We only got 1 starter for the 2020 season out of this draft

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Try again AJ day 1 Davidson will move inside with Grady day 1 Hennesy  best center in the draft moving to guard good shot day 1 2 out of 3 for sure and if Hennessy wins the LG spot

Okay so you’re a coach that knows who is going to start and who isn’t? Can you please list every single item that qualifies someone as a starter vs a non starter? 

Hennessy might be the starting left guard this year....straight from dq mouth...Davidson is going to be in the rotation day 1. Terrell is starting day 1...you’re looking at 3 potential starters 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, iLLmaticz said:

Yes you R complaining 

How?

Did I criticize anything or player negatively?

My post is to spark conversation of the direction the roster is headed and how the coaching staff seems confident in their choices (as they should be) considering the short leash they’re on.  I, however, feel like there are still holes in the roster.

The guys we drafted are just ok in my book.  Nothing that really gets my nads tingling. 

23 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Sorry: if the punter doesn't tackle harder than our whole defense, he's apparently not our guy.

Ryan Allen was pinning fools in the 15-10 yard line left and right :rant:!!!

Guess it’s good for competition though.  Don’t let him get complacent.

15 hours ago, Rings said:

Free agency won’t be much, after this draft class we will be roughly -$5mil in cap.  June first cuts fall off will help some but not enough to get impactful starters.

Falcons are getting $11 million in July from cutting Trufant.

1 hour ago, KRUNKuno said:

How?

Did I criticize anything or player negatively?

My post is to spark conversation of the direction the roster is headed and how the coaching staff seems confident in their choices (as they should be) considering the short leash they’re on.  I, however, feel like there are still holes in the roster.

The guys we drafted are just ok in my book.  Nothing that really gets my nads tingling. 

What exactly more did you need? The comfort of a popular name?  As I see it it we addressed every need  and as a bonus maybe grabbed a punter who can viewed as a weapon. 

5 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Terrell will start day 1, and get burnt to a crisp for an 80-yard TD on the first play.

Sounds like you should find a new team That suits your needs since the Falcons obviously don’t. Anyone that hopes a new teammate performs poorly isn’t a fan, but it’s cool, go cry about our picks while the rest of us support and anticipate good things while you wallow in misery.

3 minutes ago, Cheyakita said:

What exactly more did you need? The comfort of a popular name?  As I see it it we addressed every need  and as a bonus maybe grabbed a punter who can viewed as a weapon. 

Terrell, Davidson, and Hennessy are all popular names. They were all over the board. As usual it’s an easy dig, but considering the man you’re quoting it’s incorrect. BTW...he and I usually don’t get along so...

Just now, Cheyakita said:

Sounds like you should find a new team That suits your needs since the Falcons obviously don’t. Anyone that hopes a new teammate performs poorly isn’t a fan, but it’s cool, go cry about our picks while the rest of us support and anticipate good things while you wallow in misery.

How about instead of attacking a poster, say something that proves he’s wrong. That schtick played out a decade ago

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

Terrell, Davidson, and Hennessy are all popular names. They were all over the board. As usual it’s an easy dig, but considering the man you’re quoting it’s incorrect. BTW...he and I usually don’t get along so...

So what’s your beef with my comment? Just tired of the crybabies who complain when we had a draft that addressed our needs. 

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

How about instead of attacking a poster, say something that proves he’s wrong. That schtick played out a decade ago

Thanks dad! If you want to defend posters who consistently whine when the player they wanted doesn’t get drafted and complain over and over that’s fine but don’t try to prop yourself up chastising posters who call them out.

21 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Is hennessey going to start over Mack, Brown, or Carpenter?

is Davidson going to start over McKinley, Fowler, Grady, or Davison?

Barring injuries, probably not.  By starter I mean somebody ready to go day one.  Hennessey will start in the future for sure.  Davidson is a toss up but possesses nice traits to be an every down guy in the future with grooming.

As for the 2020 season, we still have holes or upgradable positions.  We could definitely use another promising pass rusher.  We definitely need a LB.  We could also upgrade safety depth.

I could start over Carpenter.

11 minutes ago, Cheyakita said:

Thanks dad! If you want to defend posters who consistently whine when the player they wanted doesn’t get drafted and complain over and over that’s fine but don’t try to prop yourself up chastising posters who call them out.

No one asked you to “call them out”. No need to be jerk because you don’t like a persons opinion on a subject. Should I slap everyone who says something I disagree with? Prove him wrong or concede to being the exact thing you are accusing others of.

9 hours ago, Cheyakita said:

Point me to the part were I said I hope he underperforms.  His game film speaks for itself: he's a PI-prone DB that got torched in the ACC.  Good luck with that.

9 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Bingo.  Funny how not loving every move this team makes leads posters like him to think I should switch teams.  Wonder how he liked the team's decisionmaking in SB51, because if he was mad, by gosh, he should switch teams.

5 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Bingo.  Funny how not loving every move this team makes leads posters like him to think I should switch teams.  Wonder how he liked the team's decisionmaking in SB51, because if he was mad, by gosh, he should switch teams.

Don’t listen to that rubbish 

16 hours ago, etherdome said:

Terrell starts day one.

Davidson starts day one.

Hennessey sits for a year, gets a little more "country strong" ---translation--- core strength, and likely takes over at Center next season.  I am not pushing Mack away, but I get the feeling he will be ready to retire soon. 

Walker plays LB in the red zone.

Hawkins is much-needed insurance for Neal.  We say bye-bye to Neal next off season.

Who knows about punters?   

talking about waiting until hennesy gets a little stronger, why we couldn't get a real mauler at center like cushenberry