Anybody Wishing We Had Just Simply Traded All Our Picks for Chase Young Now?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wish we could trade some of our fans.

Every pick we got were solid picks and starters day one straight up...just cause we didn't get big names people *****ing. Every player picked has been battle tested. Day 1 starters 

Im glad we didnt. I loved our draft. 

55 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Does anybody really think now that Terrell, Davidson, Hennessy, Walker, Hawkins and Hofrichter will have as great an impact on our team this year (or even future?) if we had just simply traded all these picks to Washington for Chase Young?

Hennessy might be a long term solution for 5+ years (may not even start in 2020) and Terrell and Davidson may be solid, but not Pro Bowl level starters for a few years.

We might would have had to throw in our first from next year but even then, I really wonder if most of our picks will be still in the NFL in a few years while Chase Young is still producing for Washington.

Maybe if we could have thrown you and a couple of your whiny a$$ brethren in with them. 

And FYI, Ron Rivera redskins were never gonna trade away the rights to Young.never. 

17 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Maybe if we could have thrown you and a couple of your whiny a$$ brethren in with them. 

And FYI, Ron Rivera redskins were never gonna trade away the rights to Young.never. 

Rivera traded Trent Williams to San Francisco for only a 2020 5th round pick and a 2021 3rd round pick.  And, Washington did not really need Young and will end up underplaying him.

I am not saying we got all bad players with our picks in 2020 but really wonder if the accumulated games started by all of them in their career will match those by Young.

Terrell - another Alford who will last a few years or a hidden treasure?

Davidson - another Peria Jerry or Grady Jarrett?

Hennessy - almost everybody agrees a solid pick, but again may not even see the field in 2020 if Mack is fully healthy?

Walker - don't know enough about him to truly judge but at best another Campbell who is gone in a few years?

Hawkins - his playing time will probably be determined by whether Neal is able to fully play or not?

Hofrichter - Allen was doing pretty good last year and ran Bosher out of town, could we have waited a year to draft a punter?

Young may end up being injured or turn out to be another Jamaal Anderson but one cannot deny his probability of success was higher than any of our players and will be a starter week 1.

We need players for 2020 while Ryan and Julio are still in their prime.

And, we still have a big hole/question at DE with injury-prone McKinley who is in his last contract year (unless the Falcons try to use Davidson there like Auburn did).

I wouldn't, and I was very tempted to before. Goes to show how much emotion impacts your thinking pre-draft. 

I gotta say I like our draft, but still need to warm up to Terrell - he worries me. But, he doesn't worry me about the thought of walking into next year with Oliver and Sheffield as our only notable CBs, so there's an obvious plus to that pick.

No. We now have an option to cut Mack next year and could actually compete for the LG spot this year.

Davidson will be a bigger impact that what you're acknowledging.

Terrell likely is a day 1 starter. I actually believe Walker can come out as a starter. 

Hawkins is more depth specialteamer and the punter is just someone to have just in case he booms. It's a 7th rounder.

14 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

Rivera traded Trent Williams to San Francisco for only a 2020 5th round pick and a 2021 3rd round pick.  And, Washington did not really need Young and will end up underplaying him.

I am not saying we got all bad players with our picks in 2020 but really wonder if the accumulated games started by all of them in their career will match those by Young.

Terrell - another Alford who will last a few years or a hidden treasure?

Davidson -  Young another Peria Jerry or Grady Jarrett?

Hennessy - almost everybody agrees a solid pick, but again may not even see the field in 2020 if Mack is fully healthy?

Walker - don't know enough about him to truly judge but at best another Campbell who is gone in a few years?

Hawkins - his playing time will probably be determined by whether Neal is able to fully play or not?

Hofrichter - Allen was doing pretty good last year and ran Bosher out of town, could we have waited a year to draft a punter?

Young may end up being injured or turn out to be another Jamaal Anderson but one cannot deny his probability of success was higher than any of our players and will be a starter week 1.

We need players for 2020 while Ryan and Julio are still in their prime.

And, we still have a big hole/question at DE with injury-prone McKinley who is in his last contract year (unless the Falcons try to use Davidson there like Auburn did).

We just don't know. Everyone thought Clowney was a sure thing when he has turned out to be average.