Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GANDI

So who would you have selected in the 1st ?

23 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Fixt.

Now, may I ask why you would draft a guy who was torched repeatedly, and watched time and time and time again as his receiver pranced into the end zone? Dude was/is/will-be hapless and hopeless.

Hopefully you go get yourself "Fixt" we don't need you reproducing, if anyone would allow you to anyway.

38 minutes ago, NaGaBoy said:

It may not be all that.  Everyone has now seen the CBs get grabbed up early and are now glad we grabbed a promising corner when we did.  Same with me.  I did not want to draft a CB at 16.  Now that the draft has played out, I am glad we did.

All the CBs werent grabbed up. That's just propaganda people are spewing. The board actually fell nicely to grab a good CB in the second. 

Now granted, that's hindsight. But im just saying I would've gon with the better talent in Murray, Queen or even CeeDee. 

3 minutes ago, Borat said:

Think how quickly they could all sprint back to the LOS to pick Matt Ryan out of the turf after he's sacked for the 10th time! 

So us taking a CB in the first instead of a WR somehow dictates how often Matt Ryan gets sacked? That doesn't make any sense 

Posted (edited)

Stop dodging the question cowards.

No trades, you are on the clock at 16 the way the draft fell, who do you pick?

I would go with Winfield or Murray but CB is the best position value. 

I can't say I would have a better case for anyone over Terrell.

Edited by Run 'n' Shoot

15 minutes ago, Borat said:

Think how quickly they could all sprint back to the LOS to pick Matt Ryan out of the turf after he's sacked for the 10th time! 

What does that have to do with the corner we took? 

1 hour ago, Stryka said:

It’s funny because over half the responses are basically I would have trade back or I would have drafted a guy that went in the 2nd round at 15. Lmao what’s even more comical is those saying they just would have drafted a WR. What?!?! Thank goodness you guys aren’t GMs. 

I would have stuck with Terrell and the only other guy I would have considered is LB Murray and then gotten Diggs or Fulton later. 

If we had drafted Lamb, there would be just as many people complaining that we didn't need a receiver and that we should have taken "somebody else". This thread would exist, regardless of any pick that was made because that's how our fan base tends to roll.

5 hours ago, falcons007 said:

If Falcons were picking a CB at 16: Terrell.

K’lavon reminds me of Vic Beasley lite. 

I thought 49ers would pick a WR but **** they grabbed Kinlaw.

That sucked.  Screwed by Shanahan again.

5 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

Kenneth Murray or Cee Dee Lamb. Hindsight is 20/20 though and after seeing the run on CB, I'm glad we took Terrell

Yep I  preferred Murray , but like you said , the run on cb in the first. I would have liked noah  in the second and Marlon would have gone.  So in hindsight they did the right thing. 

1 hour ago, The Smart One said:

It’s a tough call. I think AB was really cockblocking DQ and TD. I would have liked to move up for Wirfs in round 1 and gone for Bryce Hall at the end of round 3. 

I could have definitely lived w moving up to 12 for Wirfs. I’m sure Shanny would have worked a trade w us.

A week or two ago Kiper or DJ (can’t remember which) said on their podcast that with everything going on, this was the furthest mainstream media was with mocks and boards from what teams were actually thinking, and it showed.  After the pick I really felt it was a big reach, after hearing how many teams being higher on him it makes you wonder how different the mocks would have been if the normal process took place this year.

We were going for a corner and with that you take the corner you like with out giving away draft capital. Based on the run on corners TD took his guy that he had at that pick. Probably wanted to move up based on chatter late on corners but it didn't happen. 

Funny the run then the talk if trade up and the run on corners before us. 

We took care of lots if needs this draft and TD drafts HIS guys. It no surprise that he surprises nearly every draft. I think only Matthews and Beasley were consensus picks and he has his more than 50% and he consistently finds gems in later rounds I mean look at jarret and rico and neon, Campbell was a steal in his role. We generally make a splash in FA it's a regular TD draft 

3 hours ago, Stryka said:

It’s funny because over half the responses are basically I would have trade back or I would have drafted a guy that went in the 2nd round at 15. Lmao what’s even more comical is those saying they just would have drafted a WR. What?!?! Thank goodness you guys aren’t GMs. 

I would have stuck with Terrell and the only other guy I would have considered is LB Murray and then gotten Diggs or Fulton later. 

CeeDee Lamb is a top 5 talent at #16.  If you are drafting BPA, that's the pick. Cowboys lost half of their Defense in free agency and they drafted Lamb. Flat out steal. 

I like the AJ Terrell pick so I'm not complaining.

But, Atlanta could have drafted him and traded him or Ridley for an NFL proven CB. Lots of possibilities. You can be creative. 

Not a comical idea though.

3 hours ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

All the CBs werent grabbed up. That's just propaganda people are spewing. The board actually fell nicely to grab a good CB in the second. 

Now granted, that's hindsight. But im just saying I would've gon with the better talent in Murray, Queen or even CeeDee. 

9. C.J. Henderson

16. A.J. Terrell

19. Damon Arnette

30. Noah Igbinoghene

31. Jeff Gladney

50. Jaylon Johnson

51. Trevon Diggs

61. Kristian Fulton

That is 8 Corner Backs in the first 2 rounds.  The first 5 went in round 1.  Propaganda my ***.

You would have grabbed CeeDee?  Really?  How would that help the Falcons?  I could not argue against Murray or Queen before the draft.  CeeDee would have never been a consideration.  However, in hindsight, seeing the run on CBs that you apparently cannot see, Terrell was the pick.

CeeDee? 

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, NaGaBoy said:

9. C.J. Henderson

16. A.J. Terrell

19. Damon Arnette

30. Noah Igbinoghene

31. Jeff Gladney

50. Jaylon Johnson

51. Trevon Diggs

61. Kristian Fulton

That is 8 Corner Backs in the first 2 rounds.  The first 5 went in round 1.  Propaganda my ***.

You would have grabbed CeeDee?  Really?  How would that help the Falcons?  I could not argue against Murray or Queen before the draft.  CeeDee would have never been a consideration.  However, in hindsight, seeing the run on CBs that you apparently cannot see, Terrell was the pick.

CeeDee? 

Are you unable to count???

There are 5 CBs that went before our 2nd round pick including the one we picked. CB was the deepest position in the draft. 

J. Johnson, Trevon Diggs, Kristian Fulton, Bryce Hall, Cameron Dantzler, Amik Robertson, Troy Pride....All of which were top 80 ranked players in the draft. So please stop with the "run on CB" garbage. There were 10 WRs taken before our 2nd round pick. That's a run. It was 6 OTs taken before our 2nd round pick. CB was no more a run than LB, or Safety. Cut the crap. 

And yes. I'd have considered CeeDee. His talent at he #16 pick was a steal. No he dind't fit a specific need, but he could've allowed other moves to be made. The Ravens fleeced us for a 2nd round pick to get Hurst. We could get that or more for Ridley or CeeDee down the road. We're not a player away from competing, certainly not an A.J. Terrell. We had teams wanting to move up for CeeDee. We didn't even need to make a pick at #16. The is no scenario where picking Terrell was the best use of the pick unless he becomes and instant impact player. And even then it could be argued that the value was for Murray or Queen then pick up Johnson, Fulton or Diggs. 

Edited by MD-FalconFan13

22 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Are you unable to count???

There are 5 CBs that went before our 2nd round pick including the one we picked.

55 minutes ago, NaGaBoy said:

That is 8 Corner Backs in the first 2 rounds.  The first 5 went in round 1. 

1 minute ago, NaGaBoy said:

Who cares about after our 2nd round pick!

The point is what would've been available at pick 47 not what went in the entire 2nd round. You're attempting to skew the numbers. It's completely disingenuous. There were several highly rated CBs available at 47. Where they were taken after that pick doesn't matter. There were more than 5 good CBs in the draft. The position was arguably the deepest in the draft. 

What don't you understand??