Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ATLSlobberKnockers

What weight will Davidson play at?

There's no way Davidson played at 275.  He was every bit of 295+.

The dude is a freak athlete at 300 and should stick around there, give/take 5-10 lbs either way, and he'll still be a legit beast.

He's going to line up and go against OG's primarily in our scheme either way.   On run downs, he'll be a DE facing a Guard and covering a B and C gap from a 5 or 6 technique.  On passing downs, he'll be a DT opposite Grady, across from a Guard, and trying to penetrate a B or A gap probably from a 4i technique.  But he's so quick, I also suspect he'll have stunt packages designed specifically for him on 3rd and longs.

He's going to be a force.  It's astounding Brown got all the hype when Davidson is probably just as good, but might also have more drive/desire and a bigger motor.

Actually, Marlon covers all of this at his Senior Bowl presser.

They asked him what he played at during the season and he said 295.  He weighed in at 303 for the combine because he wanted to get over 300, because so many teams are talking about playing him mostly inside at the 3T.  He said his normal game weight was about "8 lbs lighter", though.

He says he would like to get to around 290 and stick there so he can move inside and out, but he'll play at whatever the team wants him at.

He even said he'd most like to play the 4iT if he had his choice, which is precisely what he'd play for us on passing downs.

54 minutes ago, Beef said:

There's no way Davidson played at 275.  He was every bit of 295+.

The dude is a freak athlete at 300 and should stick around there, give/take 5-10 lbs either way, and he'll still be a legit beast.

He's going to line up and go against OG's primarily in our scheme either way.   On run downs, he'll be a DE facing a Guard and covering a B and C gap from a 5 or 6 technique.  On passing downs, he'll be a DT opposite Grady, across from a Guard, and trying to penetrate a B or A gap probably from a 4i technique.  But he's so quick, I also suspect he'll have stunt packages designed specifically for him on 3rd and longs.

He's going to be a force.  It's astounding Brown got all the hype when Davidson is probably just as good, but might also have more drive/desire and a bigger motor.

And better production. Even if he benefited from Brown he will benefit as much, if not more, from.Grady. Great pick and we will see day one contributions imo.