Our Line Up 2020

I am starting to like what I am seeing here..

Both starting line ups are in nickel - offense is our 3 Down and 6 Line up.

Offense

OL: Matthews - Hennessy - Mack - Lindstrom - McGary

QB: Ryan

RB: Gurley

WR: Jones, Ridley, Gage

TE: Hurst

Defense:

DL: Takk - Davidson - Grady - Fowler

LB: Jones, Foye

DB: Terrell, Sheffield, Oliver

Safeties: Allen, Neal

Our team already look a lot better than it did three days ago. We will add further quality in the fourth round today.

It looks about right, assuming we start with '11' personnel on offense. I don't expect that will change after today.

I do question where Cominsky fits in the long-term picture. I was hopeful he would be that guy inside next to Grady in nickel. I'm sure we'll rotate and he might be a better fit at end in our base package, but would like to hear from DQ on where he sees him fitting. He seems to be somewhat of the forgotten man at the moment. 

1 hour ago, FalconOdense said:

I am starting to like what I am seeing here..

Both starting line ups are in nickel - offense is our 3 Down and 6 Line up.

Offense

OL: Matthews - Hennessy - Mack - Lindstrom - McGary

QB: Ryan

RB: Gurley

WR: Jones, Ridley, Gage

TE: Hurst

Defense:

DL: Takk - Davidson - Grady - Fowler

LB: Jones, Foye

DB: Terrell, Sheffield, Oliver

Safeties: Allen, Neal

Our team already look a lot better than it did three days ago. We will add further quality in the fourth round today.

True... The missing ingredient is now to sprinkle in a few defensive vets like Griffin, Dennard, Kendricks to round out the squad 

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

I really don't think Hennessy can play G from day 1. The guy is too stiff and doesn't look strong enough.

Agreed,

I think Gono starts at guard, Hennessy is both backup guard and eventual replacement for Mack.

I also think Terrell is the number 3 Corner day one. Sheffield and Oliver start, Sheffield kicks in to slot in Nickel and Terrell goes outside.

Davidson starts day one.

2 hours ago, Malachore said:

I really don't think Hennessy can play G from day 1. The guy is too stiff and doesn't look strong enough.

I agree that Hennessy will get a redshirt year and likely take over as a starter in year 2.  He essentially is a replacement for Schweitzer this year and future starter. 

Would not want to face our offense if I was an NFL team. Hey, isn’t refreshing to finally say we have good Depth at the Oline? It’s been a while. Our backups are making 3-6mil a year lol :rolleyes:

our defense on the other hand is a big meh for me. I know some our more opportunistic but I’m not. No one really scares anyone on the at D besides Grady and maybe Fowler. We have good players but they don’t have that DAWG in them. Plus i still think we are soft up the middle.