So who would you have selected in the 1st ?

22 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I think everyone was wrong about San Francisco. We should have been mindful when Buckner was traded, that they needed to replace him.

In looking back it is interesting to think about how Staley's retirement and the trade for Williams impacted their decision to move down.  I thought Kinlaw was in play but had a deal not been in place for Williams, I think they could have easily went with Wirfs at 14.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ceedee Lamb is I’m being honest 

If Falcons were picking a CB at 16: Terrell. K’lavon reminds me of Vic Beasley lite.  I thought 49ers would pick a WR but **** they grabbed Kinlaw.

Kenneth Murray. Him and Deion running sideline to sideline would have been amazing. 

39 minutes ago, autigerfan said:

In looking back it is interesting to think about how Staley's retirement and the trade for Williams impacted their decision to move down.  I thought Kinlaw was in play but had a deal not been in place for Williams, I think they could have easily went with Wirfs at 14.

True, but replacing Buckner was probably a higher priority. I think Staley was on the fence, and the trade for Williams helped him make his decision. Lynch was busy.

On 4/26/2020 at 11:21 PM, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

CeeDee Lamb is a top 5 talent at #16.  If you are drafting BPA, that's the pick. Cowboys lost half of their Defense in free agency and they drafted Lamb. Flat out steal. 

I like the AJ Terrell pick so I'm not complaining.

But, Atlanta could have drafted him and traded him or Ridley for an NFL proven CB. Lots of possibilities. You can be creative. 

Not a comical idea though.

Ceedee being top 5 talent is a little out there. First time I’ve heard that. Either way that’s debatable if he was BPA. Some had Chaisson. 

Cowboys signed a bunch of guys too including Gerald McCoy and D. Poe. They are a relented team.  

So let me get this straight. We draft a WR in 1st to trade him or Ridley for a CB? That’s nuts bro. I don’t think that would be in the realm of reality when we just traded one of our WRs to push Ridley into #2 role. 

3 hours ago, Stryka said:

Ceedee being top 5 talent is a little out there. First time I’ve heard that. Either way that’s debatable if he was BPA. Some had Chaisson. 

Cowboys signed a bunch of guys too including Gerald McCoy and D. Poe. They are a relented team.  

So let me get this straight. We draft a WR in 1st to trade him or Ridley for a CB? That’s nuts bro. I don’t think that would be in the realm of reality when we just traded one of our WRs to push Ridley into #2 role. 

It's maybe nuts to you. But, they could have traded for a proven NFL ready CB, instead of taking an unkown in Terrell. 

Like I said,  i'm not unhappy with how the Falcons drafted.

So, trade Ridley......you have Julio and Cee Dee Lamb as your #1 and #2.  You have an NFL proven CB you traded for to join the 2 young corners the team has. 

6 minutes ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

It's maybe nuts to you. But, they could have traded for a proven NFL ready CB, instead of taking an unkown in Terrell. 

Like I said,  i'm not unhappy with how the Falcons drafted.

So, trade Ridley......you have Julio and Cee Dee Lamb as your #1 and #2.  You have an NFL proven CB you traded for to join the 2 young corners the team has. 

That’s assuming somebody is going to give us a starting CB? You see how many good CBs are in the league compared to good WRs? 

It’s still kinda unheard of unless we talking madden. Which corner? I’m curious as to what you would have liked to do if it were feasible. 

I have a feeling we all will be glad with the  picks we got.. No I didn't want AJ ,, But he was probably the pick we should have taken..  a Great CB can help a team win a lot of games..  By shutting down  an opposing  #1 WR .. That's a pretty big deal ...... Yes.. i wanted Blacklock  or Kinlaw. But I'm going to trust in the FO ,, I cant see the reasoning ..... Getting  Davidson made me feel a lot better about the first move....  Plus the players we picked up after the draft also confirmed the moves we made in the draft..  So ,, I'm excited about the gets....

34 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I have a feeling we all will be glad with the  picks we got.. No I didn't want AJ ,, But he was probably the pick we should have taken..  a Great CB can help a team win a lot of games..  By shutting down  an opposing  #1 WR .. That's a pretty big deal ...... Yes.. i wanted Blacklock  or Kinlaw. But I'm going to trust in the FO ,, I cant see the reasoning ..... Getting  Davidson made me feel a lot better about the first move....  Plus the players we picked up after the draft also confirmed the moves we made in the draft..  So ,, I'm excited about the gets....

I think AJ is really going to be good man. We’ll know soon enough 

Knowing what i know now and that the Eagles called and offered  21 a 3rd and a 4th  to jump ahead of Dallas for Lamb.  I would have taken that offer even if i couldn't get the 2nd that i wanted that i can't blame TD for trying for.    Then at 21 i would have taken Winfield, Murray, Queen, or Johnson probably.  I thought very highly of the middle of this drafts talent level in the 1st 4 rounds so those 2 extra picks would have been to enticing for me not to take.  Even more so when i know how deep the CB group is and think i could still get a very comparable one later.

Based on how many of the early draft picks from 2017 had their 5th year options declined should show you how ridiculous it is to judge a draft the week after... Do it for fun and discussion, but some are taking these evaluations too seriously without an NFL snap

5 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

he doesn't really project to be anything special at either position, just a rotational guy on the IDL most likely

Surely you don't have anywhere near enough data to make any kind of accurate projection on this guy? No jumps, no 3 cone, no pro day. Even with the 40, they made him restart 3 times and he only ran once - he's been timed in the 4.7's at Auburn during spring testing. Not to mention being played out of position for most of his college career.

2 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

Surely you don't have anywhere near enough data to make any kind of accurate projection on this guy? No jumps, no 3 cone, no pro day. Even with the 40, they made him restart 3 times and he only ran once - he's been timed in the 4.7's at Auburn during spring testing. Not to mention being played out of position for most of his college career.

I wasn't even looking at athletic testing fam

25 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

production

Out of all our draft picks I think he has the widest range of outcomes because you're projecting him to a different role in the NFL. How is he going to hold up against the run inside? Most of his snaps came outside and whilst the few snaps you do see him going up against interior linemen are really promising, you just don't see enough of them. His traits project nicely inside but it's a projection. 

He could end up the best 3 tech in this class and at any other program he's likely a 1st round pick.

5 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

Out of all our draft picks I think he has the widest range of outcomes because you're projecting him to a different role in the NFL. How is he going to hold up against the run inside? Most of his snaps came outside and whilst the few snaps you do see him going up against interior linemen are really promising, you just don't see enough of them. His traits project nicely inside but it's a projection. 

He could end up the best 3 tech in this class and at any other program he's likely a 1st round pick.

alternatively, if he played for a school that didn't have the kind of talent around him that he had at auburn, he might not have even put up the kind of production he did, which was already mediocre, and he wouldn't have even been considered on day 2 because of the lack of prestige bias clouding GMs' minds.

He could end up the best 3 tech in this class because this 3 tech class was downright terrible. If he's the best one it's because James Lynch (who I like) and Jordan Elliott (who PFF loves) just didn't work out and Davidson happened to get enough playing time to do something while nobody else did.

also I really don't care about how he holds up against the run. I've got a very Jim Johnson like mentality about DLinemen, give me pass rush or I don't care