Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
g-dawg

G-Dawg: Falcons Day#3 draftboard

Recommended Posts

 I am quite happy with the first two days.   Would I have preferred Kinlaw and Delpit w/ the first two picks?  Sure but as the Rolling Stones once said,  "You can't always get what you want, but i you try sometimes, You get what you need."   We came out of those three rounds w/ three long-term starter type talents.

Onto Day#3 and here is my Falcons Draft board.   We have one glaring need left - Linebacker.    You could say EDGE is a top need as well if you believe Takk is in his last season as a Falcon (and he probably is) and we could use another TE and RB as well.     However Day#3 is all about value and trying to draft players that have long-term potential and most would need to be able to contribute on special teams (although that isn't as important to me as to the coaches).

Here Goes - I present to you:

 

Day#3 - Falcons Draft Board:

 

  1. Curtis Weaver, DE/EDGE - Boise State
  2. Bryce Hall, CB - Virginia
  3. Troy Dye, OLB - Oregon
  4. Bradlee Anae, EDGE - Utah
  5. Eno Benjamin, RB - Arizona State
  6. Prince Tega Wanagho, OT - Auburn
  7. Amik Robertson, CB - Louisiana Tech (Falcons have shown interest)
  8. Tyler Johnson, WR - Minnesota
  9. Alton Robinson, EDGE - Syracuse
  10. Jason Strowbridge, DT - North Carolina
  11. Hunter Bryant, TE - Washington
  12. Ben Breedson, OG - Michigan
  13. K'Von Wallace, S - Clemson
  14. Netane Muti, OG - Fresno State
  15. Tyler Bidasz, C/OG - Wisconsin
  16. Geno Stone, S - Iowa
  17. Kindle Vidor, CB - Georgia Southern  (Falcons have shown interest
  18. Thaddeus Moss, TE - LSU
  19. Harrison Hand, CB - Temple
  20. Kenny Willeaks, EDGE - Michigan St  (Falcons face-timed him)
  21. Alohi Gilman, S - Notre Dame
  22. Nick Coe, DE - Auburn

updated thru pick  131

2 picks to go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You listed Hunter Bryant twice there (#13, #25). I like Brycen Hopkins a lot from Purdue, idk if we  go TE though but I think he has a lot of potential. Tyler Johnson would be a great pick at WR to play the slot for us as well. Intrigued by a few LBs but not in love with any at this point, I’d add Justin Strnad from Wake Forest to the list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Atlantafan21 said:

You listed Hunter Bryant twice there (#13, #25). I like Brycen Hopkins a lot from Purdue, idk if we  go TE though but I think he has a lot of potential. Tyler Johnson would be a great pick at WR to play the slot for us as well. Intrigued by a few LBs but not in love with any at this point, I’d add Justin Strnad from Wake Forest to the list. 

good catch. - i flipped Thaddeus Moss in there.   Yeah, Hopkins could be in there but will leave it as is for now.

Couple guys I didn't list that I know falcons showed interest:

L'Javarius Sneed, FS - Lousiana Tech

Javarius Davis, CB - Auburn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Yes, he is, but why would you think that the Falcons would draft him, considering they drafted Hennessy?

because they still have two future holes in the lineup - Alex Mack's last year and Jamon Brown and James Carpenter probably their last year as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonnum has skills that translate to the NFL, high boom or bust but I like him in later rounds.

Geno Stone is another I like that’s not getting much press around here.

and as I mentioned before I like Dane Jackson, CB, PITT. Feisty man cover CB.

like Cam Brown, LB, PSU also. Long lanky LB who specializes in covering RB and TE. Would be a good LB to add to the mix. 

James Taylor, DL, Baylor is one I like, though he may be a (size, usage) repeat of what we got w Davidson and have on the roster with Cominsky and T-Mariner.

Joe Reed, KJ Hill, James Proche, Tyler Johnson, Stephen Guidry are WRs I still like.

wouldn't hate one the remaining QBs in round 4 either. (Eason, Fromm, Morgan) get a solid backup, if you’re lucky you get Ryan’s eventual replacement or a trade candidate for extra draft capital in a few years. (I say this NOT at all a Dawg fan ;) ) Eason is a statue though, reminds me of a Flacco type, or best case scenario Drew Bledsoe.

i could list plenty of guys, bottom line, still a lot of NFL talent on day 3. Wouldn’t mind landing a WR as well still, especially if he is a good ST player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dukeduke211 said:

Day 2 was spot on

yeah except I left Marlon Davidson off the list!  :doh: Doh!

Davidson should have been on there - he was easy to overlook because he really is more of a DT but listed as a DE in draft stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

because they still have two future holes in the lineup - Alex Mack's last year and Jamon Brown and James Carpenter probably their last year as well.

Point, but I just don't think that another interior OL will be taken by the Falcons in the draft, but wouldn't be disjointed....er, disappointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

Wonnum has skills that translate to the NFL, high boom or bust but I like him in later rounds.

Geno Stone is another I like that’s not getting much press around here.

and as I mentioned before I like Dane Jackson, CB, PITT

i could list plenty of guys, bottom line, still a lot of NFL talent on day 3. Wouldn’t mind landing a WR as well still, especially if he is a good ST player.

go ahead and list them - I won't take offense - that's what this thread is about.  I am sure I forgot guys that should be on here - like I did yesterday w/ Marlon Davidson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, g-dawg said:

yeah except I left Marlon Davidson off the list!  :doh: Doh!

Davidson should have been on there - he was easy to overlook because he really is more of a DT but listed as a DE in draft stuff.

I actually guessed that pick right! :slick:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

go ahead and list them - I won't take offense - that's what this thread is about.  I am sure I forgot guys that should be on here - like I did yesterday w/ Marlon Davidson.

Many/most of them you have covered...just saying there are a lot of guys I could say why I still like. 

edit - I went back and added a couple more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tim Mazetti said:

Point, but I just don't think that another interior OL will be taken by the Falcons in the draft, but wouldn't be disjointed....er, disappointed.

I hear ya - a lot probably resides in how strong the regime feels about OG/OT Matt Gono already on the squad - and how Falcons feel about his development.   Right now he might battle/win that starting LG spot - if he does, then maybe we only look at drafting a back-up OT - which we probably need - especially if we are gonna kick Gono inside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love a lot of who you listed, but you're missing a massive sleeper. ****, I didn't even see he was still three till now.

Carter Coughlin. 

Got a big hunch he winds up in red and black and gets play time sooner than expected...

1) Amik Robertson

2) Carter Coughlin

3) James Lynch

4) Bryce Hall

5) Akeem Davis Gaither

6) Kenny Robinson

7) Justin Strnad

8) Khalid Kareem

9) Hunter Bryant

10) Troy Dye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KillaDrtyBrd401 said:

Yes!  That’s the definition of value!  Can’t have too many DBs!

right.  can never have too many really. never know when injury bug will strike.  plus if you want to talk about BPA, hes gotta be on top of the list at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Love a lot of who you listed, but you're missing a massive sleeper. ****, I didn't even see he was still three till now.

Carter Coughlin. 

Got a big hunch he winds up in red and black and gets play time sooner than expected...

1) Amik Robertson

2) Carter Coughlin

3) James Lynch

4) Bryce Hall

5) Akeem Davis Gaither

6) Kenny Robinson

7) Justin Strnad

8) Khalid Kareem

9) Hunter Bryant

10) Troy Dye

I already have half of those you listed above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, g-dawg said:

Right now he might battle/win that starting LG spot - if he does, then maybe we only look at drafting a back-up OT - which we probably need - especially if we are gonna kick Gono inside.

.....Oh, yes. I can see an OT.

Which of those listed LB's do you favor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
  • Create New...