So who would you have selected in the 1st ?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ceedee Lamb is I’m being honest 

If Falcons were picking a CB at 16: Terrell. K’lavon reminds me of Vic Beasley lite.  I thought 49ers would pick a WR but **** they grabbed Kinlaw.

Kenneth Murray. Him and Deion running sideline to sideline would have been amazing. 

I would have honestly taken Cee Dee Lamb. 

He was the top guy at that point.

I believe that he is the best receiver in the class.

Reminds me of DeAndre Hopkins.

But, i understand the pick completely from a need basis.

Now....you could trade this guy or Ridley for a starting corner???

More draft capital???

35 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I was hoping Kinlaw dropped to us. But once that didn’t happen I felt like we should have taken Ceedee. But I understand why they didn’t. I’m not even mad at the Terrell pick

Pretty much on that same train.  I'm not mad, I just say it wasn't great value.  Which makes people mad.

The best move by far would have been moving back and having extra picks there.  I really wanted to trade and walk out of 2nd round with a DL, S, CB.  Then the 3rd and 4th round would have been more available for BPA.

2 hours ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

I would have honestly taken Cee Dee Lamb. 

He was the top guy at that point.

I believe that he is the best receiver in the class.

Reminds me of DeAndre Hopkins.

But, i understand the pick completely from a need basis.

Now....you could trade this guy or Ridley for a starting corner???

More draft capital???

Would you had traded back with Philly if you would have gotten an extra 3rd?

3 hours ago, falcons007 said:

K’lavon reminds me of Vic Beasley lite. 

I thought 49ers would pick a WR but **** they grabbed Kinlaw.

Agree with these statements.

If I HAD to draft a CB at #16, it would have been Gladney or Igbinighene (sp?). ERvery time I think of Victory Road, all I can see is LSU dancing in the end zone time after time after time. Dude can't play.

Combining threads, I would have traded down. I would have tried to do it twice. Philly gives up #103 and #146 for us to drop to #21. Then, if the Chargers had called, I would have traded down again. This is my philosophy, and I'm devoted to it.

The Patriots took less. I suspect LA would have offered more for #21, but I will assume we drop to #37 in exchange for #37 and #71.

The one assumption I'll make is that, thanks to terrific work by my personnel department, I have a good idea about where players will go on the board. Even then, my #37 and and especially #134 went much lower than I'd expected.

So, my picks would be:

#37 -- Trevon Diggs, CB

#47 -- Marlon Davidson, DT

#71 -- Terrell Lewis, DE

#78 -- Lynn Bowden, WR

#103 -- Akeem Davis-Gaither, OLB

#119 -- Troy Dye, OLB

#134 -- Bryce Hall, CB

#146 -- Kenny Robinson, S

#225 -- Crushed that Jauan Jennings and Kenny Willekes didn't get to me, I would have grudgingly taken Nate Stanley, QB.

This is the lazy version. I would have been like Rick Spielman, if not worse, trading down whenever possible.

3 hours ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Its extremely humorous to see people saying Terrell NOW when we did several mocks just last week and next to NOBODY selected him....

:D:lol:

The homer is real bruh...

It may not be all that.  Everyone has now seen the CBs get grabbed up early and are now glad we grabbed a promising corner when we did.  Same with me.  I did not want to draft a CB at 16.  Now that the draft has played out, I am glad we did.

15 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Would you had traded back with Philly if you would have gotten an extra 3rd?

In a heartbeat. Except Philly looks like they had already traded their third rounder to Indy, so it couldn't happen. I believe you cannot trade compensatory picks. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

It’s funny because over half the responses are basically I would have trade back or I would have drafted a guy that went in the 2nd round at 15. Lmao what’s even more comical is those saying they just would have drafted a WR. What?!?! Thank goodness you guys aren’t GMs. 

I would have stuck with Terrell and the only other guy I would have considered is LB Murray and then gotten Diggs or Fulton later. 

Not mad about the player, but i am mad they didnt trade down. It set up so well. Wouldve taken murray. I saw the talent in corner #3 and corner# 10 pretty similar. Which made me believe we couldve gotten that value in the second or third. But, im on board with davidson, hennessy and hawkins. We'll see what happens.

3 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

You gonna put your player or just try and **** on everyone else? Maybe some are now saying AJ due to how the board fell also, who knows...

i expected to see 3/4 of the replies to say Chaisson the way the board was drooling over him for the past month.

Oh, and at least one person mocked AJ, so there is that. They bumped their own mock to show us on draft night.:mmmhmm:

Was just about to say, how many folks had a draft board where it looked exactly like the real one and had Chaisson OR Terrell as options. 

For him to all of the sudden crap on folks because we agree with the pick under the circumstances is just being a jerk.