G-Dawg: Falcons Day#3 draftboard

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am quite happy with the first two days.   Would I have preferred Kinlaw and Delpit w/ the first two picks?  Sure but as the Rolling Stones once said,  "You can't always get what you want, but i you

Double down and get Bryce Hall. Cant believe he is still available either.  

Robertson is 2nd round value.  He and Weaver would be steals

I like yours and York Morgan's group. 

On day 3, I'm nearly 100% about getting guys who have a trait that can work at the NFL and building around the rest.  (Have coverage ability at LB, need to gain size and learn to stack....have ability to get contested catches at WR, need to work on route running etc.)

That said, despite being nearly 100% traits oriented at this point in the draft, Curtis Weaver is intriguing.  He doesn't look the part of an NFL player and isn't particularly long, or explosive.  So it's hard to see crazy upside.  But he got it done.  And sometimes people with a knack for just getting it done translate.

By the way, how do I show gdawg and York Morgan name so it highlights them.

2 hours ago, rudy said:

Tyler Biadasz is a great value pick

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

good catch. - i flipped Thaddeus Moss in there.   Yeah, Hopkins could be in there but will leave it as is for now.

Couple guys I didn't list that I know falcons showed interest:

L'Javarius Sneed, FS - Lousiana Tech

Javarius Davis, CB - Auburn

I think Cushenberry should still be in consideration, because either he or Hennessy would start out at guard.... leaving the other to learn the ropes at center.  Then when Mack goes, we already have our starting center and a decent backup.

EDIT: Forget Cush, already gone darnit.....   :(

Edited by egoprime II

I am quite happy with the first two days.   Would I have preferred Kinlaw and Delpit w/ the first two picks?  Sure but as the Rolling Stones once said,  "You can't always get what you want, but i you try sometimes, You get what you need."   We came out of those three rounds w/ three long-term starter type talents.

Onto Day#3 and here is my Falcons Draft board.   We have one glaring need left - Linebacker.    You could say EDGE is a top need as well if you believe Takk is in his last season as a Falcon (and he probably is) and we could use another TE and RB as well.     However Day#3 is all about value and trying to draft players that have long-term potential and most would need to be able to contribute on special teams (although that isn't as important to me as to the coaches).

Here Goes - I present to you:

Day#3 - Falcons Draft Board:

1. Akeem Davis-Gaither, OLB - Appalachian State  (Falcons have shown interest)
  2. Curtis Weaver, DE/EDGE - Boise State
  3. Bryce Hall, CB - Virginia
  4. Troy Dye, OLB - Oregon
  5. Bradlee Anae, EDGE - Utah
  6. Albert Okwuebunam, TE - Missouri
  7. Eno Benjamin, RB - Arizona State
  8. Prince Tega Wanagho, OT - Auburn
  9. Amik Robertson, CB - Louisiana Tech (Falcons have shown interest)
  10. Tyler Johnson, WR - Minnesota
  11. Alton Robinson, EDGE - Syracuse
  12. Jason Strowbridge, DT - North Carolina
  13. Hunter Bryant, TE - Washington
  14. Anthony McFarland, RB - Maryland
  15. Ben Bartch, OT - St. Johns
  16. Reggie Robinson, CB - Tulsa
  17. Ben Breedson, OG - Michigan
  18. K'Von Wallace, S - Clemson
  19. Netane Muti, OG - Fresno State
  20. Tyler Bidasz, C/OG - Wisconsin
  21. D.J. Wonnum, EDGE - South Carolina
  22. Geno Stone, S - Iowa
  23. Kindle Vidor, CB - Georgia Southern  (Falcons have shown interest)
  24. Lamichael Perine, RB - Florida
  25. Thaddeus Moss, TE - LSU
  26. Harrison Hand, CB - Temple
  27. Sahdiq Charles, OT - LSU
  28. Kenny Willeaks, EDGE - Michigan St  (Falcons face-timed him)
  29. Alohi Gilman, S - Notre Dame
  30. Nick Coe, DE - Auburn

Falcons almost have to take an LB here, for sure.  Probably will be our first 4th rnd pick, if a decent one is there.

Wouldn't mind one of the DE's, or CB Bryce Hall, either.....

7th rnd I can see us drafting one of the deeper positions like RB or WR,,,,maybe abother LB?

Edited by egoprime II

Is Curtis Weaver not athletic enough?

Wish we had taken Alton Robinson in the 4th.  He may not turn out to be much, but had traits that make it where he might have become what you were trying to have Takk become.

That'd give us some hope of future edge rusher, though it's not crazy likely he becomes great.

4 hours ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Yes, he is, but why would you think that the Falcons would draft him, considering they drafted Hennessy?

in case any of the players don't work out this year. Also next year Carpenter and Brown contracts are up and we'll need another G all over again. 

Might as well..... but we didn't draft him anyway