Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

For all the people screaming we reached a few picks for AJ in the first, how do y'all feel about reaching really bad on the 2 4th rounders?  Everything I saw on these two were 7th to PFA(priority free agent).  I for one am really tired of the tweener LB that have to be coached up to play LB.  That's not the type of project I look for my team to be taking on in a year that is make or break.  I may end up eating crow throughout the next 2 years, but for now it was a huge reach.  We went needs based, but executed it very badly IMO.  

 

As for the S Hawkins, his cover skills are really subpar, so I don't care if dude has ball skills and can catch it when he gets his hands on it.  The good QB in the NFL will eat him alive due to his inability to stick to receivers.  As we all know it's about tight windows and if you leave it wide open like he does your hands won't get near the ball.  I know he will be at FS, but seems like we already have an out of place ball hawk with Kazee at FS.  Why have 2?

 

Overall at a wait and see since they haven't played a single down in the league, but not hopeful for what will happen.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

How could they reach when everyone is supposed to stay a least 6 feet apart??? :ninja:

 

 

Not sure if that joke was already used.....but I don't give a d@mn.

 

That stunk but I love the effort.  Ha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

 

I know, it was meant to....

 

I just said it because I knew it was coming eventually.

I got it...just trying to decide if I like this draft or if there's still a lb from East Tennessee Community Valley State Devry Institute we could snag...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does not bother me for a few reasons: 1)the chance 4-7 rounds pan out can get pretty slim.

2) little added value in trading down

The first round is a completely different story because if teams were fearful of TD going best player available I think trades moving down would present themselves. Just moving down one spot was worth a mid 4th rounder this year. Teams are on to Dimitroff, he will reach and leave your guy on the board. Float a couple of rumors for good measure and you push the best players available down further while saving x amount of points needed to move up for your guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think the reaching in the 4th was the glaring lack of a 5th and 6th rounders.  They did not want to give away any more picks going into next year by trading.

Edited by Realsurfin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Akod2017 said:

It does not bother me for a few reasons: 1)the chance 4-7 rounds pan out can get pretty slim.

2) little added value in trading down

The first round is a completely different story because if teams were fearful of TD going best player available I think trades moving down would present themselves. Just moving down one spot was worth a mid 4th rounder this year. Teams are on to Dimitroff, he will reach and leave your guy on the board. Float a couple of rumors for good measure and you push the best players available down further while saving x amount of points needed to move up for your guy. 

You give TD and Quinn too much credit.  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's so hard to be a Falcons fan. The other fans are just awful. Just shut up and trust that there is a method behind the madness. You say they're reaching but obviously these are prospects they've scouted and had on their board. The amount of whining Falcons fans do is second to none. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pearljamnash13 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's so hard to be a Falcons fan. The other fans are just awful. Just shut up and trust that there is a method behind the madness. You say they're reaching but obviously these are prospects they've scouted and had on their board. The amount of whining Falcons fans do is second to none. 

WTF has TD and Co done in the draft to warrant me and other fans just to trusting blindly?  Peria Jerry, VB44, Baker, Harlow(who was let go after 1 year to be brought back), Oliver,  the list goes on and on.  If they were Ozzie Newsome in the early years then yeah they get all the wait and see credit.  When you've jacked up year after year you don't get benefit of the doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, N1985oles! said:

WTF has TD and Co done in the draft to warrant me and other fans just to trusting blindly?  Peria Jerry, VB44, Baker, Harlow(who was let go after 1 year to be brought back), Oliver,  the list goes on and on.  If they were Ozzie Newsome in the early years then yeah they get all the wait and see credit.  When you've jacked up year after year you don't get benefit of the doubt.

They've brought you the most consistent falcons teams in the history of the franchise? I don't have to agree with everything they've done, but if you look at the history of this franchise you won't see anything better. There are a few people who were picked that I wish we had. However, I don't have a scouting team and don't have the ability to review film constantly. So, I'll defer to the professionals. I like our picks for our needs. I trust that they put together a ton of players for a ton of situations on their board. If you knew better I'm sure you'd be in the scouting department or replace TD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pearljamnash13 said:

They've brought you the most consistent falcons teams in the history of the franchise? I don't have to agree with everything they've done, but if you look at the history of this franchise you won't see anything better. There are a few people who were picked that I wish we had. However, I don't have a scouting team and don't have the ability to review film constantly. So, I'll defer to the professionals. I like our picks for our needs. I trust that they put together a ton of players for a ton of situations on their board. If you knew better I'm sure you'd be in the scouting department or replace TD.

The no brainer of taking Ryan is what brought us that consistency.  He came into a HORRIBLE falcons team and along with Burner Turner turned the Falcons into an 11-5 record.  Don't act like that was TD and Co.  Matt Ryan has kept this team afloat and competitive.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, newa6eoutlw said:

The history of this franchise is 28-3. Until we win a SB that’s our history. I don’t care what anybody says.

What does that have to do with crying about 4th round pics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ramonezy said:

Definitions of "reach" :

1) Picking a player I don't know

2) Picking a player not in my favourite "analyst's" mock. 

Both definitions don't mean the player isn't good nor that the player isn't exactly what we need

Definition of a reach:  Spotty college tape, no idea where they will play position wise because of said college tape.  But yeah, you're right a reach is a player we don't know.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AutumnEffect said:

Cracks me up every time y'all folks that spend an hour per year evaluating prospects wanna tell professionals how to do their job.

So you think both were worth the 4th round draft capital?  Don't act like Mykal is Simmons he just dropped because of failed piss test.  He won't play S in this league, and doesn't have the *** to set the edge on run downs.  The tape they showed even as his highlights was laughable.  The LT swallowed him up.  An NFL LT or RT will treat him like Bustley.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, pearljamnash13 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's so hard to be a Falcons fan. The other fans are just awful. Just shut up and trust that there is a method behind the madness. You say they're reaching but obviously these are prospects they've scouted and had on their board. The amount of whining Falcons fans do is second to none. 

This is the part of the draft that you and everyone that is a hugger that loves continuity tell us all that TD and Quinn are geniuses and have a master plan.  How many of the picks were favorites of the TAFT crowd... lol zero

Now I will tell you.  We got to live with the picks.. were they reaching?  Not only were they reaching AJ Terrel was a stretch in the first.  Davidson and Hawkins I like. Both reaches yes.  Davidson looks like he plays smash mouth football.  Something we lack.  Just watching him is motivational.   If Hawkins can snatch balls out of thin air and give Brady and Brees nightmares he will make a name for himself pretty quick.

 Hennessy does not impress me watching his tapes.   But give him a shot.  

Walker.... what were they thinking with that one.  He is mediocre for college let alone the NFL... now I will leave it at that as I am not going to be insulting.  He has a lot on his plate to prove he can make the team.  If he does not make it that was a wasted puck in a draft we were two picks shy.

As far as method to the madness.  I wish I had a bottle of seista key toasted coconut rum everytime I have heard that when talking to TAFT folk about Quinn and TD

:lol:

Edited by Realsurfin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, N1985oles! said:

So you think both were worth the 4th round draft capital?  Don't act like Mykal is Simmons he just dropped because of failed piss test.  He won't play S in this league, and doesn't have the *** to set the edge on run downs.  The tape they showed even as his highlights was laughable.  The LT swallowed him up.  An NFL LT or RT will treat him like Bustley.  

The only pick I'm eh about is Walker. If they try to put him at SAM I don't think he has the coverage ability. I do think Hennessey can be a good technical center but he could also be Konz 2.0. Other than that I think this is just a very needs oriented draft. Outside of those two question marks I believe we have two immediate starters on the defense that can make a difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:

This is the part of the draft that you and everyone that is a hugger that loves continuity tell us all that TD and Quinn are geniuses and have a master plan.  How many of the picks were favorites of the TAFT crowd... lol zero

Now I will tell you.  We got to live with the picks.. were they reaching?  Not only were they reaching AJ Terrel was a stretch in the first.  Davidson and Hawkins I like. Both reaches yes.  Davidson looks like he plays smash mouth football.  Something we lack.  Just watching him is motivational.   If Hawkins can snatch balls out of thin air and give Brady and Brees nightmares he will make a name for himself pretty quick.

 Hennessy does not impress me watching his tapes.   But give him a shot.  

Walker.... what were they thinking with that one.  He is mediocre for college let alone the NFL... now I will leave it at that as I am not going to be insulting.  He has a lot on his plate to prove he can make the team.  If he does not make it that was a wasted puck in a draft we were two picks shy.

As far as method to the madness.  I wish I had a bottle of seista key toasted coconut rum everytime I have heard that when talking to TAFT folk about Quinn and TD

:lol:

AJ Terrell is going to be a great player. Davidson is going to be a solid player. Hennessey will either be a very sound technical center/guard or Konz 2.0. Hawkins, if he can tackle, is a better Decoud. Walker is the one that I'm worried about because he doesn't seem to have a fit. I don't see him as an upgrade over Campbell and he played inside in college. Seems to have good burst but nothing I've seen shows me he can cover well. 

As for the method to the madness, I understand what you're saying. I just know that these people have access to far more than we do and they've spoken with all of these players. Are there a few players I wish we would've targeted and gone after? Well duh! I wanted Antoine Winfield Jr., Josh Uche and Jon Runyan Jr. However, we have what we have and I trust that TD/DQ and company have done their due diligence in scouting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
  • Create New...