Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UnrealfalcoN

Mykal Walker #119: thoughts?

1 minute ago, LightningDawg58 said:

100 percent agree

I see their vision. He’s the inverse of Campbell as a SAM. Vondre turned out a little better in coverage but still wasn’t great. However, he never became the rushing threat.

59 minutes ago, FAN_O_THE_ATL said:

Walker wasn't on my radar but looking at 5 minutes of video of him I'm not sure why he wasn't.  Dude looks like a solid player.  What do we need in a LB that plays the Campbell role?...can cover, has physicality / is a good tackler, ability to rush the passer periodically, instinctive...this guy appears to check all these boxes.  Played 2 yrs and was all conference first team both years, that tells me that he's consistently good.  MVP of his bowl or championship game, again tells me the guy makes plays.

Going into today I was struggling to find a LB that I really liked.  I had Troy Dye on my list as instinctive and playmaker but I didn't love his physicality.  At first glance I like what I see from Walker way more than Dye.  Could be a sneaky good pick by TD.

What person that isn’t paid FT to study players knows every prospect. :tiphat:

1 hour ago, FalconsAllDayUrDay said:

Devondre Campbell replacement

The comparisons are actually pretty close to Campbell coming out although Walker displays more instinctiveness than Campbell coming out.  

35 minutes ago, autigerfan said:

The comparisons are actually pretty close to Campbell coming out although Walker displays more instinctiveness than Campbell coming out.  

Yeah that was Campbell's biggest knock, instincts. That appears to be the opposite with Walker so fhats nice. Really like his potential at SAM

Sure, he can play football, but that is not what is important respective of this draft...

The real question is: what is his personal tragic story? (that probably has no bearing on his ability to do the job he's just been hired to do)

I do not think he can effectively play----unless one or more of the following conditions exists:

- mother has been a 10+ year drug user -or

- his father accidentally slipped on sidewalk gravel into oncoming traffic -or

- a similar aged cousin was struck by lightning on the playing field in his youth.... 

*Totally not serious on this...only embarrassed as a human being at the draft coverage / commentary from Day 1&2 by ESPN and ABC of what dominated the theme of each individual man drafted. Not as bad today, though only because the picks come much quicker.

7 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Quinn is EXCELLENT at picking linebackers.  The only one he really missed on was Duke Riley.

I won’t question the pick.  Looks fast and stout.

ran a 4.65 at combine.

6’3” and 230.  Frame to add 10lbs of good weight.

Who would you have taken for a LB at that spot? I was hoping we'd address that early. Man, snagging murray or queen after swapping with Philly and picking up another 3rd woulda been awesome. That ship has sailed obviously, but i guess if we are trotting 2 LB more often than 3 maybe PB wasn't as critical as I made it out to be.

7 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Quinn is EXCELLENT at picking linebackers.  The only one he really missed on was Duke Riley.

I won’t question the pick.  Looks fast and stout.

ran a 4.65 at combine.

6’3” and 230.  Frame to add 10lbs of good weight.

I'm loving his frame and measurables, we just have to hope he has football instincts.

He's everything we wanted Campbell to be and everything Campbell wasn't at the same time. Walker doesn't have the same impressive athleticism as Devondre but he has all the instincts and consistency Campbell didn't.

9 hours ago, bigjmw84 said:

Definitely. He should be able to unseat Foye.

In nickel, I doubt it. I think he'll get a chance to win the SAM spot in our base 4-3 and he'll be a core ST guy but I can't see him being preferred to Foye in sub packages. Foye is significantly further along in pass coverage 

On 4/25/2020 at 11:43 PM, bigjmw84 said:

Nigel Bradham would be a real nice addition on a 1 or 2 yr deal. Give the young ones a chance to marinate.

WTF ??

Let the young guys marinate until they're UFA ?

Foye is going into his 3rd year on the roster he's either ready to be a starter or he's never going to be a starter. At some point it is no longer marinating but simply rotting.

On 4/25/2020 at 10:55 AM, Slumerican said:

Projected as a 6th or 7th round pick.. We grab him in the forth.. Dont know much about him, has a good scouting report.. Not sure why he was projected so low? Maybe Quinn knows something no one else does 

Prolly knows how to spell fourth.