So who would you have selected in the 1st ?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ceedee Lamb is I’m being honest 

If Falcons were picking a CB at 16: Terrell. K’lavon reminds me of Vic Beasley lite.  I thought 49ers would pick a WR but **** they grabbed Kinlaw.

Kenneth Murray. Him and Deion running sideline to sideline would have been amazing. 

5 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Fixt.

Now, may I ask why you would draft a guy who was torched repeatedly, and watched time and time and time again as his receiver pranced into the end zone? Dude was/is/will-be hapless and hopeless.

Lost a few reps to the best wr/qb combo in college footbal l, while ignoring all the ones he won. Recency bias at its finest.

For anyone talking about CeeDee Lamb, wth are you thinking? A 3rd wide receiver is a luxury. You guys are like Matt Millen. That wide out would be on offense “maybe” 55-60% of the time. That Corner will be on defense 100% of the time. I don’t care about the year after next, I care about next year and competing. A good corner is WAY more valuable than a 3rd wide receiver next year, I don’t care if he is Randy Moss-like. Not to mention we normally can move the ball well anyway, but couldn’t stop anyone. 

and if you don’t think AJ is a good corner, ok, but you also don’t know how Lamb is going to be in the NFL either. There is no such thing as can’t miss. I’ll take my chances with the corner who was step for step with the Receiver who won the best award for his spot in college being thrown to by the number 1 draft pick/heisman winner, on an island by himself, and still wasn’t burnt and competed and even broke up passes to Chase. He’s the number 1 lockdown corner, playing man on a zone defense on the 2nd ranked defense in college football. Yeah, I’ll take my chances with him. 

2 minutes ago, Des-pool said:

For anyone talking about CeeDee Lamb, wth are you thinking? A 3rd wide receiver is a luxury. You guys are like Matt Millen. That wide out would be on offense “maybe” 55-60% of the time. That Corner will be on defense 100% of the time. I don’t care about the year after next, I care about next year and competing. A good corner is WAY more valuable than a 3rd wide receiver next year, I don’t care if he is Randy Moss-like. Not to mention we normally can move the ball well anyway, but couldn’t stop anyone. 

and if you don’t think AJ is a good corner, ok, but you also don’t know how Lamb is going to be in the NFL either. There is no such thing as can’t miss. I’ll take my chances with the corner who was step for step with the Receiver who won the best award for his spot in college being thrown to by the number 1 draft pick/heisman winner, on an island by himself, and still wasn’t burnt and competed and even broke up passes to Chase. He’s the number 1 lockdown corner, playing man on a zone defense on the 2nd ranked defense in college football. Yeah, I’ll take my chances with him. 

I’m fine with the squad we got honestly. Ceedee Lamb is ok, but he is one of the very few I can get tired of hearing about fast. I also don’t think he’s better than Ridley. 

WR: Julio, Ridley, Gage, Treadwell

TE: Hurst, Pinkney

Yeah, Pinkney

3 hours ago, Des-pool said:

in 2019 the Falcons had 3 or more WRs on the field for 722 of their 1,089 offensive plays run. 66.30% of offensive plays utilized 3 or more WRs, and that was without an actual good 3rd WR after week 7. Through the first 7 weeks when Sanu was still with the team, there were 3+ WRs on the field for 302/440 offensive plays, or 68.6%. So I'd imagine if Lamb was on the team, Koetter would be inclined to want to use 3+ receiver sets a little more. I mean in 2018 when Todd Monken was the primary play caller for Tampa Bay and they could field 3 genuinely good WRs, they ran 3+ receiver sets on 74.14% of their offensive plays.

Also to say something like "we normally can move the ball well" seems odd when we were 15th in the league in yards per play, tied for 12th in the league in offensive success rate, and 15th in offensive DVOA. 13th ranked adjusted sack rate, Matt finished 14th in DYAR, there isn't really a way to look at our offense and see it as top 10 in the NFL, much less this "move the ball at ease" level of unstoppable that you're implying with this line.

Using the whole "he shut down this awesome receiver prospect" argument is pretty meaningless tbh. Cam Dantzler shut down Chase too. Let's also not forget how Greedy Williams shut down Metcalf. How's that playing out in the NFL so far?

In my real-time draft I took Chaisson in the 1st but quickly found myself in a corner conundrum. Miller is going to play close to 100% of our defensive snaps. Not many, if any, guys on the board at that point could provide that level of contribution. 

You see a similar theme with most of our former 1st rounders under TD - there is a definite preference to guys who can stay on the field. 

23 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

in 2019 the Falcons had 3 or more WRs on the field for 722 of their 1,089 offensive plays run. 66.30% of offensive plays utilized 3 or more WRs, and that was without an actual good 3rd WR after week 7. Through the first 7 weeks when Sanu was still with the team, there were 3+ WRs on the field for 302/440 offensive plays, or 68.6%. So I'd imagine if Lamb was on the team, Koetter would be inclined to want to use 3+ receiver sets a little more. I mean in 2018 when Todd Monken was the primary play caller for Tampa Bay and they could field 3 genuinely good WRs, they ran 3+ receiver sets on 74.14% of their offensive plays.

Also to say something like "we normally can move the ball well" seems odd when we were 15th in the league in yards per play, tied for 12th in the league in offensive success rate, and 15th in offensive DVOA. 13th ranked adjusted sack rate, Matt finished 14th in DYAR, there isn't really a way to look at our offense and see it as top 10 in the NFL, much less this "move the ball at ease" level of unstoppable that you're implying with this line.

Using the whole "he shut down this awesome receiver prospect" argument is pretty meaningless tbh. Cam Dantzler shut down Chase too. Let's also not forget how Greedy Williams shut down Metcalf. How's that playing out in the NFL so far?

When you have no running game, yeah you are going to throw the ball more. How did that work out for Tampa again? How many games did they win? Division champs, right?? Playoffs? Super Bowl? 

Nothing you said refutes what I said. A good, starting corner is better to have than a number 3 receiver. Especially on a team with a decent number 3 with potential already and another brought in to push/replace. And yes, 100% is > 66%, or even 74%, especially when that number 3 is the the third to fourth primary target in your offense. Taylor Gabriel is arguably the best number 3 we have had(at least, used the best) and a good starting corner is better to have th an him. 

Also, the Falcons offense was average the first half of the season because....our defense was so bad and couldn’t stop anyone, therefore making our offense predictable because we were having to play catch up. Field a better defense, and your offense will get better because they become less predictable in what they do. Everyone knew we were throwing. 

So no, we didn’t need another friggin wide receiver....we did however need another corner and a DT/DE. If we were not in love with the DT/DE’s(which still will not be on the field as much as a starting corner) at the spit we were picking, then yeah, go corner. Or trade down. We decided corner was a priority, so be it. It’s not really that much of a gamble. Not like getting a third wide receiver, lol.

48 minutes ago, Des-pool said:

Also, the Falcons offense was average the first half of the season because....our defense was so bad and couldn’t stop anyone, therefore making our offense predictable because we were having to play catch up. Field a better defense, and your offense will get better because they become less predictable in what they do. Everyone knew we were throwing. 

So no, we didn’t need another friggin wide receiver....we did however need another corner and a DT/DE. If we were not in love with the DT/DE’s(which still will not be on the field as much as a starting corner) at the spit we were picking, then yeah, go corner. Or trade down. We decided corner was a priority, so be it. It’s not really that much of a gamble. Not like getting a third wide receiver, lol.

I still feel like Free Safety is very limited and with a few changes, will now be exposed. 

15 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Ceedee Lamb is I’m being honest 

A stronger GM and HC could have taken him and been able to justify it.   A new HC or GM could have too...

I'm not a big fan of WR's that high, but..... Lamb was clearly the best player available.   Drafting blue chippers like Lamb is always the best way to go.

Because at some point..... maybe even next draft.... the Falcons will be looking for another WR.   Heck, maybe another CB too, because to me, Terrell is not much better than being a JAG type player.  The kind you can find in FA for 5-6 million per.   Lamb has Pro Bowl potential.

16 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Chaisson. Could fill the SLB role as well as edge rusher.

There is that, too. Plus Chaisson is only 20 yrs old, B-day in July.  Talk about potential.....

Chaisson could have taken on Campbell's role as a part time pass rusher.

BTW did you see the ATHLETIC article on these boards talking about TD's draft history?   Out of 90 some-odd picks, TD has drafted like 24 DB"s?   Four DB's in the first two rounds since Quinn got here?   Not to mention the several DB's TD has traded for....

15 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

A stronger GM and HC could have taken him and been able to justify it.   A new HC or GM could have too...

I'm not a big fan of WR's that high, but..... Lamb was clearly the best player available.   Drafting blue chippers like Lamb is always the best way to go.

Because at some point..... maybe even next draft.... the Falcons will be looking for another WR.   Heck, maybe another CB too, because to me, Terrell is not much better than being a JAG type player.  The kind you can find in FA for 5-6 million per.   Lamb has Pro Bowl potential.

I really believe Terrell can be a high end corner. Possibly pro bowl caliber player. Ceedee can be an All Pro WR. And yes next year I believe a WR will be high on our list. I don’t think corner will though. Raheem is a great coach. 

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

I really believe Terrell can be a high end corner. Possibly pro bowl caliber player. Ceedee can be an All Pro WR. And yes next year I believe a WR will be high on our list. I don’t think corner will though. Raheem is a great coach. 

You and KOG both like Terrell.   Your endorsements does give me reason to upgrade my opinion of the player.  I just don;t want to see another JA98.

I will point out that.... even without our two former 1st rounders Neal and Trufant....our secondary played much better during the 2nd half of the season.   If Terrell can help maintain that, then at least he isn't a wasted pick.   I HOPE Terrell turns out to be much more... you guys high opinion of Terrell helps.

15 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

There is that, too. Plus Chaisson is only 20 yrs old, B-day in July.  Talk about potential.....

Chaisson could have taken on Campbell's role as a part time pass rusher.

BTW did you see the ATHLETIC article on these boards talking about TD's draft history?   Out of 90 some-odd picks, TD has drafted like 24 DB"s?   Four DB's in the first two rounds since Quinn got here?   Not to mention the several DB's TD has traded for....

Wow

4 hours ago, Kayoh said:

I think you are seriously under-valuing Gage.  He was a very solid #3 once Sanu was traded

Final 9 Games

• 45 Receptions on 67 Targets and 404 Yards. 

• Over 16 Games = 80 Receptions for 790 Yards.  68% Catch Rate

I wasn't a huge fan of the Terrell pick, but I also understood that the Falcons top options were off the board.  And given some of the postscript of learning how for the most part, there was no trade to be made, I don't fault the selection...I fault the draft position for my perception of the pick.  Sometimes, you miss out.  And if the Raiders were truly zeroing in on Terrell at #19, then the Falcons were boxed in.  Obviously they took the top CB on their board.  Don't fault the pick and will simply allow the pre-draft narrative around value to fade away.

2 hours ago, egoprime II said:

You and KOG both like Terrell.   Your endorsements does give me reason to upgrade my opinion of the player.  I just don;t want to see another JA98.

I will point out that.... even without our two former 1st rounders Neal and Trufant....our secondary played much better during the 2nd half of the season.   If Terrell can help maintain that, then at least he isn't a wasted pick.   I HOPE Terrell turns out to be much more... you guys high opinion of Terrell helps.

Oh I agree I don’t want to see another JA98 either. I think he will help out big time. Morris is one of the best DB coaches and now we have Whitt too

2 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

I think Raheem is a HC next year if we make the playoffs