As the Falcons Draft turns.... Dimitroff spends 4th Round Capital on 7th Rd talent

JG2008

Is WalterFootball right about these 2 picks?

only time will tell  - they could surprise everyone and be starters in a few years or at least solid depth

It would be a nice change though if Dimitroff would spend our draft capital in early to mid rounds more wisely and get players who at least on paper look like locks instead of extreme reaches or projects

https://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades4.php

falconsb_logo.gif Atlanta Falcons: Mykal Walker, LB, Fresno State - D Grade  
I'm not going to give this an O'Brien, but I don't like this pick at all. Mykal Walker is a smart linebacker, but I don't think he has the physical tools to be someone who can remain in the NFL. I had him in the seventh round. 

falconsb_logo.gif Atlanta Falcons: Jaylinn Hawkins, S, California - O'BRIEN Grade  
Get ready for some bad grades because ESPN is trash and playing music to appease dumb people who don't like football. This is a terrible pick. Jaylinn Hawkins was not a draftable prospect. He's a slow safety who will have to play on special teams if he even makes the roster. 

10 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

What was Walter’s draft evaluations from the last two years? That will give me a better understanding if they know what they’re talking about 

Bad.

For perspective, he gave our 16 draft a C-. Did not like Debo or Neal. Only liked the Hooper pick. 

Highly overrated website. 

22 minutes ago, JG2008 said:

Is WalterFootball right about these 2 picks?

only time will tell  - they could surprise everyone and be starters in a few years or at least solid depth

It would be a nice change though if Dimitroff would spend our draft capital in early to mid rounds more wisely and get players who at least on paper look like locks instead of extreme reaches or projects

https://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades4.php

falconsb_logo.gif Atlanta Falcons: Mykal Walker, LB, Fresno State - D Grade  
I'm not going to give this an O'Brien, but I don't like this pick at all. Mykal Walker is a smart linebacker, but I don't think he has the physical tools to be someone who can remain in the NFL. I had him in the seventh round. 

falconsb_logo.gif Atlanta Falcons: Jaylinn Hawkins, S, California - O'BRIEN Grade  
Get ready for some bad grades because ESPN is trash and playing music to appease dumb people who don't like football. This is a terrible pick. Jaylinn Hawkins was not a draftable prospect. He's a slow safety who will have to play on special teams if he even makes the roster. 

I’m not a TD fan but I’m betting on him vs Walter every time:ninja: for real

5 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

I loved the Deion pick but hated the KK pick at the time...little did me and ole Walter know. Time determines the draft not Walter or us MB experts lol

So much goes into drafting. Who knows how many guys had the most talent in the draft but didnt pan out because they didn't try anymore.

You need to throw out round projections by "draft experts".  NFL teams give zero ***** what grades the Mel Kiper's of the world give a player.  They come up with their own board, their own projections, and draft off of it.  Don't give any of these so called experts any kind of second thoughts, they don't know what they are talking about.

2 minutes ago, athell said:

You need to throw out round projections by "draft experts".  NFL teams give zero ***** what grades the Mel Kiper's of the world give a player.  They come up with their own board, their own projections, and draft off of it.  Don't give any of these so called experts any kind of second thoughts, they don't know what they are talking about.

I’ve been saying this **** for so long. Why people actually give a ****, I will never understand 

Just now, athell said:

They are like weatherman.  Somehow they still have jobs even though they are wrong half the time.

They get paid because people believe their every word. They have more advanced access to real film and not YouTube clips portrayed as film and yet their still more wrong than any of us here most of the time. I wish I could get paid to blow smoke from my ***. 

9 minutes ago, athell said:

But but but Mel Kiper has nice hair! And he yells alot!