he played that game while ill with a high fever.  Don't know if true but it would certainly explain why his game was off.

I do know that the Raiders fully intended to take him at #19. He was NOT going to make it past Raiders.

3 hours ago, hjerry said:

Yeah, that's an almost universal comment by the armchair GMs here- looked bad in his last game. Never mind he was the starting corner who took the best WR for 2 years on a a team that went 29-1, with a national championship. They were in back to back championship games, if the games had been reversed, people here would be thrilled with the pick- he had a pick 6 in that game.