Something to think about...

Obviously nobody knows what will happen. Or even if there will be a season in all honesty. But Let me ask question. Just ponder it for a minute.  (Don’t need to say that’s stupid. That will never happen. You’re so dramatic) all that other ignorant stuff. I’m just asking. 

What if and I mean if we are the worst team in the league next year? Injuries happen. You never know. Really brutal tough schedule. 

You would assume a New coach/GM will want to clean house. Then what? Matt Ryan would be 36 and is still owed a fortune because of all this “creative cap restructuring” 

Trevor Lawrence is a very Special talent and he would be sitting there. 

I love Matt Ryan. And idk how financially it would work. But you would have to move on I think. 

what would you do??? 

So your saying after we picked all those wanna bee's in the FA and this draft we are gonna suk wind and have to groom a new Qb for a couple of years to even think superbowl.... 

Geeeeeez if the virus don't get me being a falcons fan will.... I'm coming lizbeth.... this is the big one. :lol:

Remember when the Colts had Peyton Manning and the number 1 pick.

Peyton Manning went to a new team and went to two Super Bowls but Indy still made the right choice.

You take Trevor, let him learn behind Matt, and then let Matt decide what his future in football is once Trevor is ready to take over. Either take a pay cut and be the Veteran backup like Schaub has done for him, or go somewhere else for a chance to start. 

It doesn't matter Falcons would be 0-12 on the way to the #1 pick but they win their last 4 games dropping to 3rd where they pick Justin Fields. In training camp Schaub retires and the Falcons bring in #11 who sat the bench in Buffalo. Ryan gets injured #11 wins a few starts takes the Falcons to Super Bowl and loses. Fields demands a trade, when the next year the QB job is given to #11

This is about as likely as the Falcons getting Trevor Lawrence

As you said, IF, if the season goes completely off the rails and we end up with a chance to take Lawrence or Fields (provided they both kick butt this season, which they probably will), then you have to seriously think about it. Matt can't play forever, and the opportunity to draft a high-caliber prospect like these two may not come again for a long time. It'll be like pulling the trigger and drafting Bart and Vick when you had the chance. Chris Miller was a young QB going into his 2nd season when the Aundray Bruce disaster happened.

Lawrence no brainer but for kicks here is an impossible scenario where I would move down:

Let’s say it’s a crazy amount of injuries and not a lack of progression from young guys or regression from older players. Also specifically I would need Lindstrom, McGary, and Hennessy to show they are moving in the right direction. An offensive mind for head coach and someone from the Ravens front office for GM. Perfect storm. I consider moving down but only for a package that makes the trubisky trade look decent and only down a couple of picks. I would want Sowell, the best tackle prospect since Joe Thomas to round out a cheap but elite offensive line. Let Ryan finish his career with a robust running game and a clean jersey. The mountain of picks beyond that allocated to defense.

Oh and we need to go back in time to get Lamb for Julios eventual downturn and to free up money. And because f*** the AJ Terrell pick.

Im done now.

3 minutes ago, Akod2017 said:

Lawrence no brainer but for kicks here is an impossible scenario where I would move down:

Let’s say it’s a crazy amount of injuries and not a lack of progression from young guys or regression from older players. Also specifically I would need Lindstrom, McGary, and Hennessy to show they are moving in the right direction. An offensive mind for head coach and someone from the Ravens front office for GM. Perfect storm. I consider moving down but only for a package that makes the trubisky trade look decent and only down a couple of picks. I would want Sowell, the best tackle prospect since Joe Thomas to round out a cheap but elite offensive line. Let Ryan finish his career with a robust running game and a clean jersey. The mountain of picks beyond that allocated to defense.

Oh and we need to go back in time to get Lamb for Julios eventual downturn and to free up money. And because f*** the AJ Terrell pick.

Im done now.

Come on now. Rodgers replacement is in Green Bay, but don't you touch MR2 even after hypothetically, he earned us the number one pick

1 hour ago, putnam6 said:

It doesn't matter Falcons would be 0-12 on the way to the #1 pick but they win their last 4 games dropping to 3rd where they pick Justin Fields. In training camp Schaub retires and the Falcons bring in #11 who sat the bench in Buffalo. Ryan gets injured #11 wins a few starts takes the Falcons to Super Bowl and loses. Fields demands a trade, when the next year the QB job is given to #11

Sounds drug induced

1 hour ago, putnam6 said:

Then Justin fields takes the next team to the playoffs /purp. 

I can't seeing us being in a position to draft Lawrence barring a season ending injury to #2.  If we were in a position to draft him I would say we would have to pull the trigger.  He is a generational talent at QB and honestly it would probably be the right thing to blow the team up at that point.  Trade Ryan for what you can and start over.  

4 hours ago, RYNE said:

Trevor Lawrence is a very Special talent and he would be sitting there. 

I don't think Lawrence is all that special. I don't think his career will be anywhere near as good as Ryan's has been.

I also think Ryan has at least 4-5 more years.

Sometime in the next 2-3 years, it could make sense to draft Ryan's replacement to sit behind Ryan for a couple years.

Edited by DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins

The easy answer is Lawrence. The difficult question is how do you get that #1 pick realistically. Yes injuries ... but it would have to be so unimaginable so that we'll finish with #1 pick.

Whoever gets the #1 pick will NOT trade out.