We only got 1 starter for the 2020 season out of this draft

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Try again AJ day 1 Davidson will move inside with Grady day 1 Hennesy  best center in the draft moving to guard good shot day 1 2 out of 3 for sure and if Hennessy wins the LG spot

Okay so you’re a coach that knows who is going to start and who isn’t? Can you please list every single item that qualifies someone as a starter vs a non starter? 

Hennessy might be the starting left guard this year....straight from dq mouth...Davidson is going to be in the rotation day 1. Terrell is starting day 1...you’re looking at 3 potential starters 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Hennessey may start at guard but man I wish we had taken this as beater just so we could see him play through the whistle and pss defenders off. Still have a chance to get him.

That’s what I like to see

I think being a starter isn't as significant as it used to maybe 15 to 20 years ago.  Most teams have to have a rotation on the defensive line and several other positions.  As long as your guys in the first 3 rounds play a significant and meaningful amount of snaps they'll be well worth the selections

2 hours ago, Em_Jae20 said:

I think being a starter isn't as significant as it used to maybe 15 to 20 years ago.  Most teams have to have a rotation on the defensive line and several other positions.  As long as your guys in the first 3 rounds play a significant and meaningful amount of snaps they'll be well worth the selections

You’re right.  It’s not as significant.  I even mentioned in the OP that Davidson will be a rotational piece.

But as far as having a guy that is going to be on the field 90+% of the time for this year, Terrell is all we got.  I’m hoping he can make an impact early because it’s going to be immediate trial by fire for his career considering the QB and WR talent he’s going to be facing.

I don’t think we’ll feel the results of this draft as much in other positions of need (most notably DE and LB) this year which is why I said originally that TD and DQ must be pretty confident in what we already have.

This thread topic is an emotional reaction like so many others. If there’s anything to know about grading drafts or predicting how they pan out, is that 95% of the time we get it wrong, both good and bad grades. I continually shake my head at media and fans that try to talk authoritatively about who wins and loses drafts, usually based on google searches and their own biases.  They only way to lose a draft for sure is to have no picks at all. 

Edited by EpicBird
1 minute ago, EpicBird said:

This thread topic is an emotional reaction like so many others. If there’s anything to know about grading drafts or predicting how they pan out, is that 95% of the time we get it wrong, both good and bad grades. I continually shake my head at media and fans that try to talk authoritatively about who wins and loses drafts, usually based on google searches and their own biases.  They only way to lose a draft for sure is to have no picks at all. 

My apologies for making my projection of this draft.

I really hate draft weekend, because it rarely lives up to the hype. You go in wanting certain players with aspirations of seeing them playing for your home team only to watch them draft by a rival or some other you really don't like. Your whole day/night is filled with "WTF" moments. Constantly thinking man we have to draft this guy or that guy if he is there, only see some unknown pick from school you've never heard of or watched. For us its normally from the Midwest somewhere. Can't tell ya how many times I've said to myself, do our scouts or front office even watch players from the south!!?? I don't know for a fact but I bet you my last doughnut our record against teams with players from south is not good at all. Dimitroff has a special affiliation for players from Fresno though. Note to staff at least let the fans vote at least one pick, cause then it makes us feel part of the process. 

5 hours ago, Snafu said:

Quinn said Davidson will be our 3T in nickle....85% of our snaps come from nickle.

Also said he'd give him reps on the outside in the base.

Quinn said Hennessy will be day 1 LG. Will compete for that spot. Said he thinks Mack still has a lot of football ahead of him.

Yep. Replaced both AC and Crawford; since JC is still an unknown.

more upside as a pass rusher than every other interior DL like TD, AB, DS(R.I.P.?)...

JC may yet be a DE and Davidson more an interior guy. :)

3 minutes ago, Schwarzwald said:

Yep. Replaced both AC and Crawford; since JC is still an unknown.

more upside as a pass rusher than every other interior DL like TD, AB, DS(R.I.P.?)...

JC may yet be a DE and Davidson more an interior guy. :)

Indeed.

I think this draft has made it obvious that TD and DQ felt pretty **** confident w/ the players we already had on this team.

Edited by Snafu
28 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

My apologies for making my projection of this draft.

Wasn’t trying to be cranky - point is when we look at drafts in real time compared to what turns out, be it wrong evaluations, injuries, etc. it’s mostly a dart board. 

10 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Which leads me to believe Quinn and company think they’ll still be here after 2020

Davidson is a rotational piece

Hennessey will sit and learn

The only thing I can think of is that the FO will still have work to do in FA.  We currently only have 1 true pass rusher on the roster as it stands.  Coaches must really have faith in McKinley.  

Still need a LB and there aren’t any noteworthy ones left in this draft.  Maybe Kamal Martin (who is a Devondre clone...school included), or Maybe they plan on playing 3 safety sets with Allen, Kazee and Neal as a box safety/LB.

Somehow it just seems like we still have a lot of holes to fill that will not get addressed with the talent left in this draft.

Need the downvote button

4 hours ago, UGABOZ said:

the draft is a C- at best op is right we are getting just guys at this point no one meaningful to start and make a difference

Perhaps in your mind it’s a C-, you know because it’s players you weren’t expecting based on months of talking heads, these forums and mock drafts which all amount to crap if we’re being honest. I see the draft as a solid B, got players of need and good players at that. Added depth we we are lacking as well, some of you guys just will never be happy and that’s cool, totally your decision but for the rest of us we will enjoy this new group of Falcons. 

Davidson will play inside.  He's not going to be on the outside much.  That is fowler and Takk territory this year.  Grady needed help and a big body next to him to help push was needed and we got that with Davidson.  

Davidson also fills the role that was Clayborn in the big sets.