So, comparison question.

Cowboys picked right after us.  But they went BPA roughly early.  Every team obviously gets exciting new players each year, but this is a good exercise to see if you like what another team did in the same circumstances.

Just up through the 4th round (since then the picks differ)

Falcons vs Dallas

Terrell CB 1st round vs Diggs CB 2nd round

Davidson DT 2nd round vs Gallimore DT 3rd round

Hennesy OC 3rd round vs Biadasz OC 4th round

On the first 4th round they took a CB...which we could still keep as the LB, or take a speed edge rusher.

And they got Cee Dee Lamb in the 1st.

Who ended up with a more talented first 4 rounds, taking basically the same positions, and having basically the same picks?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My opinion of course but:  Terrell > Diggs Davidson > Gallimore Hennesy >  Biadasz They got Ceedee Lamb but we already got Julio so no comparison.

Draft a wr at 16 and the board doesn't exist right now

I like their draft for them. Think Jerry took Lamb just to puss off PHI hah but regardless I think they did well. That being said I like our draft a lot as well and don't care to debate anybody I

I like their draft for them. Think Jerry took Lamb just to puss off PHI hah but regardless I think they did well.

That being said I like our draft a lot as well and don't care to debate anybody I would've taken instead cuz it don't matter. We got who we got and I'm happy with it. 

Both teams did a solid job

Edited by FalconsAllDayUrDay

They did pretty well but the problem for them is that they now have a WR they really don't know what to do with?

I still cannot believe we could not have traded our #16 down just a few slots and received an extra pick unless we were obsessed with A.J. Terrell.

2 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

So, comparison question.

Cowboys picked right after us.  But they went BPA roughly early.  Every team obviously gets exciting new players each year, but this is a good exercise to see if you like what another team did in the same circumstances.

Falcons vs Dallas

On the first 4th round they took a CB...which we could still keep as the LB, or take a speed edge rusher.

Who ended up with a more talented first 4 rounds, taking basically the same positions, and having basically the same picks?

My opinion of course but: 

Terrell > Diggs

Davidson > Gallimore

Hennesy >  Biadasz

They got Ceedee Lamb but we already got Julio so no comparison.

1 minute ago, jlrfalcon said:

They did pretty well but the problem for them is that they now have a WR they really don't know what to do with?

I still cannot believe we could not have traded our #16 down just a few slots and received an extra pick unless we were obsessed with A.J. Terrell.

Have you not read/heard? Literally he was never gunna last past 19, maybe not even that far, our hands were tied if we wanted our pick of CB. 

Not saying AJ is the best, but he was the one ATL coveted most and didn't want to risk losing him over an extra mid round pick. 

12 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

So, comparison question.

Falcons vs Dallas

Terrell vs Diggs looks like a straight loss for us. I don't think AJ Terrell can play in the NFL.

Davidson is MUCH better than Gallimore.

Hennessy is (according to Gil Brandt and Paul Alexander) perfect for our outside zone blocking scheme. I loved Biadasz, but his injury history and lack of specific scheme fit makes Hennesy the best fir FOR US. I wish Biadasz well;, until the Cowgirls play us. Then I hope Davidson wrecks him, takes his lunch money, and gives him a swirlie in the men's room.

Our 4th's I know nothing about other than what I read, which was mixed. But 4th-7th are valuable if they can contribute on special teams or as decent back-ups.

The Cowboys roster is different. Their cap situation is different. Their draft process is different.

Edited by Roanoke Falcon
3 minutes ago, Fired Up said:

Have you not read/heard? Literally he was never gunna last past 19, maybe not even that far, our hands were tied if we wanted our pick of CB. 

Not saying AJ is the best, but he was the one ATL coveted most and didn't want to risk losing him over an extra mid round pick. 

This is my point, we were so fixated on Terrell apparently that we could not accept another CB and an extra draft pick instead of him.

2 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Terrell vs Diggs looks like a straight loss for us. I don't think AJ Terrell can play in the NFL.

Davidson is MUCH better than Gallimore.

Hennessy is (according to Gil Brandt and Paul Alexander) perfect for our outside zone blocking scheme. I loved Biadasz, but his injury history and lack of specific scheme fit makes Hennesy the best fir FOR US. I wish Biadasz well;, until the Cowgirls play us. Then I hope Davidson wrecks him, takes his lunch money, and gives him a swirlie in the men's room.

Our 4th's I know nothing about other than what I read, which was mized. But 4th-7th are valuable if they can contribute on special teams or as decent back-ups.

The Cowboys roster is different. Their cap situation is different. Their draft process is different.

Teams valued Terrell more than Diggs obviously, which is why Diggs was passed over a couple of times and fell to the 2nd round.

10 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

So, comparison question.

Falcons vs Dallas

I find the Cowboys drafting closer to my liking most seasons. Love that Dimi went hard on the defensive side but think the Panties smoked him.

1 minute ago, jlrfalcon said:

This is my point, we were so fixated on Terrell apparently that we could not accept another CB and an extra draft pick instead of him.

But I don't think any other CB in the draft including the two ahead of him share his skillset. I don't think there's one we could have gotten in a later round or later in the first who matches him. 

Doesn't mean he'll be the best, but of the profile we have for corner, this kid literally checks every single box.

Looking back now it should have been obvious who the Falcons liked at CB. The lack of movement across the draft tells me the pre-draft talk was all just chatter.

TD for better or worse, seldom misses out on his guy in the first round. 

3 minutes ago, Fired Up said:

But I don't think any other CB in the draft including the two ahead of him share his skillset. I don't think there's one we could have gotten in a later round or later in the first who matches him. 

Doesn't mean he'll be the best, but of the profile we have for corner, this kid literally checks every single box.

Looking back now it should have been obvious who the Falcons liked at CB. The lack of movement across the draft tells me the pre-draft talk was all just chatter.

TD for better or worse, seldom misses out on his guy in the first round. 

This is just me, but Reggie Robinson in the 4th is better than Terrell in the 1st. 

To tell you the truth I like what Dallas did... they went BPA in the First.. that is something I wanted.. wanted Lamb yeah I know we dont need it right now but boy is he a player... but I really like our draft specially our second day.... and our P.. nice draft by both of them.. 

8 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

This is just me, but Reggie Robinson in the 4th is better than Terrell in the 1st. 

You may be right, we won't know for a while. There's a reason there is a room full of scouts for every team, we all get some right and some wrong. I'm no pro I've had pet favorite prospects that were home runs (Aaron Donald and JJ Watt) I've had some that I'm ashamed I thought could play football (Pat Watkins, and that LB kid from Wake Forest) 

Personally I like the Terrell pick but I know most on here disagree with me. But at the end of the day we'll see how it pans out. 

41 minutes ago, NOVAFalconFan said:

Didn’t Lamb already almost go Ike Turner on draft night live tv?  

No, that got blown way out of proportion, was funny though.  I believe he was on the phone with coach and his agent or someone was trying to FaceTime on the other phone.  His girlfriend was trying to be nice and answer it to tell them to hold on but he took it back basically saying “I got this” and took the call shortly after the video we saw ended.  She posted on twitter after what happened and it wasn’t a big deal.

So obviously, our CB should be better than theirs, and our DT should be better than theirs, and our C should be better.

We took them all a round earlier than they did.

The point is, are they enough better to overcome not taking an elite talent in the 1st round?

Terrell and Davidson and Hennessy will need to end up A LOT better than Diggs, Gallimore, Biadasz for it to make sense.

This is just an example of value drafting vs get your exact guy drafting.  I don't normally think of Dallas as value, but they went that way this year, and they were very close to us in the round, so they're the easier comparison.

So the question ends up...is getting Terrell vs Diggs, and Davidson vs Gallimore and Hennessy vs Biadasz worth a first round difference maker?  Because that's exactly the difference.