Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Falcons Fan MVP

Would you have rather drafted Lloyd Cushenberry with our pick 78?

Henny is perfect in the ATL. 

Real talk though the guy didn't give up a sack in the last 2 years, I think it's a very good pick. Cush I think is an excellent player as well, but I'm happy with this pick. 

29 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Some Falcons fans think we should have drafted Lloyd Cushenberry instead of Matt Hennessey.

So since that’s what some of the fans wanted we should take their limited knowledge compared to NFL scouts and debate something that won’t change? Some of these threads are worse than clickbait.

43 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

No, too many experts had Henn rated much higher...Henn was Gil Brandt's #1 center

You know, when people talk about "experts" they normally mention guys that might have been scouts or players in the NFL and while I don't totally sneeze on those guys, I take it with a lot more weight when it's someone like Gil Brandt or Bill Polian. Why? Those guys were long-time NFL GM's and built Super Bowl winning teams. You don't build a Super Bowl winning team unless you know how to evaluate talent.

I’m perfectly fine with Hennessy as he, Cushenberry, and Bredeson (still available) are my 3 favorite interior OL in this draft. Would’ve been glad with any of the three, and we got one. 

On the BR draft, they were cracking up about the possibility of selling "Hennessy" ATL jerseys.

Then Denver grabbed Cushenberry and they started cracking up even more.

Said based on name alone, these 2 guys couldnt go to better cities. 

Posted (edited)

Maybe. Both are great players IMO. But I think Hen is a better scheme fit and this FO has shown they are willing to take players who fit the system even though they might be ranked a bit lower, and that has worked out pretty good so far.

Hennessy was basically studying Mack already, so it just makes so much sense to make him the pick, so he can pick it all up in person from Mack. I think there is an extra motivational dimension with Hennessy, given he can learn from Mack.

Very very happy with the Hennessy pick!

Edited by niels petersen

19 hours ago, atljbo said:

In a zone blocking scheme I like Henney.... His reach blocking  and athleticism fit the scheme

Exactly.

Hennessy said Alex Mack’s OL coach in CLE became his coach year 1 at Temple; when he got converted to C, and guess what? Dude shows him all of the tape on Mack and he started emulating his game.

So, basically you could say he began to study under Alex years ago now.

Stay woke. :slick:

20 hours ago, Cheyakita said:

So since that’s what some of the fans wanted we should take their limited knowledge compared to NFL scouts and debate something that won’t change? Some of these threads are worse than clickbait.

Its a message board for fans dawg. A fan is asking fans what they think since fans had an opinion about another player.