Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ADAMSVILLE GYM

AJ Terrell film breakdown (19:00 minutes)

12 minutes ago, jetpac said:

I’m not trying to hate on the pick, I hate the pick. Just like I hated the Oliver pick two years ago and the Collins pick before that, getting the theme here? These guys aren’t playmakers, they just fit the mold of taller and fast CBs. Terrell is a project, you don’t go project in the first round. Can’t wait to see y’all’s reactions in here when you realize what most of us are telling you. 

Most 1st round picks are still projects though to a degree.

Even Burrow will have to develop into a high end NFL QB.

1 hour ago, LightningDawg58 said:

This! I made sure to watch every snap of that LSU game and like my guy in the video says, "sheeple" talk about 3 plays but go quiet on the reps he won against Chase.

The only reason he was still there at 16 is those 3 plays.  Fortunately, we saw he was in great position in those 3 plays and we saw the other ~2500 college snaps he played.

1 hour ago, E. T. said:

Anybody here willing to say Terrell will be an upgrade to Trufant? Reason I say that is because his coverage is much more stickier, he closes the gap much faster, and he's more physical. Not knocking Trufant completely, but he just wasn't the same player after his injuries and that is understandable.  

Trufant to me was a guy that a lot of times, played a little too loose and just assumed he could make up ground with his speed and close. Sometimes it worked, but I felt like he carried that habit in college into the pros and never really shed it. He fell off significantly and to me at least, was pretty soft. If Terrell can be good in coverage and has at least some element of physicality, he will be an upgrade for sure, but I doubt that happens overnight.

34 minutes ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

None of this made any sense at all. Do you even uderstand football? 

I understand football. Enlighten me on where you got lost?  Never mind i'll help you.

Jalen Collins 6'2 - 198 pounds
Isiah Oliver  6'0 - 192 pounds
AJ Terrell -6'1 - 194 pounds

No go reread my post, if you still can't understand it I don't know what to tell you.

43 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

No

Hush child.

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

He is nothing like Alford. Alford was a ver good cover corner, AJ is more of man corner. More physical at the line. He needs to clean up the finish. He is more ready than Alford, playing in a pro style team.

This, although grabby, ALF made plays. That said I disagree completely with more ready than Alford.

48 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Most 1st round picks are still projects though to a degree.

Even Burrow will have to develop into a high end NFL QB.

I can agree with this. BUT with that amount of talent left on the board, I think at 16 BPA would have been better. IMO.

1 minute ago, jetpac said:

I understand football. Enlighten me on where you got lost?  Never mind i'll help you.

No go reread my post, if you still can't understand it I don't know what to tell you.

Hush child.

This, although grabby, ALF made plays. That said I disagree completely with more ready than Alford.

Looks like you're trying to repeat what you think you heard somebody ele say. You need to stop ear hustling and ask questions about things you don't know. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

Looks like you're trying to repeat what you think you heard somebody ele say. You need to stop ear hustling and ask questions about things you don't know. 

Yea this made no sense. I hear you though man, logic isn't for everybody. Sorry.

EDIT: 

I'll add another 2 cents, I've been on this board since 03' I rarely post much usually lurk. One thing I've always lived by; opinions are just that. OPINIONS. I would love to be wrong and eat crow, WOULD LOVE IT. I think too many times on this board if you go against popular opinion its hostility. Its cool bro, you can have your opinion nothing wrong with that. 

Edited by jetpac

9 minutes ago, jetpac said:

Hush child.

Lol you understand football because you can read someone height and weight. Wow look at that haha

Just now, youngbloodz said:

Lol you understand football because you can read someone height and weight. Wow look at that haha

Still didn't read I see. Try again.

Here is why saying Terell is a project is stupid.

He was a starter on a big time college program that had the spot light shined right on him.

There are things that he needs to improve on but that goes for every one that is drafted...it does not make him a project.

Terrell is not a project and he is not raw.
He is not done MATURING as a player, but he isnt a project.

Projects need to be broken down and rebuilt from scratch. (ie position change, body/weight development, or never played your scheme before)

Raw means talented but unrefined.

Terrell is neither. He has 1-2 small bad habits that dont surface often. As a young player, he has the time to continue developing discipline with those habits.

Oliver was raw, Collins was raw. Both became good players by year 2. Collins off the field stuff hurt him, but on the field he was looking good.

Both are bad examples to prove a point because

A) they both developed in to good players

and B )Terrell is more complete now than both were entering the league. 

Saying Terrell is a project is like saying every NFL rookie is a project. Dabo Swinney put him on an island against Chase. How many CBs in college would a Head Coach trust with that assignment? He played three years under a great DC who asked him to play a lot of different coverages against some of the best college programs in the country. He's one of the most pro-ready CBs to come out.

1 hour ago, jetpac said:

I’m not trying to hate on the pick, I hate the pick. Just like I hated the Oliver pick two years ago and the Collins pick before that, getting the theme here? These guys aren’t playmakers, they just fit the mold of taller and fast CBs. Terrell is a project, you don’t go project in the first round. Can’t wait to see y’all’s reactions in here when you realize what most of us are telling you. 

A project??  WTF??

The kid has arguably the best overall technique of any CB in the draft. Even Deion Sanders acknowledges this.  Silky-smooth feet and hips, turns his head, superb mirror speed and closing speed, body control, size, exceptional length, and a great fearless tackler.

The #2 overall college defense and defensive coordinator put this kid on an island against every #1 receiver of every team they faced, and in 426 coverage snaps in 15 games, he only gave up 23 receptions and 3 TD’s, 2 of which were in one game against J’Marr Chase.

And you think this guy is a “project”??

LOL, dude you are really bad at this and should stop posting.

2 hours ago, jetpac said:

This ^^

4 hours ago, E. T. said:

Anybody here willing to say Terrell will be an upgrade to Trufant? Reason I say that is because his coverage is much more stickier, he closes the gap much faster, and he's more physical. Not knocking Trufant completely, but he just wasn't the same player after his injuries and that is understandable.  

Yes he's an upgrade

Like he alluded to in the video, we don't know exactly what techniques he being coached to use.  From what I see he has all the tools and athletic ability to be the best player in this draft, but it will be up to him and our defensive staff to bring that out of him

Great job on the break-down! This and my Clemson fan nephew  really encouraged me about this pick over the "reach whiners" on this board who know better than the pros!

3 hours ago, Beef said:

A project??  WTF??

The kid has arguably the best overall technique of any CB in the draft. Even Deion Sanders acknowledges this.  Silky-smooth feet and hips, turns his head, superb mirror speed and closing speed, body control, size, exceptional length, and a great fearless tackler.

The #2 overall college defense and defensive coordinator put this kid on an island against every #1 receiver of every team they faced, and in 426 coverage snaps in 15 games, he only gave up 23 receptions and 3 TD’s, 2 of which were in one game against J’Marr Chase.

And you think this guy is a “project”??

LOL, dude you are really bad at this and should stop posting.

I cool down and like the pick now..he is not a project . the only thing is he is going to get tested early and more often that he did in clemson ... but that is understandable.. let him grow and I think with oliver they are going to be good this year...