Draft Value by Team

Rings

I don’t put a ton of stock into it as we always score low, even in our best drafts, but figured I would share anyways.  Let me know your thoughts.  Uses a similar point system to the trade chart, just not as steep at the top, to determine value based on the difference of where a prospect was ranked vs where they went.  I did top 300 players, so anyone I didn’t have listed was treated as player 301.

EWfDkffX0AANpVH?format=jpg&name=large

It all depends on how you put your big board together.  Mine takes positional value into it so it’s going to be more analytical than most, but it’s also why teams Cleveland are so high on it.  This also doesn’t take into conservation if someone won or lost a trade, just if they reached or got a steal for a player.

This is not surprising generally speaking.  Seattle and Atlanta "reach" for picks more than most teams every year.

Also, don't know your methodology, but seems like it should be weighted by round.  Getting a projected 5th rounder in the 7th is nowhere near as impactful as getting a projected 1st in the 3rd.

45 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

This is not surprising generally speaking.  Seattle and Atlanta "reach" for picks more than most teams every year.

Also, don't know your methodology, but seems like it should be weighted by round.  Getting a projected 5th rounder in the 7th is nowhere near as impactful as getting a projected 1st in the 3rd.

Uses a point system similar to the trade chart, so it does that, I explained it in the original post.