We only got 1 starter for the 2020 season out of this draft

Which leads me to believe Quinn and company think they’ll still be here after 2020

Davidson is a rotational piece

Hennessey will sit and learn

The only thing I can think of is that the FO will still have work to do in FA.  We currently only have 1 true pass rusher on the roster as it stands.  Coaches must really have faith in McKinley.  

Still need a LB and there aren’t any noteworthy ones left in this draft.  Maybe Kamal Martin (who is a Devondre clone...school included), or Maybe they plan on playing 3 safety sets with Allen, Kazee and Neal as a box safety/LB.

Somehow it just seems like we still have a lot of holes to fill that will not get addressed with the talent left in this draft.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Try again AJ day 1 Davidson will move inside with Grady day 1 Hennesy  best center in the draft moving to guard good shot day 1 2 out of 3 for sure and if Hennessy wins the LG spot

Okay so you’re a coach that knows who is going to start and who isn’t? Can you please list every single item that qualifies someone as a starter vs a non starter? 

Hennessy might be the starting left guard this year....straight from dq mouth...Davidson is going to be in the rotation day 1. Terrell is starting day 1...you’re looking at 3 potential starters 

Posted Images

Just now, KRUNKuno said:

Which leads me to believe Quinn and company think they’ll still be here after 2020

The only thing I can think of is that the FO will still have work to do in FA.  We currently only have 1 true pass rusher on the roster as it stands.  Coaches must really have faith in McKinley.  

Still need a LB and there aren’t any noteworthy ones left in this draft.  Maybe Kamal Martin (who is a Devondre clone...school included), or Maybe they plan on playing 3 safety sets with Allen, Kazee and Neal as a box safety/LB.

Somehow it just seems like we still have a lot of holes to fill that will not get addressed with the talent left in this draft.

Okay so you’re a coach that knows who is going to start and who isn’t? Can you please list every single item that qualifies someone as a starter vs a non starter? 

1 minute ago, Atlchamp99 said:

Is hennessey going to start over Mack, Brown, or Carpenter?

is Davidson going to start over McKinley, Fowler, Grady, or Davison?

Barring injuries, probably not.  By starter I mean somebody ready to go day one.  Hennessey will start in the future for sure.  Davidson is a toss up but possesses nice traits to be an every down guy in the future with grooming.

As for the 2020 season, we still have holes or upgradable positions.  We could definitely use another promising pass rusher.  We definitely need a LB.  We could also upgrade safety depth.

7 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Barring injuries, probably not.  By starter I mean somebody ready to go day one.  Hennessey will start in the future for sure.  Davidson is a toss up but possesses nice traits to be an every down guy in the future with grooming.

As for the 2020 season, we still have holes or upgradable positions.  We could definitely use another promising pass rusher.  We definitely need a LB.  We could also upgrade safety depth.

So a player is only deemed a starter if they are ready from day one? Do the other 31 teams just grab 7 day one starters like it's nothing?

8 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Hennessy might be the starting left guard this year....straight from dq mouth...Davidson is going to be in the rotation day 1. Terrell is starting day 1...you’re looking at 3 potential starters 

38 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

So a player is only deemed a starter if they are ready from day one? Do the other 31 teams just grab 7 day one starters like it's nothing?

Nobody said that

24 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Nobody knows anything. Just wait and see before the *****ing commence 

No complaining.  Just trying to figure out what the FO is thinking.  Seems like they’re very content with what we have and are building for the future.

3 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Out of the areas you mentioned, only SLB is a potential starter spot.

This draft was gonna be a depth draft except for CB

Davidson might not be the “starter” but he will 100% get the equivalent of starter snaps. And TD/DQ have said Hennessy will have the chance to win the LG spot. They were confident he could do it. 

so that’s 3/3 potential day 1 starters, idk what you’re smoking man 

Edited by shock

Quinn said Davidson will be our 3T in nickle....85% of our snaps come from nickle.

Also said he'd give him reps on the outside in the base.

Quinn said Hennessy will be day 1 LG. Will compete for that spot. Said he thinks Mack still has a lot of football ahead of him.

Edited by Snafu
5 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Several LBs still available.

Hennessy most likely plays LG this year and slides over to center once Mack leaves

Don't forget there are still a lot of free agents available to fill holes

Being an Atlanta Falcons fan is so hard because we have so many downers. Maybe the team can't win because our negative energy is killing their souls. Anyway, Mack is getting older and Hennessey will replace him, if not just take over LG. As far as the D-line Quinn rotates them all the time so it doesn't matter if he's a "starter". I like the direction of the draft so far. No stupid trade ups. They're sticking to their board and they get paid a lot more than I pay them for the privilege to watch them so just stop complaining and find some positivity in your life. I guarantee day 3 will piss you off too and the team still won't care.

Edited by pearljamnash13

Regardless of how many starters have been drafted, it's definitely true that

A) most of TATF said TD/DQ would be extremely aggressive and many expected TD to trade up - because they were on the hot seat, yet

B ) this draft has not shown that TD/DQ appear desperate, and have been willing to stay put and not take chances. 

Your point about them not seeming to be worried appears correct. OR Blank/McKay wouldn't let them mortgage the future.