Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spanish_falcon

Winston to the Saints

Good for him! It seem like he actually may have broke the news first and He got some pretty nasty feedback from who I’d assume are Ain’t fans prior to Winston actually signing..... if you read the replies to this tweet you’ll see what I mean.

......now if he can just get this Clowney rumor to Atlanta right he may just have a new follower! Lmao

1 minute ago, JT said:

Good for him! It seem like he actually may have broke the news first and He got some pretty nasty feedback from who I’d assume are Ain’t fans prior to Winston actually signing..... if you read the replies to this tweet you’ll see what I mean.

......now if he can just get this Clowney rumor to Atlanta right he may just have a new follower! Lmao

I think I’m gonna follow and turn on notis just for ***** and giggles. Lol. This is the one that has my attention

20 minutes ago, autigerfan said:

Honestly it is a good landing spot for Winston.  Having a QB whisperer like Payton can only help.

I dont think its a bad move for the Saints or for Winston.

Winston is still young and has a chance to sit back and learn from Brees and Payton for a year.

The Saints have a chance to flip Winton for a good comp pick next season. 

The signing makes little sense to me. They are taking him for one year, so not locking him up as Brees insurance. I would think they have enough faith in Hill if Brees misses a game or two, and they drafted Tommy Stevens, another gadget QB.

maybe Payton wants to work w him for a season and see if he can turn him into a franchise guy?

1 minute ago, FentayeJones said:

I dont think its a bad move for the Saints or for Winston.

Winston is still young and has a chance to sit back and learn from Brees and Payton for a year.

The Saints have a chance to flip Winton for a good comp pick next season. 

I thought about the comp pick angle as well, but if he had no market for this year and doesn’t get any game time he shouldn’t increase in value, may even lose market value...theoretically speaking of course.