The Falcons didn’t settle for A.J. Terrell, they prized him

24 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

If Terrell was their guy why did they wait so long to pull the trigger?

Other teams were picking as soon as their number came up but the Falcons waited until there were a couple of minutes left.

Could mean nothing but a Quinn and TD have lost the benefit of the doubt...

Could mean they were using all there time to see how much the Eagles were willing to give up in order to move in front of the Cowboys and in the end determined it wasn't enough to give up AJ.

Wouldn't that be the prudent thing to do in that situation ?

26 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Other teams were picking as soon as their number came up but the Falcons waited until there were a couple of minutes left.

It’s 10 minutes. These teams call the player, congratulate him, etc and also have to submit the formal selection. They may have had calls, but who cares.

We got a Top CB that has size and runs 4.37-4.42...with 30 starts under his belt...those guys don’t grow on trees

35 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

You are reaching SO badly. It's pathetic honestly. If You Could Read you would see teams were trying to trade to 16 in front of Dallas. However, the compensation wasn't high enough so they stuck with their guy. If you could have gotten more than a fair value from the Eagles you would take the risk. Clearly it wasn't worth the risk

37 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Lol no they didnt. Bengals let it get down low too. 

45 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

I am more warmed up to him today after doing more research on him than yesterday, I'll admit. But fans need to expect that he will need some time to develop just like Oliver. 

Matt/JUlio dont have much time..I hope theyre fast learners...

Edited by zekeyboy1
8 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Or they didnt offer that. 

But they probably did. Belichick even said the other day that everyone uses the same chart with little negotiation now. If anything, Philly would have offered more since a player with a super-high grade was unexpectedly available there.

4 minutes ago, jidady said:

But they probably did. Belichick even said the other day that everyone uses the same chart with little negotiation now. If anything, Philly would have offered more since a player with a super-high grade was unexpectedly available there.

It's already came out they wouldnt give their second. And they didnt have a third so what would we have gotten? A 4th and 5th? **** that. 

Just now, Ovie_Lover said:

It's already came out they wouldnt give their second. And they didnt have a third so what would we have gotten? A 4th and 5th? **** that. 

Right. I listed what proper compensation was according to the chart. We asked for even more than that. Philly wanted to pay. We wanted them to overpay. So, we overvalued the pick. I'm not even saying Dimitroff is wrong here. I'm just relaying what happened.

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

The Bengals milked the clock dry for Burrow

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

They were obviously fielding calls on what they could do there. Once it clicked that the Raiders would take AJ the Falcons ran to the podium. 

Seems pretty obvious to me. IDK. 

I believe he is someone we liked and targeted throughout the process; probably just had Henderson a little higher. I'm personally happy we got a good prospect at a position of need without sacrificing future draft capital. Every pick spent on the defense is a win in my book. Give us two more tonight.

2 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:

HAWWWW YER killin me... I would put the Julio pick way above AJ.... :yikes:

We had to risk picks for Julio. AJ fell into our lap without risking anything. Getting an all pro CB without moving up is amazing. We might as well give Quinn and TD an extension