• Played just 51 percent of snaps against the run
  • Could have issues adjusting as interior player if asked
  • Footwork and contact balance inconsistent along interior
  • Struggled against Alabama's power
  • Needs to thump pulling blocks before looking to make a play
  • Inconsistent locating the football over playing the block
  • Not a big ground gainer on first three rush steps upfield from edge
  • Powerful hands can stall his inside rush

I don't understand how this is considered a weakness. 
 He played 1/2 of his snaps against the run.... Okay? So that means he played the other half against the pass lol Seems like you have a good balance of film to look at then.

Am I tripping?

2 minutes ago, LightningDawg58 said:

I don't understand how this is considered a weakness. 
 He played 1/2 of his snaps against the run.... Okay? So that means he played the other half against the pass lol Seems like you have a good balance of film to look at then.

Am I tripping?

Nah lol. I think what it says is that they only played him half the time in rushing downs vs probably close to 100% of the time in passing downs. 

29 minutes ago, gazoo said:

He's got the same hand violence and upper body strength that made Rod Coleman such a vicious pass rusher from the DT position. Rod was constantly knifing into the backfield disrupting plays.

I REALLY like he stayed his senior season, we get a well developed DL that played against top talent in college.  He's going to look really good on passing downs playing next to Grady Jarrett, Fowler and Takk.

That’s a pretty good comp!

6 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

That’s a pretty good comp!

Remember Coleman's hand violence, chopping motions and brute upper body strength? OGs had a lot of trouble with him because they couldn't get their hands on him to control.

Coleman was CONSTANTLY disrupting plays in the backfield.  You put this next to Grady and we are going to be able to get consistent interior pocket pressure on Brady, his Achilles heel.

16 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Remember Coleman's hand violence, chopping motions and brute upper body strength? OGs had a lot of trouble with him because they couldn't get their hands on him to control.

Coleman was CONSTANTLY disrupting plays in the backfield.  You put this next to Grady and we are going to be able to get consistent interior pocket pressure on Brady, his Achilles heel.

Coleman was definitely unblockable at times. Marlon definitely exhibits it on film!

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

He's got the same hand violence and upper body strength that made Rod Coleman such a vicious pass rusher from the DT position. Rod was constantly knifing into the backfield disrupting plays.

I REALLY like he stayed his senior season, we get a well developed DL that played against top talent in college.  He's going to look really good on passing downs playing next to Grady Jarrett, Fowler and Takk.

I loved Rod Coleman as a Falcon...lol

26 minutes ago, zekeyboy1 said:

I loved Rod Coleman as a Falcon...lol

Me too man, he was freaking violent. I know him personally, he owns an academy in SW Atlanta and I used to run into him a lot. His upper body wide wide broad shoulders really stick out. When he played, his arms and hands would be moving so violently OL couldn’t get their hands up under his pads to control him. Beastly strength.

Davidson so much reminds me of Rod. Lining up next to Jarret on passing downs with Flowler and Takk teeing off on the edges is an exciting proposition to me. We should be able to get good pressure with just the front four which gives us a lot of options with the other 7 defenders.  

2 hours ago, FalconofShadows said:

Hes 300lbs I don't see him playing DE except in a goalline situation 

I know some people hate comps to the Seattle defense but I think the hope is that Davidson turns into our Michael Bennett.  He played mostly defensive end at AU and was productive there so I definitely think we drafted him to play DE but really like that he can slide inside a bit.