Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rings

Saints Picks Last 2 Years

The Saints didn’t have a first round pick last year, and don’t have a second this year unless they trade up.  So they have only had two picks the last two years in the first two rounds to go all in while Brees is around and they use them to draft two centers.  Can you imagine how bad TATF would explode if that happens Ryan and Julio’s last couple of years?  I know they will likely move Ruiz to guard, but still pretty amazing.

I like the idea of trading up for dudes while you only have Brees for a few years. I thought the trade up for Davenport last year was dumb only because of the player. I actually liked the move of getting a pass rusher though. I think they did well with McCoy last year and I really like the Ruiz pick this year as well. And on top of that they are looking to trade future picks to acquire a 2nd rounder. Its a good time for them to do that. I think we should do that as well honestly.

20 minutes ago, Rings said:

The Saints didn’t have a first round pick last year, and don’t have a second this year unless they trade up.  So they have only had two picks the last two years in the first two rounds to go all in while Brees is around and they use them to draft two centers.  Can you imagine how bad TATF would explode if that happens Ryan and Julio’s last couple of years?  I know they will likely move Ruiz to guard, but still pretty amazing.

They've always provided Brees with a strong interior OL because they know a stable pocket is what's required to thrive at QB.

I've been envious of that the last decade.

TD needs to target another second as well. The available talent still on the board may be too enticing. Fortify our front 7, and go BPA the rest of the way

Is it a joke to you because New Orleans Saints always keep Brees protected ?? I mean i really dont know what youre trying to imply but. They got another playmaker opposite of Thomas in FA, their D Line is still good. They can choose a day 2 linebacker or cb. They did not have many needs besides Linebacker and OL. 

They just further solidified their OL to keep Brees upright and passing to those great players. 

3 minutes ago, caponine said:

Is it a joke to you because New Orleans Saints always keep Brees protected ?? I mean i really dont know what youre trying to imply but. They got another playmaker opposite of Thomas in FA, their D Line is still good. They can choose a day 2 linebacker or cb. They did not have many needs besides Linebacker and OL. 

They just further solidified their OL to keep Brees upright and passing to those great players. 

Their defense  was torched  when they played decent offenses

Watson and the  Texans shredded them

Goff and the Rams Shredded them

Other good teams had their way.

They were 20th in pass defense, 21st  in  passing TD allowed ( only allowed 1 fewer than us)

And while they were    good  in  run defensive yardage,  we actually allowed the EXACT same ypc  and they only allowed 1 fewer   rushing TD than we did,

So  they only allowed 2 fewer TD's than we did last year.

They had  as many defensive issues as we have and the only real defensive addition  has been 32 year old Malcom Jenkins who was not good in philly last year.

1 hour ago, Rings said:

The crazy thing is...

Nobody is talking about their already established interior. They just paid Peat, they drafted McCoy, and Warford was a Pro Bowler. 

Ruiz will be on the bench. Unless they cut Warford. Which is crazy. They should have taken Queen. 

52 minutes ago, vel said:

The crazy thing is...

Nobody is talking about their already established interior. They just paid Peat, they drafted McCoy, and Warford was a Pro Bowler. 

Ruiz will be on the bench. Unless they cut Warford. Which is crazy. They should have taken Queen. 

They basically don't like their OG situation and didn't like another OG on the board I guess.

Documented we showed how to beat the Saints in the game in NO last year. Vikings said so. They want to ensure a non-weak interior OL.

Ruiz was probably their highest graded interior OL on the board. Their team is pretty stacked otherwise so they didn't have to take another position I guess.

1 hour ago, bigjmw84 said:

TD needs to target another second as well. The available talent still on the board may be too enticing. Fortify our front 7, and go BPA the rest of the way

Sounds good to me...

18 hours ago, vel said:

The crazy thing is...

I don't think Peat can stay healthy for long. I've heard Saints fans complain about that.

Ruiz is probably insurance on Peat.

Peat may be traded in a season or two with Ruiz taking over.

16 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I don't think Peat can stay healthy for long. I've heard Saints fans complain about that.

Ruiz is probably insurance on Peat.

Peat may be traded in a season or two with Ruiz taking over.

So why pay him $50MM? None of it makes sense. If Peat is so unreliable you had to spend a first on Ruiz, why bring Peat back? Or why cut a pro bowl RG for a rookie if this is Brees' last year? Or why bench McCoy for Ruiz? 

None of it makes sense for a team in the obvious last year of a run. 

19 hours ago, takeitdown said:

They've always provided Brees with a strong interior OL because they know a stable pocket is what's required to thrive at QB.

I've been envious of that the last decade.

I have always wondered how much better Ryan would stack up if he had the saints line over the years. Envy their stance on not simply having adequate support up front.

3 minutes ago, vel said:

So why pay him $50MM? None of it makes sense. If Peat is so unreliable you had to spend a first on Ruiz, why bring Peat back? Or why cut a pro bowl RG for a rookie if this is Brees' last year? Or why bench McCoy for Ruiz? 

I was surprised that Peat was re-signed based on how Saints fans were complaining about him.

It also being Brees' last year or two may have also played a factor into it.

18 hours ago, vel said:

The crazy thing is...

I heard from a saints guy that they probably will cut Warford, he has a 13 million cap hit this year. If that happens they can just start Ruiz at guard and keep McCoy at center.

Funny thing around here is Saints and Falcons could draft the exact same players, and the board w roast the Falcons for it, yet praise the Saints for the same draft. :doh:

1 minute ago, Drew4719 said:

I heard from a saints guy that they probably will cut Warford, he has a 13 million cap hit this year. If that happens they can just start Ruiz at guard and keep McCoy at center.

Again, Warford is a Pro Bowl RG. They don't lack for OL. Cutting Warford for Ruiz is a big risk. 

1 minute ago, vel said:

Again, Warford is a Pro Bowl RG. They don't lack for OL. Cutting Warford for Ruiz is a big risk. 

I agree, it is a huge risk, that’s just what i heard from him. He said Warford wasn’t as good last year and made the pro bowl off of reputation more than anything :shrug:

5 minutes ago, vel said:

Is it obvious? Teddy won last year. I think we underestimate what having Payton’s play calling and a top tier offensive line can produce. Not to mention what QB doesn’t want to play there? What if they go after Rodgers and open up another 3 plus year window?